Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Established Website For Sale (With Revenue)

I have decided to sell one of my company's active web assets:

http://www.countercode.com

It's currently on EBAY:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3309470700

As stated in the auction, this website is currently generating revenue of approximately USD $650 per month. We have not carried out any PAID advertising, although we are listed in several public directories. Please see the auction for more details, or PM/EMAIL me.
    Last edited by CD Burnt; 05-31-2011 at 11:21 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Do you get the design and the whole site with the domain?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, it includes EVERYTHING.
      0 Not allowed!

If i purchase this, i get all existing customers?
      0 Not allowed!

lucas is a nice guy to do business with.
    Sincerely,
    - StarGhost
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by pattox
    If i purchase this, i get all existing customers?

Yes. The auction includes everything...

Cheers
    Lucas
    Last edited by lucasg; 01-31-2003 at 06:22 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Ill just wait till the final ebay bid and ill bid $10 Over!
      0 Not allowed!

I have added a FAQ which I will update throughout the auction.
    It includes screenshots, etc.

http://www.countercode.com/FAQ.htm

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

Ill just wait till the final ebay bid and ill bid $10 Over!

Good plan, except I'm not allowing such tactics for this auction. I'm about to "add to the description" a disclaimer which will allow me to end the auction early if I feel that the price is right. Potentially, any last minute bidders may miss out. Of course, if you're prepared to take the risk then I'm not going to stop anybody from bidding in the final minutes.

The reason I'm doing this is because I hate seeing people miss out on winning auctions because of "sneaky snipers".

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

i wasnt going to wait till the final 20 minutes but i will wait till the last day perhaps?
      0 Not allowed!

i wasnt going to wait till the final 20 minutes but i will wait till the last day perhaps?
    That's fine

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

The reserve has just been met... (damn that was fast!)

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

why are you selling?
    andrew@localhoster.com.au
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by LocalHoster
    why are you selling?
    (extracted from FAQ )

"After 3 years of developing websites non stop I've decided that
    it's time to take a break. Consequently, I've decided to sell most
    of my web assets. "

Funnily enough, one of my friends asked me a similar question,
    only it was - "Why are you selling it!?".

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

Mabey you can help with my curiosity. How does a site with a total of 280 visitors the last time I looked pull in $600 a month?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by WannaBaHost
    Mabey you can help with my curiosity. How does a site with a total of 280 visitors the last time I looked pull in $600 a month?
    The stats on the site are served from OUR script (specifically, the countercode script). The server is also used for development, so if you take a close look you'll see that the stats have been reset recently during one of our testing phases.

http://www.countercode.com/demo/stats.php?i=61

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

And for the skeptics...

I set the reserve at $1500, however that is NOT the amount that I'm willing to sell the site for... I just don't like setting the reserves too high. If the bidding doesn't reach my "comfort zone" I intend on pulling the auction.

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

I have updated the FAQ

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by lucasg
    And for the skeptics...

I set the reserve at $1500, however that is NOT the amount that I'm willing to sell the site for... I just don't like setting the reserves too high. If the bidding doesn't reach my "comfort zone" I intend on pulling the auction.

Cheers
    Lucas
    You do understand that once a reserve price has been met you are obligated to sell the product at what ever the end price is, right?

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by WII-Aaron

You do understand that once a reserve price has been met you are obligated to sell the product at what ever the end price is, right?

Aaron

True. However, I'm sure that you have seen auctions "pulled off"
    ebay before...(prior to the auction ending).

Anyway, there are enough interested (and active) parties involved
    in this auction to ensure that a fair & reasonable price is reached.
    I was only trying to reason with the skeptics out there

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

Ok it has just come to my attention that the auction is up to $2025. I prepared to sell the site for this price (or whatever price it reaches) so consider my previous statement void.

Cheers
    Lucas
      0 Not allowed!

your pretty lucky since you only say you made 550+ for each month starting the middle of december. Your site is pretty new. How do you know by tommorow people will stop coming and buying the script. Are you sure you're not advertising it at all and its just raining $$?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by vibesolutions
    your pretty lucky since you only say you made 550+ for each month starting the middle of december. Your site is pretty new. How do you know by tommorow people will stop coming and buying the script. Are you sure you're not advertising it at all and its just raining $$?
    I'm positive - the only sources of traffic are the script directories (which provide free link listings), dmoz, and search engines.

The fact that the site has only been in operation for 2 months is a SELLING POINT, as it means that the market it still fresh and the product is still sellable.

Here's a question that I was asked:

How many of these licenses do you feel the site can sell before saturating the marketplace?

We can't forsee there ever being a saturated marketplace. Although there are only a number of "free web stats" services that the internet can accommodate, we've found that most of our clients aren't using the script for this purpose. Instead, they're implementing the script into their already existing web communities (such as a gaming counter, a religious counter, etc.).
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by vibesolutions
    I think this is unfair to say. This can be said with any site. I think it's going pretty cheap, given that their is custom stats software included. The software looks pretty complex, it's not easy to code your own software. I think that at $2000 it would be easy to make the money back in a few months. That is a rediculous 40 licences. Many companies sell way more than that. Just for reference, vbulletin has sold over 15,000 to 20,000 licences I believe. I know this site isn't anywhere in the same class as vbulletin, but just as their is demand for people starting their own forum system, there is sure to be demand for this. I mean, think of how many webmasters there are around the world...

just my two cents.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the input StarGhost.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast