Server security?

Hi all,

I like to know the best solution for the below issues:

1. Server security?
    2. Server monitoring tools?
    3. Anti - Virus software?
    4. Anti- Spam software?
    5. Best network connection to the server?
    6. Best tools for stop hacking?
    7. Overall what are the best things we need to do to run a smooth and secure server?

Looking forward for lot of opinions, which help everyone reading this!
    Jack
    Sales Manager
    Cheap web hosting

Depends on the operating system.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

errr how long is a piece of string really.............IMHO linux based server security is the way to go.

"7. Overall what are the best things we need to do to run a smooth and secure server?"
    .......if you are overhauling/implementing your entire network security I think the best answer may be......a consultant
    Craig Newton
    www.ukcolocation.org
    craig@ukcolocation.org

Without the operating system, it is difficult to give any suggestions as Steve has stated.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

also, are you looking at the Appliance options, or software based solutions?
    Craig Newton
    www.ukcolocation.org
    craig@ukcolocation.org

If you have not secured a server before, at least hire a professional a few times before doing it yourself.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

I am looking for Windows server, I am not asking for my servers as it is handled by highly qualified technicians, I like to know myself for knowledge wise and I like to check myself whether I have good idea of those issues comparing with others.
    Jack
    Sales Manager
    Cheap web hosting

Keep kernels updated, grsecurity, mod_security, APF filtering outbound and inbound traffic, harden /tmp mount noexec, do the same with and /dev/shm and listen to TLG, he knows his stuff
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

I am looking for Windows server
    Keep kernels updated, grsecurity, mod_security, APF filtering outbound and inbound traffic, harden /tmp mount noexec, do the same with and /dev/shm and listen to TLG, he knows his stuff
    As the OP has mentioned he is specifically looking for suggestions on the Windows/Microsoft platform not unix.

-Justin

2. siteuptime.com

What is your current network security setup? What are we securing?

Some background would certainly be useful.
    Craig Newton
    www.ukcolocation.org
    craig@ukcolocation.org

Well, if you are using Redhat Linux, cPanel has some nice tools for Spam Resistance, and Email... Not quite sure about the anit-hacking though...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BSIndia
    [B]I am looking for Windows server

Craig Newton
    www.ukcolocation.org
    craig@ukcolocation.org

Originally posted by IncognitoNetworks