Lineage II Server

Can anybody please tell me where i could get good but cheap lineage server located in europe?

Private Lineage II servers are illegal so I really doubt you could receive help from us.

Are you talking about L2J? If so they are easy to setup and can be run and most any dedicated server. It will all depend on how large you want the server and realms to be.

www.freaks-network.com - Offers L2J servers if you dont want to setup your own server.

Lane

Unless you're talking about L2J, L2 servers were illegal and a number of raids were done shutting down and seizing servers that were running it.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?loadNews=7104&bhcp=1

I'd question any provider knowingly hosting such servers when the copyright holder has made it pretty clear they won't allow their IP and client/server software to be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by sshepherd View Post
    Last I heard L2 servers were illegal and a number of raids were done shutting down and seizing servers that were running it?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?loadNews=7104&bhcp=1

I'd question any provider knowingly hosting such servers when the copyright holder has made it pretty clear they won't allow their IP and client/server software to be infringed.
    Running a Lineage 2 server is illegal, running a Lineage 2 J (L2J) server is not. There is a huge difference between the two. The L2J servers are not a global thing like the nornal servers are, they are just a local server that does not count towards your overall. In fact you dont even have to buy the game to play in a L2J server.

lane

The L2J Project is projected by the Grand Father Claus, and the GNU GPL or how that's written.

L2J Was started before NCSoft changed their TOS/EULA, so the current one does not affect the L2J Project that's running, nor does NCSoft have anything to say, or do, against the L2j Projects/Servers.

This does also only affect servers that does not run any modified clients, like custom weapons, change L2.ini file, or what ever might have been changed.
    Still, there are alot of servers that does this, and as long as you got a small server, and a server located in the EU, NCSoft won't, or can't, do a <<removed>> about the server.

NCSoft has no department in the Europe.

Hope this clears it up.
    Last edited by sirius; 04-19-2007 at 07:33 AM.

Well some companys that host let say ...CS servers and so on also hosts, YES L2J servers and selling em like CS servers. Id like to know where i can get cheap but good hosting.

There is no company that will sell Lineage 2 Servers as "slots".

You'd need to get yourself a dedicated and install it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by PhOeNiX51 View Post
    Well some companys that host let say ...CS servers and so on also hosts, YES L2J servers and selling em like CS servers. Id like to know where i can get cheap but good hosting.
    Your going to have a hard time finding a host that will sell it in slots, and to be honest its going to most likely cost you alot more that way. I would suggest you checkout www.corenetworks.net and get a cheap dedicated server and set the L2J server up on it. You wont need too much bandwidth, but it is all sql intensive I do believe, so fast hard drives and nice cpu will do you well.

Lane

CPU ain't really needed for L2J, speaking of experience.
    What you really need is a fast RAM, the more user, the more RAM you need.
    SCSI Drives is only needed when you hit like 300 + users, otherwise, SATA will do just as good.

Take the starter server at corenetworks.net, that one should be enough for about 100 users, +/- , depending on your configuration.

Would also suggest a Linux OS.

well ... basics are java, MySQL and such things. And as we all know, java eats memory and bandwith. Anyways thnx ... ill try to find good cheap deticated hosting.