Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google Sandbox

The Google Sandbox is an alleged filter placed on new websites. The result is a site does not receive good rankings for its most important keywords and keyword phrases. Even with good content, abundant incoming links and strong Google PageRank, a site is still adversely affected by the Sandbox effect. The Sandbox acts as a de facto probation for sites, possibly to discourage spam sites from rising quickly, getting banned, and repeating the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels75 View Post
    some says that google sandbox does not exist,well if your site is having less traffic then usual,then it calls penalization of google,and yes i also believe that there is nothing like google sandbox
    Why will G ban you when you don;t have any traffic? It is fine that they will kick you away to some last ranking position but i haven't seen this thing written in their TOS for search engine ranking.

Sandbox is not physical as i said earlier but yes it do exist.

The sandbox is basically a filter that made by Google to evade spamming of search results by unscrupulous webmasters. Before sandbox was made, new sites could rank fast, which permit "black hat" SEO professionals to make quick buck by ranking new site on top of Google's index for viable keyword, and then cashing out before Google caught up with their spam method. These domains usually were registered only for short period, exploited some loophole in Google algorithm and depend on sudden bursts of traffic over their limited life span.

There is no such thing as sandbox. If you can't see you website in google search, just wait for a few days. I have already experienced this. I thought they punished my website but I was wrong, it now has PR 1.

Quote Originally Posted by maurellemejos View Post
    There is no such thing as sandbox.
    I believe you may be mistaken, or all of these site are:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I believe you may be mistaken, or all of these site are:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    All of these sites are (or most ot them), the exception being the fourth one (for me anyway) which says :

Google SandBox = Old phrase/term.
    It referred to sites that were "restricted" in some ways in performance, limiting their ability to do well i nteh SERPs for certain/all search terms etc.

It is Now a commonly mis-used term, as the SandBox effect that is referred to kind of disappeared sometime ago.

Instead - you may find the following;
    * New sites get a short period (honeymoon) were they are "boosted" to see how they do and to get some traffic etc.
    * New sites loose the HMP after a time
    * Poorly structured sites may have content that ranks well to begin with, then falls due to shoddy site structure (blogs).
    * Some sites have "weak" content (tiny content, partially duplciated, very poor internal link structure etc.) and may be removed from SERPs
    * Some sites have a variety of Internal Duplication (Canonical, Multiple URLs, Replicated page contents etc.) which may get Filtered.
    * Some sites have External Duplicated content (full), which may be Filtered out (google only wants to show 1 version!)
    * Sites that are Not popular (low Quality and low Quantity InBoundLinks, and/or links that appear False/Non-Volunteered) may perform poorly

Mixes of the above are often seen as "sandboxing" - they aren't - it just seems that people will believe anythign they read without checking the Age of what they read (seriously, reading SEO articles from 2005 is not going to help you all that much unless it poitns out Quality and Originality!)

Quote Originally Posted by dexterallen01 View Post
    In other words new websites are put into a sandbox or a holding area and have their search ratings on hold until they can prove worthy of ranking.

No they are not, at least read the links supplied above!

I can get a new site in Google and performing well very quickly, there is NO SANDBOX for new websites!

If your site is poor quality or mainly duplicate content then you may not appear in the serps this is not the alleged 'sandbox' there is no such thing!
    Ore Stone Radio
    Playing the best unsigned new music 24 hours a day
    Musicians - Visit our forums to submit your music for airplay

www.orestoneradio.com an Ore Stone Music Ltd. Company

how does one find out if there web site is in the sand box?
    Visit today: PHP and Design Talk, Tutorials & Discussion
    http://www.goodphptutorials.com/

Quote Originally Posted by websoltech View Post
    how does one find out if there web site is in the sand box?
    Given that the sandbox doesn't exist, I would say that you can't.

You have to think there's some type of probationary 'box' the SE's are putting sites into. How else are they going to keep a lid of fly-by-night spammers?
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

Quote Originally Posted by completegibbon View Post
    Given that the sandbox doesn't exist, I would say that you can't.
    I would agree that the sandbox is a myth or at least that's my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gotlivechat View Post
    You have to think there's some type of probationary 'box' the SE's are putting sites into.
    No I don't ...

For almost anyone who has been around for a while has seen new sites rank very well and soon.

Yet, this none sense still gets banter about.

There is no spoon and there is no sandbox.

Next?

I don't know much about sandbox but if there is one, then it is funny why some new sites can rank highly in serps and not others.

Quote Originally Posted by paulgeek View Post
    I don't know much about sandbox but if there is one, then it is funny why some new sites can rank highly in serps and not others.
    Why funny? Some old sites rank highly in SERPs and not others, it's down to the quality of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by completegibbon View Post
    Why funny? Some old sites rank highly in SERPs and not others, it's down to the quality of the site.
    Yup, there shouldn't be a sandbox if quality is the main criteria.

Then people won't be obsessed if the site is new or old.

Google Sandbox

The Google Sandbox Effect is a theory used to explain why newly-registered domains or domains with frequent ownership changes rank poorly in Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS). In other words new websites are put into a “sandbox” or a holding area and have their search ratings on hold until they can prove worthy of ranking.

If you are ranking 150th in google and like 30th in yahoo & bing - that most likely means that you are in the sandbox... cause you usually rank relatively well in all engines if the site is OK.

if you are gaining trusted links and within several weeks you are still 150 in google, and your positions do not change as you gain new links and optimize your site - that means you are in sandbox...

I was in sandbox for like three months.. and whatever I did, my rankings in google were less than 100.. but since I've noticed that, I've removed all reciprocal links and started to gain trusted ones.. and now I'm 18th.. my rankings jumped after 3 months from like 150 to 50 in one day... and kept slightly growing within a month or so

so my personal believe is that there IS a sandbox.. and I was there myself

PS: imho the strongest signal that you are in the sandbox is when you're not appearing on the first page when doing search for your domain name or a part of your domain name that goes before .com

when you rank well for those terms - means you are not in the sandbox

Quote Originally Posted by timsoulo View Post
    I was in sandbox for like three months.. and whatever I did, my rankings in google were less than 100.. but since I've noticed that, I've removed all reciprocal links and started to gain trusted ones.. and now I'm 18th.. my rankings jumped after 3 months from like 150 to 50 in one day... and kept slightly growing within a month or so
    So you broke Googles quality guidelines and ranked poorly. You then fixed the problem by removing the reciprocal links and then started to rank better. Where is the sandbox in all of this ?

sandbox is that I was around 50 when the site just started, and dropped to 150 because of tons of low quality links.. and I was back to nice rankings after 5 months from removing all reciprocal links..
    So I guess I've been to sandbox for almost half a year.. I kept gaining links, but my rankings did not exceed 150.. and then instantly they went up to 40 and now 20

Quote Originally Posted by timsoulo View Post
    sandbox is that I was around 50 when the site just started, and dropped to 150 because of tons of low quality links.. and I was back to nice rankings after 5 months from removing all reciprocal links..
    So I guess I've been to sandbox for almost half a year.. I kept gaining links, but my rankings did not exceed 150.. and then instantly they went up to 40 and now 20
    Where is the sandbox ? You had a low quality site so ranked poorly, you improved it's quality by removing reciprocals and gaining quality links and started to rank better.

The Google Sandbox acts as a probation for new sites, probably to discourage spam sites from rising quickly, getting banned, and repeating the process.Thus the Google Sandbox is very similar to a new website being placed on probation whose rank is kept lower than expected in searches, prior to being given full value for its inbound links and content.

Google sand box referres to sites that are restricted or stopped in some ways in performance, limiting their capability to do well in search engine rankings in google. it is temporary in nature and is nothing harmful for the sites.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast