eNom Redemptions - How I Saved $150 for a Client

For all of your that deal with fickle clients who constantly change their minds and/or let their domains fall into redemption with eNom, here's a technique that just worked for me:

In fact, I just saved a client $150 yesterday getting their domain out of redemption with eNom.

Despite repeated reminders (even by telephone), my client says that they don't want to renew one of their domain names. Okay, fine. The domain expires January 20th and then goes into the "grace" period. Client then calls yesterday, February 22nd and says that they have changed their mind and they now want to renew the domain. Well, eNom has sent the domain into the REDEMPTION PERIOD and now wants $160.00 firm plus renewal fee for the client to redeem the domain. Client actually says "Okay" to that.

Old 4solutions goes into eNom's auctions and sees that eNom is conducting a Reverse Auction on the client's domain and the "Buy-It-Now" price has fallen down to $10 plus the annual renewal fee. I purchase the domain and have it back in my reseller account in less than an hour.

I saved the client $150 and now she is so happy she wants to kiss me. She's very attractive so I'll probably give in.

Disclaimer: Professional Driver on closed course. Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by 4solutions; 02-23-2006 at 11:16 PM.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Nice one, 4solutions. Everyone should remember that little "trick" Hope we get the same rewards as you

That's a great idea!

We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by 4solutions
    For all of your that deal with fickle clients who constantly change their minds and/or let their domains fall into redemption with eNom, here's a technique that just worked for me:

In fact, I just saved a client $150 yesterday getting their domain out of redemption with eNom.

Despite repeated reminders (even by telephone), my client says that they don't want to renew one of their domain names. Okay, fine. The domain expires January 20th and then goes into the "grace" period. Client then calls yesterday, February 22nd and says that they have changed their mind and they now want to renew the domain. Well, eNom has sent the domain into the REDEMPTION PERIOD and now wants $160.00 firm plus renewal fee for the client to redeem the domain. Client actually says "Okay" to that.

Old 4solutions goes into eNom's auctions and sees that eNom is conducting a Reverse Auction on the client's domain and the "Buy-It-Now" price has fallen down to $10 plus the annual renewal fee. I purchase the domain and have it back in my reseller account in less than an hour.

I saved the client $150 and now she is so happy she wants to kiss me. She's very attractive so I'll probably give in.

Disclaimer: Professional Driver on closed course. Your mileage may vary.
    Very smart!!!

Bytheway...

I saved the client $150 and now she is so happy she wants to kiss me. She's very attractive so I'll probably give in. <--- Share this experience tooo
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Good job mate

Quote Originally Posted by 4solutions
    She's very attractive so I'll probably give in.
    Don't sell out too cheap!

Good play, that's smart!

Quote Originally Posted by grandad
    Don't sell out too cheap!
    I don't mind being that cheap..

Free Advice: Do your research before you sign up, there are just way more bad hosts than you could imagine....

Interesting work around thru enom. Nice one.

Just a question, though: was the domain name in enom's extended redemption
    period or in the "regular" redemption period all registrars follow? It's logical if the
    name was in the former, but really extraordinary if the latter occurred.

In any case, a "monumental" discovery has been made. Thanks for sharing!