* 113 Killed in Armenian Plane Crash

Bad weather is slowing recovery of the bodies of 113 people killed when a plane flying from Armenia to southern Russia crashed into the Black Sea.

The Airbus A320 crashed at about 0215 local time (2215 GMT) as it made a second attempt to land at an airport near the Russian resort town of Sochi.

It was initially refused permission to land because of poor weather, which investigators blame for the crash.

All aboard died but only 38 bodies have been recovered from the water so far.

Both Russia and Armenia have declared a day of mourning on 5 May, the Kremlin said.

I was waiting for a call from my mother that she had arrived OK. But she did not phone, so I phoned myself and heard that this accident had happened

Khapet Tadevosyan
    Victim's relative

Officials co-ordinating the recovery effort say that emergency teams have discovered baggage, life jackets, body parts and wreckage at the spot where the aircraft plunged into the water.

Russian television showed footage of small boats returning to shore with debris that they had picked up from the crash scene.

More than 20 vessels are involved in the recovery operation, but weather conditions are preventing the use of aircraft.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4967464.stm
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060503/...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--
    http://www.euronews.net/create_html....e=357103&lng=1

You're saying your mom was on that flight??? Horrible! Absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by goolex
    [B]Officials co-ordinating the recovery effort say that emergency teams have discovered baggage, life jackets, body parts and wreckage at the spot where the aircraft plunged into the water.
    Well... I hope they weren't looking somewhere other than where the plane went into the water... that wouldn't be too bright.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs