sick of enom, where to go?

This is the second time enom takes one of my domains off-line without any warning or a chance to take corrective action for any alleged abuse.

One of the most unprofessional companies when it comes to these matters, no business ethics what so ever. Thinking they can turn off your million page generating site without consequences. Anyways, the story needs a thread on its own. Just stay away from enom and save the hearburn.

So, what is a better replacement for enom? One that ensures an SLA and has a good API system.

brkonthru,

It would be interesting to hear the entire story, that happened to you.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Here is a post when it first happened:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=404773

and now it has happened all over again.

I like namecheap.com, but I heard that they are Enom Reseller too. Anyway that wouldn't matter much right. So are you gonna pursue the legal action against enom?

NameCheap <-- enom reseller

GoDaddy <-- ICANN accredited registrar
    Registerfly.com <-- ICANN accredited registrar
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

are you looking for a reseller account? Directi seems to be an alternative. Tucows is rock solid although much more expensive.
    Domain Maven

Enom also call themselves "The Anti-spam registrar." and for that reason they will take strict actions for domains that might possibly be used for phishing or spam. What your story shows is that any domains that might be easily used for phishing, scam, spam or for any other illegal activities forbidden by Enom might be taken down.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

actually:
    Registerfly.com <-- enom reseller

And what enom can and cant do are clearly stated in their agreements, as well as a resellers agreement if you are a reseller. They also state they can change at any time with out warning. You got no legal ground to stand on in my opinion, but then I am not a lawyer.

If one of your customers is spamming enough people to get that many complaints in which enom will shut you down for, or if one of them is doing a phishing scam, the best and safest method is to make sure they are offline NOW - not after contacting you, and hours later you getting the email, and then hours later deciding to do it, etc.

If it means they have to pull your domain offline to pull thier sub domain off line then yes, they should do it in a hearbeat given the above. I expect it to happen to anyone who decides to do business in that fashion - not a nock to you personally, just a lot of free hosting providers are associated with spammers and phishers. Simply cause its free, nothing else.

Originally posted by HostCheap.us.com
    actually:
    Registerfly.com <-- enom reseller

actually Icann Accredited

http://www.internic.com/registrars/registrar-821.html
    Domain Maven

They may be Ican accedited, but they are still an enom reseller non the less.

Originally posted by HostCheap.us.com
    They may be Ican accedited, but they are still an enom reseller non the less.
    Is this one reason why you think registerfly's still such?

iwhois.com

Domain Name: REGISTERFLY.COM
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Just give them some time.

From what I've been reading so far, it seems Tucows and DirectI
    are preferred alternatives for reselling.

Just read your thread, brkonthru. It's heartbreaking to say the
    the least.

If you're pushing thru with it, good luck and do keep us posted.

No, its because they have an enom resellers account, they purchase domains in that account on a daily basis, and they submit support center cases to enom's tech support to fix issues with domains as they come up.

Just that they have a resellers account with active domains in it is enough to call them an enom reseller isnt it?

Hostcheap.us.com do you work for enom?
    RegisterFly.com Client Care Services
    http://www.registerflysupport.com