IIC Internet !SUCKS! do *not* use them

They still owe me a refund from 2 months ago, so I figured I'd post

I signed up for their services and NEVER got customer support

It took them 2 WEEKS to foward a hostname (10 seconds of work)

Hard drive crashed over ***5 TIMES***

Do not use them!

I'd rather not write anything right now because they're still holding a hard drive of mine hostage, but I may, depending on their level of good will, have more to write about this topic, too.
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

I emailed them from my other email that they dont know saying i wanted to sign up for their $500 a month server, they didnt even respond to that!!! (Was tyring to see if theyd respond to that, cause they didnt respond to my email asking about my refund from the email address they know) Its the one company I wish horrible luck on...

Memories.... that was my first real host (I've posted about them before).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Chicken, what kind of trouble did they give you?

I'd rather not write anything right now because they're still holding a hard drive of mine hostage

Well I never. I know that there are Terrorists that hold humans hostage! We now have Terrorhosts that hold hard drives hostage!
    COMPUTERS CAN DO THAT?
    http://www.computerscandothat.com

For a while they advertised unlimited bandwidht. Being new with hosting i thouhgtt that was a good thing. Was with em for 3 months. Great speed.

Then i got a bill for $90 overage. I went to their site (now changed stating 5gigs trasfer) and paid it.

Next month i used very little bandwidth (shaky from the previous month) got a $200 overage bill. I complained and they said i didnt have to worry about it - computer troubles they said.

So my first bill was likly the same thing.. I dunno they were great until they sent me that invoice
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Originally posted by peteny
    Chicken, what kind of trouble did they give you?
    Well, I was happy to even have hosting, and not quite as up on things as I am now, heh. So I can't really recall anything overly bad, except that I could log into the server and change their support, 911, and sales email to forward elsewhere (than the one address they all forwarded to). No wonder 911@ didn't get a quicker response, heh.

I wasn't all that keen on being able to redirect my host's email, so I moved. I figured others either did, or would, figure that out as well. Could have started my own hosting company heh (forward the sales emails to me!), thogh it wouldn't be too long before they figure that one out (maybe?)

• Chicken

Pretty much the same reason we left them Chicken. Except we found it was near impossible to log in properly at all...I can't remember the little message that used to pop up in the top left corner, but we tried to get it fixed to no avail. It is reassuring to see them still going though, given the current climate. They are fairly widely used for adult hosting I believe.

Cheers

Gary

I remeber calling support and often getting either extremely disinterested, just woke up, or stoned sounding people (not sure which). They need to work on a few things, people skills and mail server admin. Other than that I wasn't overly unhappy. it was cheap as dirt and I had a personal site. For $25 (one-time) I could add another domain, etc. Since moving from them, I've had much worse, and from reading posts on this forum, it seems others have as well...

• Chicken

"Postmaster". No matter what we tried to log in as, it just popped up the word postmaster in the top left corner...and that was it.

They've got time on their side now though. As short and sharp (uncourteous?) that their sales/support replies are (even today) they can lay claim to have been around for quite a few years now.

Cheers

Gary

IIC Internet