Thread: Servint

Servint

I am looking at moving my 11 seperate accounts to Servint VPS or a Bluewho Reseller account. I am not going to resell, just need a home for my clients sites that I develop none of which are large, could be adding maybe another 15 or 20 in the next two years.

I really like the sriped raid servers and backups by Servint along with phone support and all the great reports about them on wht. I would have to get around the no shared ssl somehow.

Bluewho also has great reports, shared ssl, no phone support and daily, weekly monthly backups.

I am not concerned about the initial setup of sites but am wondering how much more time will be involved with a vps host in maintaining say 30 sites? I am asuming I will be updating cpanel and other software 30 times when there is a new update?

Can someone who's using vps clue me in on the amount of work or time I may be looking at? I have been with my current host 3 years and would like to stay again as long with a new host.

thanks in advance Lynn

with servint (and lots of other managed vps providers) you wouldnt need to update the software, that should be done by them if iam not mistaken.

Thumbs up

Yes, Servint will keep everything up to date.

I can personally vouch for Servint support. They are just plain excellent.
    Innerplanet Web Hosting | Hosting websites worldwide since 1998
    █ Real 24 Hour Support | Enterprise Level Cloud Servers
    Why host your website in coach when you can host it in first class for the same price?
    www.innerplanet.com

If they have phone support, do we have to pay phone bill (to call them) or free-call?

Yes, they do have an 800#.
    Innerplanet Web Hosting | Hosting websites worldwide since 1998
    █ Real 24 Hour Support | Enterprise Level Cloud Servers
    Why host your website in coach when you can host it in first class for the same price?
    www.innerplanet.com

ill move to Servint soon

Servint is definitely a good choice, their support is simply excellent.

Moving to servint.net

I am moving to servint.net too.

I just got a little problem with my order that pretty much turn me off...
    But got a fast repply from billing depart. wich make me stay =).
    e4 was always my favorite openning , but i end up with d4... as white.

Re: Moving to servint.net

Originally posted by Kiarek
    I am moving to servint.net too.

I just got a little problem with my order that pretty much turn me off...
    But got a fast repply from billing depart. wich make me stay =).
    What was the problem?
    Yup, they always have instant replys
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Re: Re: Moving to servint.net

Originally posted by ZeonFx.com
    What was the problem?
    Yup, they always have instant replys
    I was unable to create and terminate any account at the WHM.

Took a while to get my problem resolved, but it wasnt because of servint part, it was because of me wich is good =).

After i found out how to get support, took about 5-10 mins to get an answer and 1-2 hr later my problem was resolved.

At the end they re install my vps to fix my problem, they did probably more.

Anyway, I am one more happy servint happy customer =0.
    e4 was always my favorite openning , but i end up with d4... as white.

Re: Re: Re: Moving to servint.net

Originally posted by Kiarek
    I was unable to create and terminate any account at the WHM.

Took a while to get my problem resolved, but it wasnt because of servint part, it was because of me wich is good =).

After i found out how to get support, took about 5-10 mins to get an answer and 1-2 hr later my problem was resolved.

At the end they re install my vps to fix my problem, they did probably more.

Anyway, I am one more happy servint happy customer =0.
    Now thats world class ServInt support
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

You might consider a managed VPS... It sounds like that might be a good fit for your business model if you'd rather be a designer than a server administrator.

Kualo has a few managed & unmanaged vps, and support response has been good for me (only been on board a month or so)

If you want to tinker with patches & updates then just go unmanaged. You can also get an unmanaged then hire an admin here somewhere to maintain o/s.

I use ServInt for my own site and they're amazing. A few of us who are using ServInt hang out on Undernet IRC in #servint - I invite you to join us
    neil MCITP, VCP