* anyone use zopim?

Zopim is a live chat software, free and currently in the beta stages and also being hosted by their servers, but they give you an include script to add to your site.

http://www.zopim.com

My concern is when i add this to my site, it makes my site lag quite noticeably different but not too bad. Wondering if anyone has any feeback to this

Thankyou WHT

Seems like they are in beta, not offering a stable or paid solution...

Try taking a look at Olark, http://www.olark.com, offering a very similar solution that looks to have more customers/traction.

- Andrew

We're using Zopim and we have found it to suit us quite well. It does add a little bit of extra loading time to our site's web pages though.

Olark is still quite buggy and doesn't support all of the functions for IM contacts. A lot of people use LiveZilla because of the high level of support it gives and constant updates. Pretty good software
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

I am also trying Zopim, however I havenīt managed -yet- to chat using IM, only using their dashboard.

BTW Roboform canīt remember my Zopim password, so I have to enter it manually every time

Quote Originally Posted by CH-Shaun View Post
    We're using Zopim and we have found it to suit us quite well. It does add a little bit of extra loading time to our site's web pages though.

We were beta testing it, not bad at all. Though I am curious on their pricing.

According to the devs, zopim is only going to be a couple of bucks a month and they'll have a free version.

I got an email from Zopim the other day saying they are going out of beta and will be updating us soon.

@Dan_EZPZ
    I heard it was going to be $8 monthly
    OC Web Gurus Check Us Out!
    Reliable Hosting | Truly Amazing Designs
    We are a proud member of WHT community since 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by albatroz View Post
    I am also trying Zopim, however I havenīt managed -yet- to chat using IM, only using their dashboard.

BTW Roboform canīt remember my Zopim password, so I have to enter it manually every time
    @albatroz Are you still facing this issue? Drop us an email at support@zopim.com if you need more help

@CH-shaun @ocwebguru

Glad you like our service, this is Qing Ru from Zopim. Are you still facing the lag in loading time?

Back then in Sept, we were hosted in Asia, which explains the lag in loading time. Ever since we started hosting with VPS.net in October, the latency has significantly improved.

The script's performance has also improved quite a bit these past 4 months. In fact we have not faced any customer complaints about lag time so far, ever since we launched 3 weeks ago.

We are continually trying to improve our script's performance. Do try us out again, & let us know if the loading still lags. We appreciate all feedback, thanks!

I've used it once or twice but never carried for it. The only live chat program I really like is LiveZilla. I think if it makes your website lag then you shouldn't use it. If your running a web hosting company and your company website lags it can be a poor reflection upon you and potential customer may think your servers are not of quality; just a suggestion. Best of luck to you!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    I've used it once or twice but never carried for it. The only live chat program I really like is LiveZilla. I think if it makes your website lag then you shouldn't use it. If your running a web hosting company and your company website lags it can be a poor reflection upon you and potential customer may think your servers are not of quality; just a suggestion. Best of luck to you!
    I think you'll find, as we did, that the benefit of the "ready" livechat as Zopim outweighs the bit of extra load time.

We're quite happy with it.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by nickn View Post
    I think you'll find, as we did, that the benefit of the "ready" livechat as Zopim outweighs the bit of extra load time.

We're quite happy with it.
    Neat, glad it worked out
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

We've also been using ZopIM successfully for 3-4 months and would recommend it.

Including the ZopIm JavaScript at the footer of your web page is a good tip to reduce any issues with load times and lag.
    Ecenica.com - Speed, Security & Support
    Optimised Web Hosting for Business - Free UK-based support. 60-day g'tee. Nominet Accredited Channel Partner. Founded 2004.

I stopped using zopim once they started charging for it. I understand it was beta. But still after 5 months of using it and dealing with their problems which I only assume theyre still having. I dont think you should have to pay.
    PRESSD - Dynamic WordPress Hosting v2 is in BETA status, set to launch 1st q 2019.
    PRESSD is an OKTANE.COMPANY

Yes, im using it; a great addon to my site also seems fairly easy for clients to use.
    XHtml, CSS, and Photoshop | W3C Compliance Coding! | 100% Hand Coding!
    All designs come with 100% Satisfaction
    5+ Years of Experience - PM ME

Unhappy Zopim is too unreliable.

I like Zopim a lot, when it is up and working. There is weekly down time that can be 6 - 12 hours or more. I would prefer to pay more and have a service that I can rely on. Is there another live chat that works similar to Zopim that actually stays online consistently? Zopim is too unreliable.

I prefer Live Zilla,

Zpoim seem's so tiny and ugly to be honest like unprofessional look's like some yahoo or msn plugin for a site.. :-/
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

The main concern I have is that I use lastpass.com for automatic login and it doesn't work with Zopim due to its Ajax interface

Zopim now has failover mechanisms in place

Hi GeniesS, we know the downtime has been a huge concern amongst some of our users, including yourself. When we faced slew of flood attacks / hardware failure in the past, we tried to manage that with interm measures while working out more long term solutions.

Right now, I'm happy to let you know that the long term measures have been in place. We have acquired at least 8 more servers which are all distributed throughout the world, and have put in place failover mechanisms.

What this means, is that the service will rarely go down from now on. In the event of a server failure, another server will takeover and the service will be undisrupted. Even in the very rare cases when the service goes down, loading of your website will also be unaffected.

Perhaps the long term solutions came a tad too late for you, but I really hope you will be willing to give us another try.

Qing

Quote Originally Posted by GeniesS View Post
    I like Zopim a lot, when it is up and working. There is weekly down time that can be 6 - 12 hours or more. I would prefer to pay more and have a service that I can rely on. Is there another live chat that works similar to Zopim that actually stays online consistently? Zopim is too unreliable.
    Last edited by qingru_zopim; 08-06-2010 at 03:42 AM. Reason: grammar

Reseller Program for hosts

BTW, we have an reseller program for hosts as well, you can check out the details at www.zopim.com/affiliates. Does the commission or pricing structure makes sense for you?

Would love to get your thoughts on our pricing as well, since we are currently revising it to include the option to unbrand Zopim. Please drop me a PM or email me at qingru [at] zopim.com, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jacob_sean View Post
    Yes, Betatested it. Its good. Only concern is it should not be too costly.

Quote Originally Posted by albatroz View Post
    The main concern I have is that I use lastpass.com for automatic login and it doesn't work with Zopim due to its Ajax interface
    We can definitely help here. Could you elaborate a little on how you're intending to use Lastpass in conjunction with Zopim?

Lastpass.com is a password manager, something like Roboform (better than IMO). This allows me to remember only one password, as the software automatically fills the username+password for me on the web sites I use.

However it seems to not recognize the Zopim login forms.