Mail Problem: Socket Error: 11004 - What is the fix?

Hello there,

I have a small question that I would like to ask. Although it is small, it is extremely important that I get this fixed as soon as possible. These are the two error messages that I get when I am trying to send/receive emails from a mail account hosted on cPanel/WHM server. (gene@genec-lori.com)

The host 'mail.genec-lori.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'gene@genec-lori.com', Server: 'mail.genec-lori.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    The host 'mail.genec-lori.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'gene@genec-lori.com', Server: 'mail.genec-lori.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    I would like to know how to fix this error. I have already verified that the server name and account settings are correct. I have also tried using port 25, which also failed, so I went ahead with the SSL port 465, which also gave me the same problem.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for all the help. I extremely appreciate your time and response.

Kind Regards,
    Mehedi

http://www.nessoft.com/kb/43

The port is not blocked.

http://forum.goteamspeak.com/archive...p/t-14420.html

This would be a inconvenience to my customer's end. Is this because the customer just moved in with me from another host and maybe his DNS is not fully updated on his end? He can access FTP servers and his site, why not his mail? Why does he have to use his site IP to access his mail?

Basically I am willing to make any "understandable" changes on my end to help this user and solve his/her problem. Please assist me as I am completely lost in this small email problem. I do not believe port 25 is blocked on his/her end, because they told me that they can use email from other hosting companies.

I really look forward to the replies. Thank you.

Double-check that the DNS is setup correctly for mail.genec-lori.com. As far as I can tell (dnsstuff.com), there is no A/CNAME for mail.genec-lori.com.

I believe this has nothing to do with the port, but with the DNS. Try connecting to the same port on genec-lori.com.
    Peter Hall
    Tera Web Hosting
    UK Web Hosting and Backup Storage

Ummmmmmm...

Hey, just as a bit of troubleshooting - i can connect to port 25 and 110 succesfully, meaning that there is no real problem with ports or connections. Starfinder is correct, mail.genec-lori.com is not setup properly. You can check it yourself using dnsstuff.com or dnsreport.com

Thanks so much for the replies.

It seems like port 25 is blocked from the customer's end. He uses Bellsouth and they do not allow the usage of port 25 on non-business accounts. That's a ridiculous!

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I truly appreciate the responses.

Kind Regards!
    Mehedi