Question Is this right thing to do ?

Hi,
    im not sure if it's right section and if it's even right to paste someone's PM's but...

after i posted that i looking for php programmer a folk named Adam PM me with following content

-------------- cut ----------------
    Below comments are for your eyes only:

Justin is supposedly doing some work for me as part of a larger-sized project.
    However after sending him a deposit by Western Union, I've seen absolutely no
    progress - just excuses which range from 'a fist fight' to 'I was kidnapped'.
    And when I do speak with him, I get all the assurances I could possibly ask
    for. Seems like a nice enough guy, so it may just be us. But proceed with
    choosing his services at your own risk.

Adam
    << email removed >>
    -------------- cut --------------

then

We're using Justin to build us a DNS modifier and I'm looking forward to eeing
    his work. So ignore my earlier comments - but make sure to avoid a fellow
    named Andrew West.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Adam

so i replied him:
    "well, other hand it may be just your revenge to make hard for selected peoples find a job. you know..."

and he said

"Who do you think you are? And how do you think that's somehow funny? I am insulted by your insinuation so, do whatever you want. Just don't go polluting the WHT community with your whining that you were scammed."

i personally think it's just not right, imagine if he pm to each person that want to hire someone "dont hire X.Y. - he's cheater"
    sure it may be his good will to warn peoples against cheaters but what if some folk (that did nothing bad except he's in 'war' with Adam) that looks for job wont get any because of such PM's ?

i decided to post it because few years ago i looked for job as well on WHT and i found, maybe because noone was sending PM's "dont hire asmo".

Cheers to all!
    Last edited by the_pm; 08-04-2008 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asmo View Post
    Hi,
    im not sure if it's right section and if it's even right to paste someone's PM's but...

after i posted that i looking for php programmer a folk named Adam PM me with following content

-------------- cut ----------------
    Below comments are for your eyes only:

Justin is supposedly doing some work for me as part of a larger-sized project.
    However after sending him a deposit by Western Union, I've seen absolutely no
    progress - just excuses which range from 'a fist fight' to 'I was kidnapped'.
    And when I do speak with him, I get all the assurances I could possibly ask
    for. Seems like a nice enough guy, so it may just be us. But proceed with
    choosing his services at your own risk.

Adam
    << email removed >>

then

We're using Justin to build us a DNS modifier and I'm looking forward to eeing
    his work. So ignore my earlier comments - but make sure to avoid a fellow
    named Andrew West.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Adam

so i replied him:
    "well, other hand it may be just your revenge to make hard for selected peoples find a job. you know..."

and he said

"Who do you think you are? And how do you think that's somehow funny? I am insulted by your insinuation so, do whatever you want. Just don't go polluting the WHT community with your whining that you were scammed."

i personally think it's just not right, imagine if he pm to each person that want to hire someone "dont hire X.Y. - he's cheater"
    sure it may be his good will to warn peoples against cheaters but what if some folk (that did nothing bad except he's in 'war' with Adam) that looks for job wont get any because of such PM's ?

i decided to post it because few years ago i looked for job as well on WHT and i found, maybe because noone was sending PM's "dont hire asmo".

Cheers to all!
    If someone has this sort of problem with another WHT member, it should be discussed publicly where anyone can review the information and draw their own conclusions. I have no problem with good information being shared, but the appropriate place to do it is in public, where the other party has the opportunity to respond and defend their position.
    Last edited by the_pm; 08-04-2008 at 09:40 AM.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

This was just an attempt to give another employer a heads up about previous experiences we had with someone. I am not a proponent of dragging people's names through the mud in public because A) we all make mistakes and because B) it could be that we just had some bad luck.

Funny though, asmo left out his reply:
    "buzz off, biatch?
    no need your 'warns'."

And I don't appreciate asmo exposing my personal email into a public forum, dragging those names out into public and conveniently forgetting to include his ghetto replies and all the stupid smilies he embedded into his messages. He thought his insinuation was somehow funny. It was not only unprofessional IMHO but poor judgement as well, particularly when I said I was sharing information 'for his eyes only'. Guess he's a little hard of hearing or doesn't care.

Personal issues are to be kept private - not aired out in public. People who do are simply looking for drama - nothing more. Lesson learned for me I guess.
    Last edited by thecloudguy; 08-02-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Adam - AQORN
    Official OpenStack Foundation Member, Corporate Sponsor and AI Research Team
    Our Clients: Facebook | Red Hat | Starbucks | AT&T | HPE | NVIDIA | CrowdStrike | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
    If someone has this sort of problem with another WHT member, it should be discussed publicly where anyone can review the information and draw their own conclusions. I have no problem with good information being shared, but the appropriate place to do it is in public, where the other party has the opportunity to respond and defend their position.
    Issues I have or not have re someone else are no one's business outside the ones I share my thoughts with. The OP strikes me as a low-post troll trying to stir the pot with a little drama. WHT is better than this.
    Last edited by thecloudguy; 08-02-2008 at 06:14 PM.
    Adam - AQORN
    Official OpenStack Foundation Member, Corporate Sponsor and AI Research Team
    Our Clients: Facebook | Red Hat | Starbucks | AT&T | HPE | NVIDIA | CrowdStrike | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu

Ok first of all what is your name?

and maybe he has just got the wrong person because its quite obvious you dont know why and whats going on and why they would be sending it to you do you?

Thanks wb Gem

'I was kidnapped' is a hilarious excuse. premium material.

"buzz off, biatch?" is another gem.

I should try that with my clients one of these days and see how far it gets me.

"Where were you this weekend?!"
    "Oh man..you won't believe what I went through. I was kidnapped and brought to some secret underground facility where they wanted me to build a bomb. Luckily, I built this big *** suit instead and broke out."
    ".....didn't that happen in Ironman?"
    "Uhhhh...no..."
    *runs*

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStrike View Post
    I should try that with my clients one of these days and see how far it gets me.

"Where were you this weekend?!"
    "Oh man..you won't believe what I went through. I was kidnapped and brought to some secret underground facility where they wanted me to build a bomb. Luckily, I built this big *** suit instead and broke out."
    ".....didn't that happen in Ironman?"
    "Uhhhh...no..."
    *runs*

you ended it wrong. it should end with "i AM the iron man"