* Is possible a game server counter strike 1.6 in my web hosting linux godaddy?

Hi, i like very much counter strike 1.6, i want my server, but is possible a server in my web hosting linux godaddy? how i can install the server? pls help me, im sorry, my english is bad.

I would say this it is very unlikely that you can install a game server on your shared web hosting account. You would over exceed the allocated resources to run that and your account would likely get terminated.

I would look at a GSP and find a decent offer.
    Todd Mayo
    TM Networks

Animexion,

You can use a VPS for a lite CS server. Runs just fine. It uses a bit of CPU, but it does great for a vps.

I don't think you can run a game server on a shared hosting account, sorry. You might beable to use your home PC though, just forward the ports if your uplink is fast enough.
    Brandon Long | https://brandonlong.me/
    Just a guy with a brain.

!

i need download files????

Yes you need at least a VPS or your own Dedicated Server in order for this. I don't think any web host out there lets you utilize the amount of CPU usage that a counter-strike 1.6 server does on a $4.99 shared host plan, its unreal. Also not to mention you need SSH access in order to run the commands.

You need to get a VPS or Dedicated Sevrer, also need the game files.
    Richard Perez | PureWeb
    Dedicated Servers - cPanel Web Hosting - cPanel Reseller Hosting
    6 Nationwide Locations. 100% Network SLA. Established in 2007. True 24/7/365 Support.
    Follow us on Twitter: @purewebtech. Network POPS in: LAX - CHI - DFW - NYC - SEA - ATL

Animexion it is probably best to buy a gameserver from a company that sells gameservers.

you will have to buy a game server, a dedicated server or at least some VPS (virtual private server). Thing is, shared webhosting does not allow you to execute any files and such, its only used for a website.

I know if you want a source game (linux) go for 512mb ram (guaranteed) and a single or 2 core and 2.0ghz at least. That will MINIMUM cost you 20-30 dollars and sometimes it costs more than 50-60 dollars.

I suggest you go for a game server provider, they are usually between 1 and 2 dollar each slot, which is way cheaper, AND they usually provide unmetered bandwidth, so players can download all maps they want, and unlimited map/mod space.

cpanel offers a CPGS (Cpanel Game Server) add-on which supports this game

Quote Originally Posted by torrentc View Post
    cpanel offers a CPGS (Cpanel Game Server) add-on which supports this game
    You are also going to be using horrible bandwidth which equals bad ping and ping is a big factor on running a good game server.

CPGS bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRDenholm View Post
    You are also going to be using horrible bandwidth which equals bad ping and ping is a big factor on running a good game server.
    i suppose it wouldnt matter if you can find a provider that can offer level 3 bandwidth and not cognet as cognet is awful, and a server that can handle the load of X amount of users

very, very unlikely that they would allow this, I would only recomend gameservers on a dedi.

I would suggest you check out http://www.gameservers.com or http://www.inx-gaming.co.uk. running this on your home PC is possible, but that depends on your ISP and upstream connection speed, so your best bet is one of the above
    Toby
    Xeo Solutions - Discovering Innovation
    Managed Service Provider & Cloud Hosting | Launching Late August 2019

whats the minimum upstream speed needed for it ??

That depends on how many players you're going to have. More players = more upstream bandwidth needed.
    Toby
    Xeo Solutions - Discovering Innovation
    Managed Service Provider & Cloud Hosting | Launching Late August 2019

There is a company that offers free 30 day trial game servers but I forget the name. Try googling for it...