Question Install my forum in proper directory.

Currently I have my domain as a local message board. when a user types in the url they
    go to the index page, then a redirect to the folder where the forum is installed.
    I am trying to reinstall the forum so when a user types in the url they go directly to the forum, and not the redirect.
    Would you have any idea how I can achieve this without loosing any information from the site?

I think, I need to have it installed in the ROOT Directory, But I cant figure out how to get it done.
    I am using cpanel with fantastico

thanks!
    d00t

You can install in the root directory using Fantastico. Just leave the "Install in directory" field empty.

kosmo
    http://netenberg.com/
    AccountLab Plus Affordable professional webhosting billing -- Click Be! Building websites as easy as it click be
    Fantastico De Luxe - Install your favourite scripts at a mouse click -- Universina - The CPanel skin with Heart and Soul

the forum is already installed.
    I just need to move it.

thanks,
    d00t

make a back up of everything before you do this because i havnt tried it before.

All you should have to do is:
    1. Login as admin, change the config options (all the path settings) - this should make everything seem broken at first.
    2. Move all your files to root dir.
    3. maybe im forgetting something but that should be basically it.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>