Does anybody provide BULK SPACE RESELLING? (To see what is it go to http://resellerinfo.com/types.html)
    I found very few such webhosting companies, and for most of them buying separate accounts on other companies is cheaper.

Cool

Systematic Software
    david.iyoha@systware.com
    http://www.systware.com

In the long run, Bulk reselling and Bulk space reselling is the cheaper ways to go. While very few do offer these kinds there are a few. If you don't have the cash to fork out in the beginning, finding discount plans may be the best thing for you, since most companies do this.

On resellerinfo.com there is a search utility that you can use to find resellers and the different methods they use to resell. While the list is short, it is growing.

One company that does offer bulk space is host-all.com. This is NOT a recommendation, I just happen to know that they do offer it.

Let me know if you have further questions.
    Life is Minimum live it Maximum.

I don't get it?

If ,when you use a plan like this, you get to pick and choose from a list of plans to resell, why on earth would you ever choose one of the "rs-1" plans? If it's going to cost nine dollars just as the rs6 is, why wouldn't you sell ONLY the rs6?

Heh Beau, I remember asking Mike the *same* question. Although he explained it to me, I think you (Mike) need to work on the common sense problem of the plan. It is good, and it has been improved, but I think someone looking at it, will *think* that it just doesn't make sense.

It would seem that weighing the packages differently might help. Something like choose 3 Plan1's *or* 1 Plan3... get me? I don't know, but I think you can see how someone would look at it and go whaaaaaa?

I know it is so your resellers can offer different packages (believe me, I know if you just offered ONE, that is the FIRST question you'd get), but it still would make me wonder.

Basically, there is a cap on the bandwidth of the packages. So I don't think he cares about the package you pick all that much, just that you stay within the cap. It doesn't fully explain it, I know, but...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

It looked like greek to me

Yeah, it was a weird thing to look at. I understand that rs-1 means reseller 1, but not everyone will pick up on that. When it first popped up, I did find myself thinking "what the hell is rs-1?" And "what the hell is block 5?".

Exclamation

Originally posted by Chicken
    Basically, there is a cap on the bandwidth of the packages. So I don't think he cares about the package you pick all that much, just that you stay within the cap. It doesn't fully explain it, I know, but...
    I understand the "cap" part, but my main concern would be the disk space... A Standard Alabanza server has 9GB, right? that is 30 accounts of plan RS-6 (300MB). It would
    cost the reseller $200 (block 20 + block 10) to occupy an $800 server?! This part is what makes me wonder about this plan setup.

Disk space is always oversold. Think of all the people who get 300MB hosting plans but have 3MB of files stored.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Originally posted by MikeA

On resellerinfo.com there is a search utility that you can use to find resellers and the different methods they use to resell. While the list is short, it is growing.

Is there a way to search only for example for bulk space resellers? (I find that there only I can search for unix or for NT hosting)

Re: I don't get it?

If ,when you use a plan like this, you get to pick and choose from a list of plans to resell, why on earth would you ever choose one of the "rs-1" plans? If it's going to cost nine dollars just as the rs6 is, why wouldn't you sell ONLY the rs6?

I've never seen a company that offered only one plan make it. Most that do try to offer one plan end up changing and offering several different ones. Do we care if you sell all RS-6 accounts? Nope. That's your call. We don't think that you will succeed as a reseller by offering just that one account, but you can give it a try.

Yeah, it was a weird thing to look at. I understand that rs-1 means reseller 1, but not everyone will pick up on that. When it first popped up, I did find myself thinking "what the hell is rs-1?" And "what the hell is block 5?".

Yes the website needs some work, that's why we are in the process of building a new one. But I thought that it was clear what a BLOCK 5 would be. And it explains that you can sell any following 6 plans, so I thought that it was common sense to assume that RS-1 thru RS-6 would be understood as the 6 different accounts you could resell. Perhaps not. Maybe we need to be a little more wordy on the new site.

I understand the "cap" part, but my main concern would be the disk space... A Standard Alabanza server has 9GB, right? that is 30 accounts of plan RS-6 (300MB). It would cost the reseller $200 (block 20 + block 10) to occupy an $800 server?! This part is what makes me wonder about this plan setup.

Chicken is right. You always oversell both bandwidth and hard drive space. You assume that the average site uses less than 20MB of storage space (most use less than 5) and less than 250 MB of bandwidth (most use less than 100). If you don't, you'll never make any money.

Is there a way to search only for example for bulk space resellers? (I find that there only I can search for unix or for NT hosting)

We are still working on that. Right now, no, there isn't a way to do that. But then again, since the site is still so new, there are only about 11 resellers listed in there.

If someone has a question about reselling or about my accounts in particular, please let me know.

Bulk reselling isn't for everyone. It certainly can cost more in the beginning to start up your company, but over the long haul, it's a much cheaper and more flexible system then discount reselling.
    Life is Minimum live it Maximum.

Cool Bulk Reselling Breakup of Plans

From the marketing point of view (looking at it through serious Reseller's eyes only and not from an individual who wants to host multiple accounts at a discount)...

I feel that the 6 packages Mike has up on his site make a lot of sense. Because Resellers then can simply post the same packages on their individual websites giving them different names.

The names RS-1 to 6 really doesn't cause too much confusion. Because Resellers would be renaming these plans differently on their individual websites anyway. But it would be a good idea to rename them in a better manner, if desired.

How about simply calling them Plan A, B, C, D... etc.

Or Plan I, II, III ,IV... etc.

Or better still use some simple easy-to-understand English words like names of metals, for example.

Brass, Bronze, Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum !!!!!

Any other such English word combinations could be used, though I really don't think RS-1 to 6 causes much confusion. Mike actually has made it quite simple by numberically numbering them anyway with RS as a prefix.

And we did all immediately realize that RS stood for reseller, didn't we?!!!!!

Hope that helps.

Learner

Talking bulk reseller

Hello,

Note: This is my point of view, but we may not be the same kind of reseller you are.

We are a hosting partner of Mike. Our main goal is to provide our costumers (web-design is our focus) with everything they need.

With Mike his bulk reseller plans, you have everything under control. You can make your own plans, because the costumers don't know what is really possible with their account (we don't give them the usual cp).

So, you can provide your costumers with what you think is fair, and if they want more they pay more (you have already payed for it, so it's all extra). We always choose the largest package, but when you start out as a reseller it is helpfull to see the packages (you could copy and paste it in your pages just to show your costumers that you can offer those).

If Mike would not have offered these bulk reselling plans, we would not have signed up with them because that was exactly what we were looking for.....

Just my opinion Beauzeau...

Post Bulk Reselling is only...

profitable for serious Resellers. It definitely works out much cheaper for them in the long run.

In my humble opinion, here is how one could go about growing as a Reseller.

1. Choose a Reseller Plan that suits your needs with a good hosting company.

2. Then purchase Bulk Reselling plans which give you as much flexibility as previous individual plans. (This option would only be profitable if you are able to sell approximately more than 10 plans within a short time.)

3. Move on to a dedicated server when you have enough accounts.

4. Get your own customized server co-located if necessary. Or else stick to dedicated servers.

5. Rare achievement this... but start your own NOC !!!!!

sigh !!!!!!

Learner

Post ... continuation

6. Then tell your clients you are creating a new control panel with yadda yadda features and sell them too !!!!

7. Try the IPO route... and make even more money

Learner

Re: ... continuation

Originally posted by Learner
    6. Then tell your clients you are creating a new control panel with yadda yadda features and sell them too !!!!

7. Try the IPO route... and make even more money

Learner
    But how you can make money with IPO route?

Talking IPO = Initial Public Offering (I think)...

... Sergio, that's how you make money... get the public to invest a in your company by making it public.

Oh... there is another continuation, if you're interested !!!

8. Sell off your whole operation to Billy Uncle and invest the money in the Seychelles Islands.

Learner

Re: IPO = Initial Public Offering (I think)...

... Sergio, that's how you make money... get the public to invest a in your company by making it public.

Learner
    And what you get if others invest in your company? You loose control other your company.

The gains far outweigh the negatives ... trust me on this one

later

David
    Systematic Software
    david.iyoha@systware.com
    http://www.systware.com

Cool Not with an IPO, Sergio !!!

As the name suggests, it is just an Initial Public Offering... not a Total Public Offering or a Huge Public Offering.

So the majority control still is vested with the original owners, I think. But I am not an American, so may not be too accurate here.

Learner

Re: Not with an IPO, Sergio !!!

As the name suggests, it is just an Initial Public Offering... not a Total Public Offering or a Huge Public Offering.
    So the majority control still is vested with the original owners, I think.
    You mean there is possibility to issue stock, which doesn't give control, only percentage of profit?

But I am not an American, so may not be too accurate here.
    Learner [/B]
    I see by the time when you answer

Red face Stocks... Control... Profit Percentages

Okie Sergio... this doesn't really pertain to the thread now... but I would like to help you out with a better understanding since you asked... so this will be my last post on this topic

Public stocks (or shares) are basically documents that give the shareholder a certain unit amount of ownership of a public company.

The more stocks or shares a shareholder owns, the more he legally has a stake to the ownership of the company.

But this kind of *ownership* has limited powers... and such powers increase in proportion to the increase in the amount of shares held. The general rule is (not always) in most countries is that if a single shareholder owns more than 50% (ie 51%) of a public companies shares, he has tremendous voting power... and in most cases is the practical owner of the company.

The other shareholders do have a stake in the profits too in proportion to their individual shareholding, and similarly, a certain amount of leverage (or power) in the management of the company... which is generally exercised either at a board meeting or at a shareholder's meeting.

Hope this helps. Let us now please get this thread back to its original topic which you yourself started

Learner

Re: Stocks... Control... Profit Percentages

Hope this helps. Let us now please get this thread back to its original topic which you yourself started

Learner
    I have few more questions, but you are right about topic of this thread, so I started other thread:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...?threadid=2498