Thread: gxhosting.com ?

I am wondering the same, but more of their services in general. Anyone have any experiences?

------------------
    What is a signature?

DIS Guest

Question

Hi!

I like the hosting plan of http://gxhosting.com and thinking of reselling their services.

Have anybody experience working with them? Please, share it to me!

DIS

Please run a search on their name on these boards. I posted our Better Business Bureau complaint against GXHosting. You might be interested in reading it.

Our site with them has been down for 30 days for no reason. Their prices have also changed dramatically in 60 days.

Best of luck to you,

I've also heard a lot about GXHosting.com - If you search on the tips-tricks.com forum you'll also find a lot of complaints about them.

GX Hosting is run by two children, according to cbsNewYork.com, and there have been numerous complaints about them on several boards.
    Deb Suran
    Musical Instrument Makers Forum - http://www.mimf.com

Two children? How old?
    Matt Kaufman
    mkaufman@techboost.com

16 years old ..

here take a look at this story

http://cbsnewyork.com/main/smbus/story_167144820_html

yep ..
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Adam after we've talked about many very good hosts, why you'd ask this is kinda baffling. Due to your age, you might not be swayed by the fact they are young, but you should think about it. I'm sure these guys are trying, but they just don't seem to be cutting it for many people.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Chicken ..

Belive it or not, but the bulk of their problems started when .. school started again .. these kids are probably trying, and did a good job for a wile, but you got to admit, it's hard to administer a webhosting business (a big one) when you have to study ... and do homework ..

Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

I tried them and was impressed at first. But after a few weeks the problems started to add up and I left. I didn't know it was run by some kids and that wouldn't have mattered had they simply answered my requests for assistance!

In real estate the mantra is "Location, Location, Location".

In webhosting, I think it is "Support, Support, Support"!

John

Although the founders of GXHosting may have made some serious mistakes, I would suggest leaving their ages out of the picture. There are plenty of extremely successful young entrepreneurs, as well as a large number of adults who have failed miserably at business ventures. As a seventeen-year-old in business (and school), this is an issue that concerns me quite a bit. Please do not think that "kids" are incapable of running successful businesses--there are plenty that do, even if the two that started GXHosting are not among them.

To those who have had to suffer through GXHosting's numerous problems, I can sympathize with you completely. I have dealt with a number of poorly-run web hosting companies. However, considering the fact that the worst ones I dealt with were multi-million dollar corporations, it is hard for me to accept the generalization that GXHosting failed because the founders were sixteen years old. It failed because they did not know how to run a business, and for no other reason.

Aaron Greenspan
    Think Computer Corporation

http://www.thinkcomputer.com

Thumbs down

Aaron ..

I can undertand what you are saying .. but how young is too young ? ... at 16 .. how liable are you ? you are not liable for anything.

At 17 I was the head of the Graphics department of the 5th biggest TV station in the world, I was making almost as much mullah as the country's president .. I made some huge mistaques that haunt me until this day (I'm almost 30 now), the problem is that at that age you do things that seem right to you, but trust me .. they are not

Don't get me wrong, these kids probably know more than guys twice their age in the same field, but it all comes down to Management ... and to be a good manager of a fairly size company you need somehting .. ALLOT of experience and common sence

[Edited by CRego3D on 11-05-2000 at 12:59 PM]
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

To Aaron --

Like I said in my post, I don't care if you are an 8 year old prodigy who has to sit on a telephone book to reach the keyboard. Give me what I am paying for and you have a customer for life. I agree with you, age shouldn't matter. I know there are millions of people younger than me who could run circles around me both technolgy wise and otherwise.

BTW--Great website!

John

You could debate the age issue all day, so I won't. It has been discussed before and if you choose to do business with someone who can't legally enter themselves in contracts nor be tried in a court of law as an adult, that is your choice. It isn't something I'd recommend (and this based solely on age and the possible ramifications and limitations that this might lead to).

A 16 year old can tell you how to set up your email client to receive mail just as well as a 30 year old.

• Chicken

Originally posted by Chicken
    You could debate the age issue all day, so I won't. It has been discussed before and if you choose to do business with someone who can't legally enter themselves in contracts nor be tried in a court of law as an adult, that is your choice. It isn't something I'd recommend (and this based solely on age and the possible ramifications and limitations that this might lead to).

A 16 year old can tell you how to set up your email client to receive mail just as well as a 30 year old.
    Chicken,
    I understand about not being able to pursue legal measures against a minor. But is it possible to pursue legal recourse against the parents of the minor if the minor has broken a law or contract? (I don't really expect you to give legal advice)

I think this is a question I am going to research. What ever the age of the people behind a bad host that is breaking their contract and not fulfilling their guarantees,there should be a method of legal action that a customer can take when someone makes false promises and then tries to repeatedly over charge you for it.

thanks!

Carrie,

If a company run by a minor is not incorporated, then the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are liable for any legal aspects. If the company is incorporated, then like any other business, the corporation itself is liable. (In order to incorporate, the statutory agent must be at least eighteen years old, so there is an adult behind it either way.)

Hope this helps.

Aaron Greenspan

Smile

Originally posted by thinkcomp
    Carrie,

If a company run by a minor is not incorporated, then the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are liable for any legal aspects. If the company is incorporated, then like any other business, the corporation itself is liable. (In order to incorporate, the statutory agent must be at least eighteen years old, so there is an adult behind it either way.)

Aaron Greenspan

Thanks Aaron,
    This is extremely helpful information!

Their mailing address is listed as:

GX Hosting, LLC
    57 West Canadian Woods Rd.
    Manalapan, NJ 07726 USA

There is an adult behind it somewhere.

• Chicken

If a company run by a minor is not incorporated, then the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are liable for any legal aspects.
    I do not believe this is always true, but that the laws regarding parental liability vary from state to state.
    Deb Suran
    Musical Instrument Makers Forum - http://www.mimf.com

Also .. can you incorporate a company beeing a minor ??

Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Yes, minors can incorporate companies just as anyone else can. The statutory agent, however, must be at least eighteen years old. Case in point: Think Computer is incorporated in the State of Ohio as a subclass S corporation, and Think Computer Foundation is incorporated as a non-profit organization. I am not yet eighteen.

Aaron Greenspan