Thread: Punks!

Punks!

Wow, I'm not used to start this many threads in so little time!

Well, today I was driving on the main road, there was a little side street to the left, I had the right-away and they had a stop sign, I'm coming down a hill so I'm picking up a bit of natural speed, then a van pulls out in front of me, not that big of a deal there was still a huge space between us probably took a second or two more before we had a collision (mind you I'm still going down the hill), then a car immediately pulls out behind the van, I'm talking about 1-2 seconds, obviously not stopping at the stop sign or did a very fast rolling stop. Of course, the horn goes on and here comes the breaks! These punk kids don't realize a few ton pickup truck carrying a trailer full of heavy equipment can't stop on a drop of a dime. I started going up the hill now, stop beeping the horn, it was very close to hitting them. Then here comes the kiddies acting like kiddies, on both the driver's side and the passenger's here comes the middle fingers

I beeped my horn at their childishness, and then they stuck their fingers back in. About a minute or two passes, they keep acting like they was going to pass the van (double line), being pass the center of the road, mind you this is the main-drag so there is quite a bit of oncoming traffic. But of course they didn't care, the van was going a bit over the speed limit so it wasn't like they was going snail speed. But they didn't get a chance as there was a stop light ahead. They slow down right behind the van. We both stop, and then a man steps out on the driver's side, and another man (heavy set guy), and the "man" (driver's side), looks at me then I realized it was a woman and not a man (just giving you a bit of visual images ). So of course, I step out of my truck and start yelling at them for being so idiotic that they pulled out in front of me, them being the punks they are had to use "language" and of course I did it back right at them. Then I realized while all this is happening (about a minute if not two), I see lights in the corner of my eye, turns out it was a cop car and behind that another one.

They talk to us both, and we went to a parking lot, we was still in the intersection with a green light. So they separate us, I tell them my story, and the other cop did theirs. The girl wasn't nice at all to the cop, and she started yelling at them. Well I told them there are either drunk or on drugs that they would be that stupid. I don't think they did anything after all, I left first. They told me they was going to keep them behind to make sure we get out of there first. I think they may have seen a beer bottle of something of that sort which is why they let me go first instead of them.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with kids that did this to them, or just people in general?

I believe TalkMilitary's favorite quote comes into play here "Hire a teenager while they still know everything"
    Last edited by Tyler; 08-21-2005 at 09:40 PM.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Sorry Tyler, some people are just that way. I've tried to stop using my horn at all, just because some people are like this. People are too into thinking that driving is a right and not a privilege, which is why situations like this happen. At least you had a cop nearby to help sort this out and were fortunate it didn't turn to a fistfight.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Originally posted by CTG
    Sorry Tyler, some people are just that way. I've tried to stop using my horn at all, just because some people are like this. People are too into thinking that driving is a right and not a privilege, which is why situations like this happen. At least you had a cop nearby to help sort this out and were fortunate it didn't turn to a fistfight.
    Yup, I tried that before, ignoring them but never seems to work either as they must learn one way or another. Exactly, to kids driving is just to get to Point A to Point B where the booze is at.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

At least it didn't end up with someone being killed.

Oh you grumpy older men j/k

This is why I ride the bus in the city...

Then again, I can look like a kid...but the ice gives it away!

Originally posted by Tyler
    to kids driving is just to get to Point A to Point B where the booze is at.
    Thats a bit harsh, not all kids are like this.

Originally posted by Hostex Australia
    Indeed. Just depends on the type of kid..

my mate is very bad while driving, one person piss him off hes doing the middle finger the v's the everything, hes only 18 and i find it very sad but eh what can i say lol free taxi for me

Originally posted by Bully
    my mate is very bad while driving, one person piss him off hes doing the middle finger the v's the everything, hes only 18 and i find it very sad but eh what can i say lol free taxi for me

Yup, some have road rage throughout their entire lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostex Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStatic(Stevo)
    Indeed. Just depends on the type of kid..
    Yup, I'm not saying all of them are, but a good amount is. But I wouldn't imagine many on WHT would be this type of person.

Quote Originally Posted by Azn_Chic
    This is why I ride the bus in the city...

Then again, I can look like a kid...but the ice gives it away!
    Cheap transportation is always great by me!
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Re: Punks!

I just had an accident lastweek and the car was totaled. Some IDIOT was making a left turn and failed to yelled. All of my driver side of the car was banged up.

It was a clear day and the other driver (who was on a Dodge Truck) had nothing to bloke his vision. He started driving while I was crossing the intersection and hit the car. My car did almost a 180 degree turn. My regular car vs. Dodge Truck = mine is totaled and all he had was a scratch (I am not kidding)!

While I may have expected a teen to be behind the wheel, it turned out to be a person in their late 40s.

I am stuck without a car and with a physical pain in the neck and the back. Nonetheless, after looking at my car, I am glad that I was not hurt worse. Also glad that there was no explosion, as the fuel tank was also partially hit.

For the money the insurance company will pay for my car, I would never find a car in the same good condition that mine was.

To make things worse, the accident happened while I was 850 miles away from home - visiting a family member. I had to greyhound for 19 hours back home.

My friends don't get road rage when they're driving because they are too stoned (not serious, don't comment that I'm not really serious, because it's a policy within my group of friends never to drive stoned/drunk).

When we were going to the Fourth of July fireworks, a car (with two middle aged adults) hit us at a stop light. They hit the back bumper reasonably hard (we were already completely stopped, for roughly 10-15 seconds). They then proceeded to get out of the car, yelling that we were punks and had stopped suddenly, and had damaged their new, expensive car (read, old el dorado). A friend and I had already gotten out (friend was driver, I was in passenger, the one kid in the backseat had decided to stay in car). The driver (man) had gotten out of his car, and was yelling phrases such as "You punks don't have the slightest <expletive> idea how much work I have to do, you think cars can just <expletive> out of your parents <expletive> wallet don't you little <expletive (and plural)>. You can't <expletive> at a stop light and expect the guy behind you to stop instantly (note: we had been approximately 90 feet in front of him when we reached a stop, we had been going 15-20mph)." He went on like this for 5 or 6 minutes, at which point he realized we were laughing. He stopped yelling, and we offered to exchange phone numbers, insurance information, etc. He said something that sounded suspiciously like "This is bull<expletive>." He then got in his car, made a u-y, and went away. The bumper on the car we were driving (buick lasabre) was dented, but not too seriously, and we let it go.

Just an example, i assume most of you aren't like that. And before the bucket brigade arrives and lectures on me on the use of marijuana, and its irresponsibility, dont'.

Well Tyler,

My family is all from Texas and my uncle is what you would call a "redneck". Anyway a sort of similiar situation happened. Some young guy went zooming past him on a residential street and cut in front of him slamming on his breaks to stop for the stop sign.

To be honest my uncle is probably one of the scariest men alive and I myself have only ever seen the mad once or twice.

My uncle immediately got out of his truck and started walking towards the car and thats when this guy made the mistake of his life, he got out of his car to. Well he had a grin on his face and thought my uncle was going to scream at him or something, nope. In perfect stride as the kid was opening his mouth to say something a left jab caught him right in the face and he was out cold. I mean you couldn't revive this kid with a bucket of water. My uncle turned, got back in his truck and went on with his daily routine leaving the guy knocked out in the street.

I hope that makes everyone thing about cutting someone off, you just might cut off my uncle

All of the close calls I've had recently have been with teenagers. The sad fact is a large number of teenagers think that driving is their God-given right when they get their license. Some have their cars bought and maintained for them, so they are totally clueless.

My sister (17) was in an accident a few weeks ago. She wasn't paying attention and smashed into a truck. Her car was completely totalled. Now she's stuck trying to find rides to school (college) and work. Before this she was always speeding and doing other stupid things; since then she's become much more cautious.

I really try not to judge people based on their age but in my area I'd say the majority of teens deserve to have their licenses taken away until they're 21.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Crazy stuff, Tyler. Unfortunately, it happens all too often. In your case, it's good that it didn't turn into a brawl.

I've told this story before. Not one I will forget anytime soon.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Uh you could have gotten out and kicked their a** LOL!

Um i saw an accident yesterday, kinda funny as hell, a women (i think) crashed right into a police car or it could be the police car crashed into here and the whole front end of her car was messed up, and the whole right side of the police car, i was thinking which person is at fault could the police officer sped through a red light? Or did she? And then they block the whole road side off (center lanes) and i think they even brought in a copter...

Kids this days... They love the Adrenarine rush...
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

why do people feel the need to cut off a 40ft bus or a 60ft bus?

I hate people that cut me off or tailgate me. I have never ever been in a wreck.

Originally posted by pusherhosting
    why do people feel the need to cut off a 40ft bus or a 60ft bus?
    I don't think they intentionally cut off a bus. They just do it, not knowing any better...

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

They are the increasing human scum which come with a modern, free, capitalist society.

Well today something happen to me. I was driving back from Canada and got into Montana. I was in Whitefish when this Van was driving right next to me. This person look like he was in the lower 20s and knew I was right next to him. Yet he tried to go a little faster and tried to get into my lane. This making me slam on my breaks and honking my horn. So then I get pissed and get up to where he was and started to yell at him, and he accused me of trying to cause a car accident.

My friends had to hold me back because I was about to beat the living **** out of this person. Some people think they are so special that they own the road. Well guess what they do not.

Originally posted by Torith
    ... I was driving back from Canada...
    Grrrrrrrrr.

You were in Canada and didn't call up any of us Canadian members for a drink??

Vito

Originally posted by vito
    Grrrrrrrrr.

You were in Canada and didn't call up any of us Canadian members for a drink??

Vito

I was on the other side of where any Canadian lives I think. I was in Fernie, Canada in which is in British Columbia. I found to say was one of the worst city I ever visited. The bars closed at midnight, and the town look like a ghost town. I saw a few cars driving once in a while and saw about 5 people walking in town (all of town). They had a 7/11 that was open as well... It was like the whole town closed down at midnight or sooner.

As well everything was way over priced, but the people where nice. I am also planning to go to Canada again in one month before winter hits. I might go visit a place where people are out pass midnight...

Oh and why can not people buy beer at gas stations in BC?

I might go visit a place where people are out pass midnight...
    Montreal, Quebec, no question.

I was on the other side of where any Canadian lives I think. I was in Fernie, Canada ...
    I would have flown out to have a drink with you!!!

Oh and why can not people buy beer at gas stations in BC?
    Because we're Canucks. Give us 10 years. We just might catch up...

Vito

Next time I am in Canada I will try and visit and buy you a beer .