What payment processor are you Canadians using?

Good day eh hosers.

I can't find any company allowing me to sign up for authorize.net since my business is in Canada.

I heard good things about Psigate and their starter package looks good for only $30 per month fee.

Are there any other companies which allow seamless integration (ie. I don't want clients to be redirected to another site to pay)?

Thanks.

I'd suggest you get in touch with Optimal Payments, we've been using them since 2003 and they're based in Montreal... www.optimalpayments.ca is their Canadian web site. They offer API solutions and the monthly fee is similar to what you mention.

Thanks Jalami. What billing system are you using? I am using WHMAP, so I would have to check if there is a module for Optimal Payments.

PSiGate is whom I've been considering as of late.
    The BMO also offers an excellent merchant service but it'd require some custom code to function with most of the panels out there.

I've all but abandoned 2checkout, too many silly restrictions and requirements that make doing business through them a hassle.
    Hopefully PSiGate will be less painful.

Hi David, I was considering PSiGate as well. Which billing system do you have?

Starsky,

I'm currently using WHMCS & it does in fact support PSiGate.
    PSiGate is one of the more popular ones so you'll find it in just about every panel.

Thanks for the info. There is also a company called Moneris (eselectplus), which I believe is an affiliate of RBC. They are probably a larger company than PSiGate, however I think only ModernBill has a payment gateway for them.

So with PSiGate, do they deposit money to your account right away or is there a waiting period?

Any other alternatives which dont ask for setup fees? Psigate is quite expensive on the transaction %
    ||| HostEcon.com - Professional Off-Shore Hosting Provider
    ||| Shared || Reseller || Semi-Dedicated || Dedicated Services
    ||| We offer highly anonymous off-shore domain names

When we were looking for a merchant account, we actually found a bank that was willing to provide us with a US based, US funds merchant account. It was setup so that it would deposit to my RBC US business account here in Canada.

Even though I'm in Canada, I was able to attach the merchant account with Authorize.net. Have you tried Chase Paymentech? We didn't pick them, but they seemed to have almost what we needed.
    Kevhosting.com -
    High quality hosting, resellers and VPS packages.

ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Internet Secure looks pretty good with it accepting 4 major credit cards and Interac online. PSiGate only gives you Visa and MC to start.

Anyone know if it works ok with WHMCS?

Is PayPal not a popular option? I did once really like PayPal, however, I've changed my views ALOT.

Moneris - Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
    Thanks for the info. There is also a company called Moneris (eselectplus), which I believe is an affiliate of RBC. They are probably a larger company than PSiGate, however I think only ModernBill has a payment gateway for them.

So with PSiGate, do they deposit money to your account right away or is there a waiting period?
    I've been with Moneris for about 10-12 years ... but I'm not considered an online business (real world brick & mortar) and they added per transaction fees about 1-2 years ago: discount rate + per transaction fee + monthly access fee = megabucks. We also use IVR.

Payments take up to 3 business days to be deposited ... AmEx used to be 8 business days and recently reduced it to 3 business days.

At this point, it's almost not worth being a brick & mortar business since they take so much from us and we still have to manually process the payments.

We recently received a package in the mail from Global Payments Canada who offer very reasonable rates and a low per transaction fee (9 cents vs 15-30 cents) ... but their letterhead is quite cheezy ... they don't use real letterhead and merely print it through a laser/inkjet printer ... which, to me, looks bad.

I suspect most banks up here in the Great White North have payment gateways ... I remember looking at AmEx a few years ago where it was something like $50/mo ... and discount rate was floating, i.e. it depended on monthly transactions (dollar amount specifically, not quantity I think).

Good luck!