Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Server Admin Wanted for Linux/Apache/MySQL box

Mine is a classic story:

My 'server guy' set up my web server a couple of years ago with promises as to his unfailing reliability and 24/7 availability.

However, now that my server is getting hammered by devious individuals bent on using my server as their own personal spam-production machine, he is too busy to give me the time of day.

Almost every day, my monitoring center emails me to let me know that my server is drowning under a sudden torent of activity only to email me again five minutes later to say that everything is ok again.

Recently, I've been getting some rather nasty emails from them complaining that phishing messages are originating from my server only for them to forgive me and forget everything a couple of days later, when I can only assume, the traffic has died down again. This cycle repeats with disturbing frequency and I've run out of lies to tell them regarding the diligence and urgency with which my 'server guy' is dealing with the issue.

I need a new 'server guy'. Please help.

Feel free to contact sales@rack911.com. I am sure we can work something out.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

We will be happy to manage your servers for you. Please contact us (send an email to sales@techbrein.com or via our website http://www.TechBrein.com) for details. Thanks!
    || Techbrace :: 24 x 7 Outsourced Web Hosting Support since 2006
    || For Hosting Companies & Data Centres :: Helpdesk / Chat / Phone / Social Media :: cPanel / Plesk / DirectAdmin
    || Dedicated / VPS / Cloud Server Management :: Server Support On Demand :: Fully Managed Servers

I can assist, please email sales@firmbit.com

I can help you out. Th fee costs $29/mo. You can order at http://TheServerDoctor.com. I can start on this today and fix the issue today for you.

I can help you with your servers. Contact sales@marques.cx and we can talk. I'll send you my LinkedIn profile and references, if requested.

Is there any instant messenger for you to discuss more about this?
    Seems you don't have enough posts to send a PM too.
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Still in search?

Quote Originally Posted by kristingreen View Post
    Mine is a classic story:

My 'server guy' set up my web server a couple of years ago with promises as to his unfailing reliability and 24/7 availability.

However, now that my server is getting hammered by devious individuals bent on using my server as their own personal spam-production machine, he is too busy to give me the time of day.

Almost every day, my monitoring center emails me to let me know that my server is drowning under a sudden torent of activity only to email me again five minutes later to say that everything is ok again.

Recently, I've been getting some rather nasty emails from them complaining that phishing messages are originating from my server only for them to forgive me and forget everything a couple of days later, when I can only assume, the traffic has died down again. This cycle repeats with disturbing frequency and I've run out of lies to tell them regarding the diligence and urgency with which my 'server guy' is dealing with the issue.

I need a new 'server guy'. Please help.
    We will be happy to manage your servers for you. Please contact us through email at support@hostechsupport.com or via our website http://www.hostechsupport.com for details. Thanks!

Hi,

I can help you,please PM me..

Hi Kristin,

Are you using Exim for email on the server? If so, I'd be happy to reconfigure that for you at no charge. If you are happy with it, we can discuss terms for ongoing service. You can email me at c.ciufo@invisiontech.net

Thank You!

Thank you all for your quick responses! I'm actually a little overwhelmed by the quantity and quality of the replies.

I really do need a new server guy and I will be contacting each one of you in turn.

Ultimately, I really should be learning more about my server so that I can do some of this myself but I'm not sure that I really have time for that.

Thanks again.

Kristin

Please email me at serverwiz@gmail.com and I can assist you for a cheap price.

You can email me at insidefremont@hotmail.com or add to messenger. I just helped another WHT user (last night) and he was more than impressed. Got lots of client's you can talk to and look for a long term or short term relationship with. I'm sure I can show / teach you everything I do and explain it , so you don't have to be like "I have no idea why he did this or how he did it". I do admit though it takes nearly 24 hours to do this since I prepare small flash videos explaining how to do things and run scans,etc - letting you learn at the same time. Anyhow if interested just email (and a phone number OR messenger id would do a deal of good)

Regards

Good luck Kristin.

My recommendations:

Rack911 is very good.
    Techbrein is very good.

Firmbit has a good reputation but I have never used them.

If you want to learn how to secure your server, I suggest first get an admin to get you caught up and ask them what they did. There are some tutorials on this board that may help you get started but what you are describing requires an actual qualified admin to clean up.

For low costs you can email me at mrzodiac@modulahost.com for a quote.
    ModulaOne Network - Premium, Reliable, & Affordable
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee. 15 Day Money-Back Guarantee.
    cPanel/ WHM | Nginx + Varnish | CloudFlare | Softaculous

Systems guy

If you are still looking for the right resource to assist you with your Linux needs, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Nick Wilkens
    nick.wilkens@mnxsolutions.com
    MNX.io - 100% SSD Cloud Hosting, and Linux server management.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRaul View Post
    Good luck Kristin.

My recommendations:

Rack911 is very good.
    Techbrein is very good.

Firmbit has a good reputation but I have never used them.

If you want to learn how to secure your server, I suggest first get an admin to get you caught up and ask them what they did. There are some tutorials on this board that may help you get started but what you are describing requires an actual qualified admin to clean up.
    I contacted Firmbit first. It's really hard to pick one as everyone sounded great. After they 'hardened' my server, things stopped working. While the phishing complaints seemed to stop, I still get hourly warnings from my monitoring/hosting company that my system is in a CRITICAL state. After that, it seemed like it was one thing after another. Yesterday, I realized that all the php contact forms on my server were not working. They initially blamed my hosting provider for blocking ports!? In their attempts to fix that problem (which I believe was caused by their initial efforts to secure my server), they caused all email to stop working! I also asked them to upgrade the awstats program for me and they gave up after a week of failed attempts to do so. I dealt with a guy named, Chad. He's a nice guy and he certainly did try hard but would constantly stall the process by waiting for me to respond to something. For example, he would try something to fix the problem and then ask me to test it... even though I had given him the means to test it himself. (ie: "go to the stats page and look at the version number") This inability to be proactive resulted in things taking a lot longer than they should have.

I contacted Rack911 this morning. They responded to my initial request within 15mins. An hour later I gave them the root password and an hour after that, the email problems are fixed.

Thank you! :-)

Unhappy The saga continues...

I was so happy with Rack911. I dealt with a fellow by the name of Steven and he was great! Fixed problems right away and was very knowledgeable. He found things that firmBIT had done wrong and even exposed evidence that they had put code on my server that would allow them to login again even if I changed the root password. Scary!

But now, he doesn't seem to be responding to any of my emails. I've paid him for his services rendered and I've told him that I'd like to pay for more but he doesn't seem to be around. Does anyone know if Rack911 still exists?

Looks like I'm back in the market for a new IT guy.

Please contact me with references if you're interested in helping me. After two failed attempts, I'm really cautious now and I'd like to get some more background info before I give out my root password again.

Help available

Please feel free to contact us. We are available, and will provide references.

You can reach me at:

888-877-7118
    nick.wilkens@mnxsolutions.com
    http://www.mnxsolutions.com
    MNX.io - 100% SSD Cloud Hosting, and Linux server management.

Hello,

I could help you, try IM on the fallowing instant messengers :
    Yahoo: ssh_bash_history
    AIM: olteanuemanuel
    msn : olteanu.emi@gmail.com

Best Regards

Hello,

We'll be happy to provide the server management service for you. Please send us an email at sales@techbrein.com if you are interested. Thanks!
    || Techbrace :: 24 x 7 Outsourced Web Hosting Support since 2006
    || For Hosting Companies & Data Centres :: Helpdesk / Chat / Phone / Social Media :: cPanel / Plesk / DirectAdmin
    || Dedicated / VPS / Cloud Server Management :: Server Support On Demand :: Fully Managed Servers

We can help you with server management .For more details please check http://Bobcares.com

We are expert ( ref: http://bobcares.com/page-35-30.html ) in Linux and
    Windows OS , with control panels like Cpanel,Plesk,
    Hsphere,Ensim,Directadmin, Helm,WebMin etc. We have 300 engineers working
    round the clock (24/7/365) to help our customers.

If an Indian Company is ok then drop in an email to sales@bobcares.com or
    Contact us through the link http://bobcares.com/page-27-49.html
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

I will echo the recommendation for rack911. In the past, I have been occasionally critical of Steven. But I have to tell you - I have had a few server issues for a few days, and have had no luck in getting anyone to solve the issues. I PMed Steven 3 hours ago. One hour ago he replied, we spoke on the phone briefly, then on MSN. All issues resolved. Amazing. He really does know his stuff.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I agree. Steven was great. So, why would he just blow me off like that? I see him posting on this board but he won't respond to my emails. It's not like I'm a deadbeat customer who doesn't pay his bills. I offered to pay him more!

Good to know. Ethics is a rare thing this days. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kristingreen View Post
    I was so happy with Rack911. I dealt with a fellow by the name of Steven and he was great! Fixed problems right away and was very knowledgeable. He found things that firmBIT had done wrong and even exposed evidence that they had put code on my server that would allow them to login again even if I changed the root password. Scary!

But now, he doesn't seem to be responding to any of my emails. I've paid him for his services rendered and I've told him that I'd like to pay for more but he doesn't seem to be around. Does anyone know if Rack911 still exists?

Looks like I'm back in the market for a new IT guy.

Please contact me with references if you're interested in helping me. After two failed attempts, I'm really cautious now and I'd like to get some more background info before I give out my root password again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast