Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is there better host with same price of clubuptime

I like clubuptime price, but I am facing downtime and it second time my websites are down.

Is there any better host with same specs and price.

I am paying around $60 for 6 gb ram, 150 Gb drive.

guys need help, I am pretty much frustrated its almost 30 mins all my websites are down, looking for an affordable web hosting with solid network

Did you make a support ticket on clubuptime yet?

Maybe you should.
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Can u elaborate a bit on your needs? Do you need managed or unmanaged? Vps or dedicated server?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    Did you make a support ticket on clubuptime yet?

Maybe you should.
    yes tickets as well they have update on their wordpress blog.

I need 4 to 6 gb ram
    good processing

hw raid, raid 1 or better

solid network with good uptime and performance.

What hardware exactly do you need so we can help you making the right choice?

Also where do you want your dedicated server, USA / Europe? Any specific place?
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    What hardware exactly do you need so we can help you making the right choice?

Also where do you want your dedicated server, USA / Europe? Any specific place?
    need server in US, hw already mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by sysguru View Post
    I like clubuptime price, but I am facing downtime and it second time my websites are down.

guys need help, I am pretty much frustrated its almost 30 mins all my websites are down, looking for an affordable web hosting with solid network
    One of our nodes was rebooted this afternoon. WHT is not our support desk. Please check our updates blog for information on any reboots, outages or maintenance.
    Andrew C.
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by TrySparta View Post
    One of our nodes was rebooted this afternoon. WHT is not our support desk. Please check our updates blog for information on any reboots, outages or maintenance.
    No offense, but how is he using WHT as a helpdesk? He's only asking for alternatives to a host, hes not trying to ask for assistance from your team.

Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    No offense, but how is he using WHT as a helpdesk? He's only asking for alternatives to a host, hes not trying to ask for assistance from your team.
    I said that because he asked why his server was down for 30 minutes. He would've found the reason why much more quickly from our helpdesk.
    Andrew C.
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by TrySparta View Post
    I said that because he asked why his server was down for 30 minutes. He would've found the reason why much more quickly from our helpdesk.
    Couldn't agree more. Our overall uptime rating is above that of 99.99% across out network. You're simply not going to find that with many/any other hosts in our price range.

Good luck, however
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

That's actually quite a bit of ram and diskspace for one website. Are you sure you even need that much?

Also, they are either overselling or using some beat-up outdated hardware to give you that much ram/space for that price (might be the reason you are experiencing so many problems). Thats just speculation on my part of course.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    That's actually quite a bit of ram and diskspace for one website. Are you sure you even need that much?

Also, they are either overselling or using some beat-up outdated hardware to give you that much ram/space for that price (might be the reason you are experiencing so many problems). Thats just speculation on my part of course.
    I'm sorry, but Dual Xeon 5620 servers with 48GB Ram and Quad drives in Raid 10 is NOT "old beat up hardware".

We utilize Softlayer as our provider, and we only select the best hardware for our clients.

His "outage" was a server reboot to update the kernel, nothing more, nothing less.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
    I'm sorry, but Dual Xeon 5620 servers with 48GB Ram and Quad drives in Raid 10 is NOT "old beat up hardware".

We utilize Softlayer as our provider, and we only select the best hardware for our clients.

His "outage" was a server reboot to update the kernel, nothing more, nothing less.
    I couldn't agree less. Your vps packages are comparable to other known providers that I know of.

Hmm.. that's interesting. I'm curious to know how you manage to make any money offering those types of specs at that price with that type of hardware? I mean at the very minimum if you are leasing that server from soft-layer its going to run you a minimum of 1k per month. If you are not overselling then the max amount of VPS clients you could put on one machine (for level 4 is 8?). Which only equals about $400.00 per month in revenue? Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by Forward Web; 03-18-2011 at 10:49 PM.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Hmm.. that's interesting. I'm curious to know how you manage to make any money offering those types of specs at that price with that type of hardware? I mean at the very minimum if you are leasing that server from soft-layer its going to run you a minimum of 1k per month. If you are not overselling then the max amount of VPS clients you could put on one machine (for level 4 is 8?). Which only equals about $400.00 per month in revenue? Am I missing something here?
    That hardware costs us significantly less than $1000/month at Softlayer

That hardware costs us significantly less than $1000/month at Softlayer
    Really? How many servers do you have with them? are you leasing or co-locating?

Really? How many servers do you have with them? are you leasing or co-locating?
    Sign an NDA and we'll talk internal details about our company.

We lease, we don't do co-location. We're strictly Softlayer: We don't deal with the old The Planet side of things at all, nor have we ever.

We're in the midst of starting up a competitor to a very, very large Softlayer reseller with all pricing approval on our account coming straight from Lance himself. Past that, I legally can't say much more unless you're an employee under NDA due to our contractual agreements with Softlayer.

Sign an NDA and we'll talk internal details about our company.

We lease, we don't do co-location. We're strictly Softlayer: We don't deal with the old The Planet side of things at all, nor have we ever.

We're in the midst of starting up a competitor to a very, very large Softlayer reseller with all pricing approval on our account coming straight from Lance himself. Past that, I legally can't say much more unless you're an employee under NDA due to our contractual agreements with Softlayer.
    I find that somewhat hard to believe considering HG (who is softlayers#1 client), doesn't even get that kind of discounting on that type of hardware. Either way, I'll just go ahead and leave it at that

PS. I also have servers with softlayer, so I am very familiar with their pricing structure and how they operate.

I find that somewhat hard to believe considering HG (who is softlayers#1 client), doesn't even get that kind of discounting on that type of hardware. Either way, I'll just go ahead and leave it at that

PS. I also have servers with softlayer, so I am very familiar with their pricing structure and how they operate.
    Believe what you wish; Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Whether you believe it or not doesn't make it any less true. Good luck.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Don't say that if you've never used them.

Because I've been with them for a small time and its all went good from speed-support.

please please guys don't post like such a things you never have tried.

I am still with them and I ll monitor the performance for few days or a month before leaving, I have no issue to raise little budget but downtime is totally unacceptable for me. I am very happy with their price, and hope they ll perform good for long term customer relationship.

Wish me luck guys )

Did they let you know they would be rebooting the node you are in? Just asking as I too wouldn't be happy at all if I find my vps being down due to a system upgrade.. unless there was an scheduled maintenance reboot notice of course, so that way i'm prepared and can make plans like letting my clients know and be ready for it as well.
    Last edited by dzv3; 03-20-2011 at 07:57 AM.

great prices are hard to find make sure you get a good host or your savings your be your demise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast