Need a web host - Some Payment Issues

Hi,

I had posted few days back that I am looking for web host + domain and I did got lot's of replies. But when I tried to get a domain from godaddy or tried to register to web hosts through paypal, I was not able to pay to any of them because I am not credit card certified. Can some webhost help me personally here...

I am willing to pay USD $41 to your paypal account(paypal will deduct around USD $2,so you will get USD $39 into your account) for buying me two domains of my choice + webhosting space of 100-150 MB and around 5-7GB bandwidth. Couple of emails will be fine.

I am looking for long term hosting and will surely look to add more space/bandwidth/domain later. I need reliable host and person to go with.

I still think this is silly to ask others to configure for your host and buy you a domain but I am in a bit hurry. MY SITE is completely ready(contentwise) but I don't have any host neither domain. I am worried of loosing the domain which I want(it is free till now).I want to get my site up asap.

Thanks
    Arpit

All suggestions are welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon
    Hi,

I had posted few days back that I am looking for web host + domain and I did got lot's of replies. But when I tried to get a domain from godaddy or tried to register to web hosts through paypal, I was not able to pay to any of them because I am not credit card certified. Can some webhost help me personally here...

I am willing to pay USD $41 to your paypal account(paypal will deduct around USD $2,so you will get USD $39 into your account) for buying me two domains of my choice + webhosting space of 100-150 MB and around 5-7GB bandwidth. Couple of emails will be fine.

I am looking for long term hosting and will surely look to add more space/bandwidth/domain later. I need reliable host and person to go with.

I still think this is silly to ask others to configure for your host and buy you a domain but I am in a bit hurry. MY SITE is completely ready(contentwise) but I don't have any host neither domain. I am worried of loosing the domain which I want(it is free till now).I want to get my site up asap.

Thanks
    Arpit

All suggestions are welcomed.
    Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon
    I was not able to pay to any of them because I am not credit card certified
    You mean you aren't verified? and then, what's the problem with that?
    NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
    Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
    Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay

I am not sure if NameCheap will accept your paypal payment since you are not certified, but it's always worth a shot. http://namecheap.com/.

I am sure as far as hosting goes, there are more than serveral companies here that would be able to meet your needs. Some of these companies would be able to handle your domain registration as well.

Best of luck,
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

You could always use a host with a different payment processor .....

Quote Originally Posted by ashridhar
    Are you for real?
    Yes, shridhar, I am real I am a computer engineering student from Hyderabad,India.
    You mean you aren't verified? and then, what's the problem with that?
    If you don't have your credit card,than you can not get verified by paypal. And companies only accepts verified paypal members due to tax reasons.
    You could always use a host with a different payment processor .....
    I am not sure. I am in India and can only pay through paypal unless the hosts are from India.

P.S. I just tried namecheap as well, but they too are asking for credit card verification.

So you dont have a Mastercard or Visa ? Just a unverified paypal account....

Quote Originally Posted by SimonJohnson
    So you dont have a Mastercard or Visa ? Just a unverified paypal account....
    exactly, I have done lot's of online work and clients pay me to my paypal account. This is the first time I am using it to buy something online.

I think it's not a big problem, pick a hosting provider and ask them, but generally a nonverified account is ok.
    NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
    Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
    Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay

You can still send money from your paypal account? If you can it shouldnt be a problem.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Yes I can surely send at max USD $100 to anyone through my paypal.I am still searching for someone to contact me though

Thanks for all the replies.

PS> Yes, some people have pm'ed me. I guess my problem is probably solved.
    Last edited by poseidon; 01-11-2006 at 12:33 PM.

If you don't have a CREDIT CARD to address-verify your PayPal account, you cannot send funds through PayPal, or receive credit card payments. Once you add a credit card to your PayPal, then you will be able to receive credit-card payments and be able to send money to others through PayPal. A PayPal VERIFIED account requires you to add a banking account to your PayPal account so that they can verify your identity and whatnot. You need to add a credit card to your PayPal account before you can send ANYONE money through PayPal -- not just businesses. Good luck.
    John Morris
    Warp-Factor Technologies - Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    E-Mail: john[AT]warp-factor.net AIM: iiwebwizardii