Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Burstnet Deleted my VPS servers and now no support

Hi last week burstnet deleted two of my clients VPS servers then gave new ones with different ip addresses and said it was an error on their system. One of them that was given to us was some dutch guy's website who worked for McDonalds??
    They lost all our data and we lost our clients. We do still have a few vps servers with them however we upgraded one on Friday and it has still not been upgraded and we are yet to lose another client.
    If you are going to run a UK operation then you need to run a GMT helpdesk. We find our tickets are answered late in the day from what we can presume are US agents? and do they close at weekends?

Looks like they have disabled The API as a new VPS setup took days also like this upgrade. We do not allow our API to terminate accounts !

I am appalled with this service. We are only a small hosting company however we run a true 24 7 365 helpdesk and I would of thought burstnet.eu would also.

Right now burstnet runs support and all there "man hours" from the PA location in the USA. However they are working on getting a team in EU (only rumor, from forums).

There support is 24/7 however managing over 9000 servers in 4 locations is a very hard task. therefor there work load is that much harder than yours, you only have "a few vps servers" they have way more and have to manage them all at once, plus deal with more factors other than the server them self.

instead of ranting on a public forum, try there support desk.
    support.burst.net

Ive been a client there for about one year and i never have had any of the problems everyone else gets. All my tickets get answered in nearly 15 minutes after i open it.

Also, network failures happen. hard drives fail. its YOUR job to make a backup of YOUR system and make sure you have YOUR files.

If you rent a house and it burns down with everything inside, its not anyones fault. so don't bitch at burst for the service they give you.
    SupremeBytes, LLC
    █ Shared hosting, Reseller hosting, Dedicated Servers and Virtual Private Servers.

This was already covered in another thread here on WHT days ago.

Our Support Dept is staffed 24/7/365.
    Our Sales/Billing/CustServ depts are only available MON-FRI.

All our VPS setups are automated/instant, as long as you pay in full at time of order, pass fraud checking, and have no overdue invoices on any accounts in our systems.

All upgrades are up to date, and have not been delayed, unless you are waiting on a upgrade on our new budget Windows based VPS accounts. Those are currently delayed due to a non-functional upgrade process with the SolusVM modules we are experiencing. We are currently working with them to resolve the issue, but do not have an ETA. If it is a major issue, contact our Custom Service Dept, and request they process the upgrade manually for you.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by idknobody View Post
    Right now burstnet runs support and all there "man hours" from the PA location in the USA. However they are working on getting a team in EU (only rumor, from forums).

There support is 24/7 however managing over 9000 servers in 4 locations is a very hard task. therefor there work load is that much harder than yours, you only have "a few vps servers" they have way more and have to manage them all at once, plus deal with more factors other than the server them self.

instead of ranting on a public forum, try there support desk.
    support.burst.net

Ive been a client there for about one year and i never have had any of the problems everyone else gets. All my tickets get answered in nearly 15 minutes after i open it.

Also, network failures happen. hard drives fail. its YOUR job to make a backup of YOUR system and make sure you have YOUR files.

If you rent a house and it burns down with everything inside, its not anyones fault. so don't bitch at burst for the service they give you.
    O try the support desk??? why did not think of that? or do you mean the following replys that I have added to the ticket with no response?

04-16-2011 - 07:33AM

04-16-2011 - 02:15PM

04-17-2011 - 07:53AM

04-18-2011 - 03:41AM

and still no reply.

I hear what you are saying with regards to running the support, but they should accommodate for it.

If you have a 5622 lb car you would not put a 1.0 L engine in it would you! It's called capacity planning...

Yeah we have backups still does not excuse deleting vps server then being given someone elses and then the wrong ips, we could of at least been given the correct ips!

Yeah we have a few VPS severs with Burst, however we have many dedicated servers and vps servers with other hosts, but we operate a true 24 7 365 helpdesk and always make sure we do not over over stretch ourselves
    as the customer will suffer in the long run, hence my experience now with burstnet.
    Last edited by Richard_C; 04-18-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    All our VPS setups are automated/instant, as long as you pay in full at time of order, pass fraud checking, and have no overdue invoices on any accounts in our systems.

All upgrades are up to date, and have not been delayed, unless you are waiting on a upgrade on our new budget Windows based VPS accounts. .
    Incorrect my clients vps remains upgraded. We paid by paypal, the system said it was upgraded shortly after via email. And it was not, we raised a ticket and somone replied 3 days ago saying it would be sorted and we are still waiting as stated above.....

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_C View Post
    O try the support desk??? why did not think of that? or do you mean the following replys that I have added to the ticket with no response?

and still no reply.

I hear what you are saying with regards to running the support, but they should accommodate for it.

If you have a 5622 lb car you would not put a 1.0 L engine in it would you! It's called capacity planning...

Yeah we have backups still does not excuse deleting vps server then being given someone elses and then the wrong ips, we could of at least been given the correct ips!

Yeah we have a few VPS severs with Burst, however we have many dedicated servers and vps servers with other hosts, but we operate a true 24 7 365 helpdesk and always make sure we do not over over stretch ourselves
    as the customer will suffer in the long run, hence my experience now with burstnet.

Based on the above, we can safely assume you submitted them to a dept that is closed over the weekend.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

Incorrect my clients vps remains upgraded. We paid by paypal, the system said it was upgraded shortly after via email. And it was not, we raised a ticket and somone replied 3 days ago saying it would be sorted and we are still waiting as stated above.....

Then you will need to open a ticket with us regarding that, as we show no pending upgrades in the system currently (other than the Windows VPS based ones pending a technical issue needing to be resolved). If you have already opened a ticket regarding this, you will need to await a response during our business hours.

well the last reply was from a "Technical Support Representative"
    ?

Why don't you try and help fix the problem instead of giving me excuses, 2 you have given me now don't hold any water?
    I did not want to come on here and post my bad experience but I was left no choice. Why don't you try and resolve the problem in hand and then we can take this offline?
    You have not even tried to give me a resolve or at the very least try and investigate? maybe asking me for the ticket number would be a good idea??

and still no reply.

Each time you make a response to the ticket your pushing the ticket further and further down there list. as most people know tickets are answered in the order of last response... Spamming the ticket wont get you anywhere.
    SupremeBytes, LLC
    █ Shared hosting, Reseller hosting, Dedicated Servers and Virtual Private Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Then you will need to open a ticket with us regarding that, as we show no pending upgrades in the system currently (other than the Windows VPS based ones pending a technical issue needing to be resolved). If you have already opened a ticket regarding this, you will need to await a response during our business hours.
    I have had a ticket open with you

When Created: 04-13-2011 - 05:32AM
    Elapsed Time: 5 days

that's my point!

I have had a ticket open with you

When Created: 04-13-2011 - 05:32AM
    Elapsed Time: 5 days

that's my point!
    What department?

Post the body of the ticket here.
    SupremeBytes, LLC

well the last reply was from a "Technical Support Representative"
    ?

Why don't you try and help fix the problem instead of giving me excuses, 2 you have given me now don't hold any water?
    I did not want to come on here and post my bad experience but I was left no choice. Why don't you try and resolve the problem in hand and then we can take this offline?
    You have not even tried to give me a resolve or at the very least try and investigate? maybe asking me for the ticket number would be a good idea??

You are under the false assumption that the same people that respond in WHT are the people that handle responding to your tickets, and/or respond to tickets in every dept (or are even capable of handling the specific issue/matter at hand, ie...I highly doubt you want a PR person performing system administration on your server!). Your assumptions are incorrect. We have 50+ employees, and they are all departmentalized. Running to WHT will not accomplish anything, nor make anything happen faster for you...it still needs to wait for appropriate departments to respond. Based on the issues you have brought up, that would be the Customer Service dept, which as mentioned prior, is not available on weekends.

I've had a glance at all pending support dept tickets in our system, and I'm pretty sure none relate to your issue currently unanswered. Therefore, I'm pretty sure your ticket(s) are in a department that is not available on weekends, hence why you have not received responses. Please check our contact page for departments and the operating hours.

I did not even mention or make the assumption of the same people responding to both. I was asking for a resolve and maybe you communicate internally to help....

I have posted on here to give my experience, so if I posted in a customer service department (and I did not) and I got "Technical Support Representative" response......... enough said.

wrong department. contact support if your having a problem with your VPS upgrade.
    SupremeBytes, LLC

I did not post in the wrong department!
    Hence the "Technical Support" Representative not "Customer service"!

A reply from "Technical Support" NOT "Customer Support"

see below!!

Thank You,
    Nick P.
    Technical Support Representative
    BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
    Technical Support is always available via http://support.burst.net
    Join the community on the redesigned BurstNET Forums!
    News, Service Advisories, Discussions, Product Support and More!
    http://forums.burst.net

Doesn't matter. Nick P. isn't there 24/7...

Close that ticket and open one in support. you will get a faster response.
    SupremeBytes, LLC

You are missing the point.
    This is NOT a technical support issue.
    It has to go thru the customer service dept or sales, regardless of you submitting it to technical support.
    Technical support does not handle order processing.
    It is probably therefore sitting in the customer service dept right now therefore, transferred from technical support.

Some guy told me before that the support department handles the upgrade, from my experience of upgrading a VPS node.

Just post directly to support, they can check and see what it should be and make the change on the server.

Anyway its 5 am now, i have other things to do worth more time than this - like to watch grass grow or paint to dry.
    Last edited by DamienSB; 04-18-2011 at 05:27 AM.
    SupremeBytes, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by idknobody View Post
    Some guy told me before that the support department handles the upgrade, from my experience of upgrading a VPS node.

Just post directly to support, they can check and see what it should be and make the change on the server.

Anyway its 5 am now, i have other things to do worth more time than this - like to watch grass grow or paint to dry.

Our support dept does NOT handles upgrade, nor do they handle processing such orders, nor requests for upgrades via support ticket.
    All upgrades go thru normal order processing channels, which does not include the tech support dept, unless specifically assigned to them after going thru regular channels.

or do you mean the following replys that I have added to the ticket with no response?
    Bad move

Just an educated guess here, but you've opened a ticket with Support, Nick P has replied that it'll get looked at, and put the ticket onto the Customer Service queue. They're closed at weekend, so will start looking at tickets in around 3 or 4 hours.

Meantime, you've been bumping the ticket DOWN their queue each time you update it, so you'll have to wait longer now.

I'd suggest you post the TICKET NUMBER here so when BurstNET or BurstNET_CSM next check in to WHT they might have something to look at, if they feel so inclined.

DON'T bump the ticket again, or you'll still be posting here tomorrow.

Let's not make the OP look like the individual at fault. The OP indicated that his order was processed successfully and that somewhere down the line the upgrade failed. In his situation, I would go directly to the technical support department - especially after receiving an e-mail falsely indicating a successful upgrade. Additionally, the OP was never notified that the ticket was being transferred to another department, so he was/is under the expectation that tickets from that department were/are being serviced 24/7/365.

BurstNET - without getting into the "we're a budget provider, what do you expect from us" argument, this thread could have been avoided if the staff member involved had the decency/courtesy to inform the client of the department transfer.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Lugo View Post
    Additionally, the OP was never notified that the ticket was being transferred to another department, so he was/is under the expectation that tickets from that department were/are being serviced 24/7/365.
    As the Op hasn't posted the content of the ticket, you're just making assumptions now.

Any one of a number of things may have happened. If the Op's received confirmation of the upgrade maybe he just needs to reboot the VPS for it to take effect. Maybe the node he's on is full so the VPS needs to be moved to another node with the extra resources required. BurstNET indicated earlier that all ugrades are up to date. Until they get a chance to look at the ticket and tell us their side all we can do here is guess, not make "statements" like yours above.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Lugo View Post
    Let's not make the OP look like the individual at fault. The OP indicated that his order was processed successfully and that somewhere down the line the upgrade failed. In his situation, I would go directly to the technical support department - especially after receiving an e-mail falsely indicating a successful upgrade. Additionally, the OP was never notified that the ticket was being transferred to another department, so he was/is under the expectation that tickets from that department were/are being serviced 24/7/365.

BurstNET - without getting into the "we're a budget provider, what do you expect from us" argument, this thread could have been avoided if the staff member involved had the decency/courtesy to inform the client of the department transfer.
    Yes you are correct and I fully agree with you and your "statements" are correct.

Yes suppose I am guility for spaming the ticket but if I was communicated to effectively I would not of felt the need to do so, my client has been on to me all weekend.

F-DNS more excuses? Yes we tried to reboot the vps but as you can see below burstnet's system messed up again....It messed up the inital order also!

The server info below was blank that we got after we requested the upgrade, i did not remove thats how the setup came no ip just

VPS Control Panel URL (non-SSL): http://:2407
    VPS Control Panel URL (SSL): https://:2408

and a login username and password but nowhere to login!

I still do not have a reply.

I'm not making any excuses - How can I when none of us here know the actual reason? I just mentioned a few possible explanations.

I still do not have a reply.
    They're not open yet! At least post the ticket number and upgrade order number so that the BurstNET reps can take a look for you when they get to the office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast