Hosting recommendations - do I need a VPS

I currently have a "Windows MultiSite" hosting account with Verio. I have one site up and running for 3 months. Recently I noticed that when my users fill out the forms and submit them, too often I get errors and the forms never get emailed back to my office. I should of noticed this sooner because I've always had problems connecting to my POP email accounts through Outlook. The outlook error has to do with not being able to connect to SMTP; this is the same error I get on the website when users attempt to send the form. Verio claims that the error is due to too many spam emails hitting their servers. Many forms error out, usually they timeout trying to connect, and the email never gets sent.

I have a 30 minute commitment to return a quote to those that submit the forms on my site. I need reliable email.

On a VPS will I have the same problems I'm having with my shared hosting account in regard to email, or is it independent of the other sites? Keep in mind that it's not my email accounts that are being overwhelmed with junk email.

Do the control panels offered create zone files and MX(sp) records? Will I need to learn a lot of networking?

I use very little bandwidth and disk space. Within 4 months I'll have to host about 10 sites. I'm looking for recommendations for a windows based VPS.

You might want to have a look at DEHE for Windows-based VPS'. However, I *highly* doubt that you need a VPS for what you are trying to do - just a stable, high quality shared hosting account should do the trick.

Hope this helps....
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by vagel
    I currently have a "Windows MultiSite" hosting account with Verio. I have one site up and running for 3 months. Recently I noticed that when my users fill out the forms and submit them, too often I get errors and the forms never get emailed back to my office. I should of noticed this sooner because I've always had problems connecting to my POP email accounts through Outlook. The outlook error has to do with not being able to connect to SMTP; this is the same error I get on the website when users attempt to send the form. Verio claims that the error is due to too many spam emails hitting their servers. Many forms error out, usually they timeout trying to connect, and the email never gets sent.

I have a 30 minute commitment to return a quote to those that submit the forms on my site. I need reliable email.

On a VPS will I have the same problems I'm having with my shared hosting account in regard to email, or is it independent of the other sites? Keep in mind that it's not my email accounts that are being overwhelmed with junk email.

Do the control panels offered create zone files and MX(sp) records? Will I need to learn a lot of networking?

I use very little bandwidth and disk space. Within 4 months I'll have to host about 10 sites. I'm looking for recommendations for a windows based VPS.
    I'm not sure on why you need a VPS, a shared host seems to meet and even exceed all of your needs. Make sure you find a shared host with a reliable e-mail server and a control panel that offers editing of MX records (most do such as HELM). Running your own VPS means you need to lock down your own server, configure e-mail appropriately, configure the web server, etc. There's really a lot of hassle to it and may not be worth it for you.

No need for VPS. Just look for a reliable host as mentioned by the previous posts.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows