Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Godaddy suspended my hosting account with no warning!

I don't recommend anyone using GoDaddy.com hosting services!

I know, it's cheap, and you might think it worth for your small websites. But, you'll grow and you'll forget to change the hosting provider cause everything was ok so far.

But one day, you will notice ALL your websites are offline and you have no idea why! You try to access your FTP to check the sources but your user cannot login!

And when you login to your GoDaddy account you see a message like this: "Your hosting account was suspended!" and you need to contact support for more information...

Any, trust me, GoDaddy support sucks! I think they have the worst supporting service I've ever seen to a company. Not a hosting company, but any company. It takes even DAYS until you get a real answer to your problems. And I wrote "answer" not SOLUTION, like it should.

You know what answer I got back after I asked them why my account was suspended? "Please send us your PIN number..." What the hack! They have my email address, I even provided our customer number, all our websites are offline for hours and they asked me about a stupid PIN number they can find very easy, I am sure...

It's almost a day since we are totally offline and I have NO CLUE WHY! This means: angry customers and money lost. Do you still think cheap hosting from GoDaddy is the best solution for you??

Sounds like your account was compromised. Your pin number would be required to verify that you are the actual owner of your account.

There has to be a reason why they suspended you. Perhaps in time you'll fine out. Like Flapadar said maybe your account was compromised. Hopefully they give you an answer and soon at that.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required

You're probably right, it must be a reason (at least I hope so!) but... before suspending an account, don't you think you need to warn the owner? I had a similar situation a year ago when one on my websites hosted a PHPBB forum and this forum was hacked or something and a lot of emails where sent from there. But they stopped only that website and sent me a message. I had the FTP working and I was able to fix the problem. But now, they suspended my entire account with more than 10 different websites...

Quote Originally Posted by viaromania View Post
    You're probably right, it must be a reason (at least I hope so!) but... before suspending an account, don't you think you need to warn the owner? I had a similar situation a year ago when one on my websites hosted a PHPBB forum and this forum was hacked or something and a lot of emails where sent from there. But they stopped only that website and sent me a message. I had the FTP working and I was able to fix the problem. But now, they suspended my entire account with more than 10 different websites...
    Good hosts suspend problem files/domains/etc.
    Crappy hosts suspend an entire account -- and don't make replying to the customer a priority.

I've had lots of issues with Godaddy, trying to admin sites for friends and clients. Even menial tasks like setting up a new MySQL database is an aggravation. Most hosts -- even other lousy hosts -- are nowhere near as aggravating as Godaddy is. You could print out the name of 100 random hosts, tape them to a wall, throw a dart, and hit the name of a better-than-Godaddy host. Everything you do with Godaddy is met with delays, be it waiting on support, waiting on their draconian panel/cron setup, or wading through all the upsell ads.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

kpmedia, you're so damn right! I will keep you posted with the evolution of this issue. So far, no answer from GoDaddy.

Unfortunately many of the big name hosts shoot from the hip, canceling a client, when you may have violated their terms of service, leaving you to beg their abuse department for a reason they gave you the ax. Many of the so called "unlimited" hosts use their TOS as means to conveniently get rid of clients which have exceeded their hidden secret limit of resources.

get ready to provide them with some documents. (personal experience )
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

Wow! Check out their response:

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for contacting Hosting Support. In regards to your hosting account for __________.com:

You account was suspended while we migrate your account off the discontinued Cold Fusion server. The suspension was necessary to protect your content. After the discontinuation of our Cold Fusion support, content of the .cfm files can be displayed on the internet as plain text which may reveal site usernames and passwords. We will promptly reinstate the hosting account once the migration is complete. Once access has been restore we highly recommend you remove all .cfm files to ensure your content remains secure.

You can find more information about the discontinuation of Cold Fusion support here:

community.godaddy.com/godaddy/go-daddy-to-discontinue-coldfusion-support/

Please contact us if you have any further issues.

First: they never send me such an email, I checked their forum and everybody out there is complaining about not getting any email like they pretend.

Second: only one website from my websites hosted there is using ColdFusion, so what about stopping that and leave the others online??

Third: You should show a decent messsage on the screen so the customers and visitors understand what is going on.

Conclusion: Avoid using GoDaddy services!

Do you still think cheap hosting from GoDaddy is the best solution for you??
    The thing about godaddy is they are not even all that cheap. For the price they are charging, you can easily get a more dependable/stable web hosting service. In my opinion they have always been a budget service (something you would only use for hobby sites and maybe pay around $2-$3 bucks per month for).

As for the suspension without warning, this can happen with any web host. However the ideal situation is you get an email shortly after your account gets suspended instructing you to contact your web hosting company.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your troubles. I'd say you get what you pay for, but your probably paying a decent price for web hosting. Maybe next time just do a little more research before signing up with a prospective web host?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Best to start looking for another hosting provider as you are going to need it very soon

Best of luck and I hope they do get this sorted ASAP
    IrieHost Inc - Professional Web Hosting Provider & Social Network Servers
    VPS • Shared Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Reseller Hosting
    24hrs Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.99% Uptime
    See you soon @ www.riehost.com

By the way, do you recommend any ColdFusion hosting for small projects?

Godaddy University

I received this from a friend after his Godaddy experience.

Godaddy University...Related Courses For our Employees

We offer a Master's Degree in How To Be Arrogant To Our Customers.
    We offer a Master's Degree in How To Flex Our Muscles To Our Customers
    We offer a Master's Degree in How To Provide Lowly Support To Our Customers
    We offer a Master's Degree in How To Ignore Our Customers.
    We offer a Master's Degree in How Make Our Customers Beg Us

We offer the top degree...A PHD Degree in How To Lie To Everyone that is a customer or a potential customer.

I can relate to a lot of that with my experiences with Goaddy.

bruc - so true )

LOL. You no names wish you could be GoDaddy. Stop the hating.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

That's pretty lame, dummies should of told the users here's a new server, migrate your site to it, and offer help doing it in a sane fashion.

Can also say that's what people get for using things like cold fusion I guess. Similar issue if your cloud provider uses a proprietary system, you can't migrate your information automatically though can you imagine downloading multi gigabyte files to move to a different provider.
    █ Total Server Solutions
    OnApp Cloud Solutions, CDN, DNS, Load Balancers, and Hybrid Dedicated Servers
    █ Colocation with Colo@
    Visit us at http://www.totalserversolutions.com/

By the way, do you recommend any ColdFusion hosting for small projects?
    I just discovered one of my favorite hosts offers ColdFusion...
    ... but I forgot who it was as soon as you asked.

I hate when that happens.

I quit using ColdFusion in 1999 or so, so it's not something I pay much attention to.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    Aw shucks, I don't hate Godaddy...We stopped using the thugs when we decided they should be better known as.."Da Hood" in the internet.

We want to send our business to hosting companies on "Main Street"...not the thugs in "Da Hood".

Lot's of bling in da hood...
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by bruc View Post
    I received this from a friend after his Godaddy experience.

Godaddy University...Related Courses For our Employees

We offer a Master's Degree in How To Be Arrogant To Our Customers.
    We offer a Master's Degree in How To Flex Our Muscles To Our Customers
    We offer a Master's Degree in How To Provide Lowly Support To Our Customers
    We offer a Master's Degree in How To Ignore Our Customers.
    We offer a Master's Degree in How Make Our Customers Beg Us

We offer the top degree...A PHD Degree in How To Lie To Everyone that is a customer or a potential customer.

I can relate to a lot of that with my experiences with Goaddy.
    that would be a miserable experienced for me if i were you

It indeed is a very bad experience. Especially when no communication has gone out. This kind of shoddy service creates fear and disgust amongst customers and some of them then just dont trust any host.

You're probably right, it must be a reason (at least I hope so!) but... before suspending an account, don't you think you need to warn the owner?
    Whatever reason there is the thing is they should have warn their client/customer! It is disrespectful,you know!

Okay, I remembered.
    It was Jodohost: http://www.jodohost.com/windows-cf.asp

Not the host I was thinking of, but one I had been looking at recently. (I had an account with them years and years ago, but cancelled after a few weeks, as it wasn't exactly what I was looking for at the time. They have stayed on my backup list, however, all this time, should I need something in an emergency situation.) I can't believe they're still using H-Sphere.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Updates: some of my websites started to work. Still, I have some of them not working even if they are just Wordpress blogs, no ColdFusion involved. Also, my administration for hosting account still says "Your account is suspended".

FTP working again but I have no access to mySQL. I don't have any backup of the blogs that are not working yet... I wonder if I will ever recover my data from there...

I'll keep you posted.

They are still not answering to tickets sooner than one day after...

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    /me looks at your nickname

I hope that was a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast