AW Stats automatic updating

Was not sure where exactly to put this, but it is software used in the hosting industry. Anyways, I need help setting up a cron to run every night and automatically update my stats.

The documentaion for the tool awstats_updateall.pl is rediculous at best.

I see there are some options within the script for the following:
    =============================
    my $DIRCONFIG = "/etc/awstats";

my $Debug=0;

my $Awstats='awstats.pl';

my $AwstatsDir='';
    my $AwstatsProg='';
    ===========================

What the heck difference is there between '$DIRCONFIG' and '$AwstatsDir'? Same question goes for '$Awstats' and '$AwstatsProg'.

Secondly, my hosting company does not allow you to run cron jobs with options, for example awstats_updateall.pl - update. So, I would need to create a secondary script that calls the awstats_updateall.pl with the proper options and run that newly created script as a cron.

I am not a programmer by trade, would anyone be so kind as to write the simple script to do so? I would be ever so grateful!

with high traffic set it to run every 10 minutes or so,

dir/awstats.pl -config=(yourconffile).conf -update
    AfterNorth Innovative solutions for tomorrow, today.
    0spam.org AntiSpam for Service Providers
    DotNetInvoice Online Billing Solutions
    Professional Services Since 1996

Thanks for the reply. My host only updates it's longs once a day unfortunately. So, I can only see last days stats.

If I were to create a seperate PERL script to call that, what would it look like?

You should be able to just add a task, that repeats once a day. Have it run that simple command and that is it. What cp do you use?

We use a custom made control panel (I work for the hosting company, Its actually better than any control panel I have ever used).However, one down side is that you cannot run a cron with a command attached to the end, You can only run a script. So, in order to run a script with a command line, you need to write a seperate script that calls the script you want to run with the proper command line within the script... does that make sense?
    Last edited by shaxs; 06-18-2005 at 08:50 PM.

yes, you should have a look around for a scripter thats looking for work should be an easy job. I assume 20-30 minutes max.