Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

arteryplanet down for 3 days.....

We have a reseller account through arteryplanet.com and our clients have been down for three days now (mountainviewinternet.com; calla-house.com) I've been unable to contact anyone via support system and they have no phone numbers. I've been a client of theirs for years with no problems. Is anyone else having problems, or able to contact them to find out what the deal is?

Same Problem here!!

I have been with Artery Planet for years. My sites have been down Since Friday the 17th, nobody has responded to my Open Tickets. I even tryed a open sales Ticket. It's like they all went on Vaca without telling anyone? Anyway I can not get a hold of anyone, and I am going to lose Clients over this, I just know it! Damm Them!!! No Phone number to Call, Very frustrating!!!
    Last edited by cardoctor98; 09-21-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: misspelled words

Angry

I'm on the same boat! Something is not quite right...

no time to explain, but if your sites are up now back-up your data and get moving.

I barely had enough time to back up the site today before it went down again. Thank you sir!

On the other hand, I have no way of moving the domain to another host as it is not showing up in the Domains tab on the account management site.

Did you manage to get in touch with someone at ArteryPlanet?

Yes you do. ArteryPlanet is a domain reseller for eNom. ENom can unlock your domain and release the epp code to you if you are the registered owner, but it will probably take awhile to sort it out with them. Once that's done you can transfer your domain if that's what you want to do. You can keep your hosting service and your domain registration service separate as well but you need control over the domain to point it to the new hosting ip. One you do this I don't think you'll have access to your cpanel or site anymore but at least you can move on. Contact eNom's help line: 425-974-4689 and find out what to do.

Follow up....

Quote Originally Posted by joetoner View Post
    I barely had enough time to back up the site today before it went down again. Thank you sir!

On the other hand, I have no way of moving the domain to another host as it is not showing up in the Domains tab on the account management site.

Did you manage to get in touch with someone at ArteryPlanet?
    Sorry it is Ms. not Mr. ;-)

No, I didn't get in touch with the new ArteryPlanet owner. It is unfortunate that the new owner seems to have ruined the reputation of what used to be a company with outstanding customer service. Anyway, I was able to work out a very temporary solution and get full cpanel back-ups for my clients as well. A few sleepless nights (and days) and I'm back in business.

informarts is right. You should be able to transfer an enom domain. They have a longer fax process if you have no authorization code. If you need assistance send me a pm or a support ticket through our website, mountainviewinternet.com with the details.

how did you get the backup

Hi,

can you tell me please how you got the backups off the server hosted with arteryplanet?
    Who is the new owner? How can I contact them?

I would appreciate your help

A.

Quote Originally Posted by albg View Post
    Hi,

can you tell me please how you got the backups off the server hosted with arteryplanet?
    Who is the new owner? How can I contact them?

I would appreciate your help

A.
    Hi - Unfortunately I pulled back-ups when the server was only temporarily back on. With two of us working round the clock we barely finished before the server went down again.

I was never able to reach the new owner and they are the reason the server is down. While it was down I tried reaching them from every contact that I could find with no success. The old owner is not involved and cannot help the situation.

Without server access you will need to establish a new web host, transfer your domain and upload the site(s) to the new server. If you don't have a back-up sometimes you can reconstruct by looking up the site at waybackmachine.org but that is pretty labor intensive.

In the mean time continue to monitor your website to see if it comes back up. At this point I know things are not looking good and am truly sorry if you didn't get a chance to make a back-up while they were online.

I found this thread through google and since I'm on the same sinking ship I thought I might as well chime in. When the servers went down earlier this week and I logged in at arteryplanet to see what was up, I realized that they hadn't renewed my domain name, which was about to expire (and now it has). I knew the company was getting flaky and (obviously) I should have been more on top of things.

I'm working through the painfully slow process of regaining access to the domain and renewing it with eNom. I did get a response when I submitted a ticket through enom.com. The person who picked it up only works at night, so we're doing one slow step per day. First I had to send a copy of my "government issued ID," then set up an account on enomcentral, then submit another ticket from there. I thought I was going to have it today but somehow that last ticket ended up on the "public ticketing system" and I was told to submit it again from my enomcentral account. I'm sure I did that the first time, and I suspect there was a cookie left over from the earlier transactions that sent it to the wrong pile. They guy is off duty for two days now, so probably nothing will happen until Sunday.

Any of you who have experience with enom think I can shortcut the process? Maybe I should call them?

Luckily I don't make a living from the site and I have complete backups. It's amazing the way arteryplanet just abandoned their business, too.

A quick follow-up to my last message. I did go ahead and call eNomCentral, and I'm glad I did. It was about a 10 minute phone call and my domain is now renewed and under my control again. They seem to know what's up -- the guy who helped me mentioned that they were hearing a lot about arteryplanet.

You have to set up an account on eNomCentral to get access to the tech support. I already had my credit card number in there and had a scan of my drivers license to send them -- that made the process quicker. But I want to give enom credit for the quick and effective phone support I got today.
    Last edited by arezeeman; 09-24-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typos

A short note: Artery Planet was a fusion of two older hosting companies. The partners involved have now split. The partner who retained the Artery Planet name and business is apparently not doing anything with the business. It's on autopilot and nobody has been home for months. (At least since last March)

The other partner (who was always the customer service person I was in contact with) moved his half of the accounts to another provider earlier this year. If your accounts didn't get moved you were in the batch that stayed with Artery Planet and thus the bad half of the company. My advice, Artery Planet is a sinking ship...get out now.

Quote Originally Posted by smassing View Post
    A short note: Artery Planet was a fusion of two older hosting companies. The partners involved have now split. The partner who retained the Artery Planet name and business is apparently not doing anything with the business. It's on autopilot and nobody has been home for months. (At least since last March)

The other partner (who was always the customer service person I was in contact with) moved his half of the accounts to another provider earlier this year. If your accounts didn't get moved you were in the batch that stayed with Artery Planet and thus the bad half of the company. My advice, Artery Planet is a sinking ship...get out now.
    Interesting... such a bummer, seems like they had a good thing going. Is the person that retained the company the one here in Colorado Springs?

It is a bummer. I just looked at my records and March was my last good contact with support at Artery Planet. It was in May that I noticed things seemed to have fallen apart.

In answer to your question to the best of my knowledge the person who retained the company is the one in Colorado Springs. Their phone is disconnected and obviously they are not answering emails. I agree it is sad. I have been a happy Artery Planet customer since maybe 2003 and have recomended them to many folks.

One other thing to watch out for that a friend of mine had to deal with. He registered some of his domains through Artery Planet and somehow he never noticed that they are registered in the name of Valerie Chisnell, one of the Artery Planet partners that has fallen off the (artery) planet so to speak. Tha drag is that eNom can't help him out because his name is not on the domain. Drag. I never had this problem myself and was able to transfer my accounts. I really liked Manuel, the tech guy for Artery Planet. He always provided the best customer service, but he has left the company.
    Last edited by smassing; 09-25-2010 at 12:10 AM.

One other thing to watch out for that a friend of mine had to deal with. He registered some of his domains through Artery Planet and somehow he never noticed that they are registered in the name of Valerie Chisnell, one of the Artery Planet partners that has fallen off the (artery) planet so to speak. Tha drag is that eNom can't help him out because his name is not on the domain. Drag. I never had this problem myself and was able to transfer my accounts. I really liked Manuel, the tech guy for Artery Planet. He always provided the best customer service, but he has left the company.
    Shame, I saw that too, I have a couple buddies that have/had some stuff with them for a long time that are now stuck in this domain issue.

I'm going to see if there's anything I can do... I'm in COS too, may take a drive past their listed location (which is a house) and see if anyone is quite literally home... I hate even thinking about having to do that but... It is their listed business location and when you're getting people e-mailing you for help and you're not even involved it really makes you a bit frustrated.

Drop me a PM if you get any more info *sigh*

My buddy and I were working on this tonight. Right now the arteryplanet.net server is up and running. If you know someone stuck with this domain issue they can log into their hosting accounts now, go to My Domains and change the registration information to their names, and change their email addresses to something like hotmail or gmail. They can then contact eNom and have them release the domain name. We just did that tonight for my friend.

I am up in Littleton myself and almost made the trip to CO springs to pay them a visit.

My buddy and I were working on this tonight. Right now the arteryplanet.net server is up and running. If you know someone stuck with this domain issue they can log into their hosting accounts now, go to My Domains and change the registration information to their names, and change their email addresses to something like hotmail or gmail. They can then contact eNom and have them release the domain name. We just did that tonight for my friend.

I am up in Littleton myself and almost made the trip to CO springs to pay them a visit.
    Awesome, I'm going to have them do that, I'm still going to swing by and see what's up because they've got some data that they can't get to and of course they don't have recent enough backups. Perhaps I can work something out with them... *sigh*

Wow... the registered address is a crap hole... tiny little slab house with a overgrown yard and rusting garbage all over... no one answered the door. lol

Sad. You gotta wonder what caused a meltdown of this proportion.

I'm new here so if this next part of my post is against board rules I appologize in advance. If you had much dealings with ArteryPlanet you'll know that the best part of the company was the service provided by Manuel. Any time I had an issue with anything he was on top of it and always took care of things quickly and fairly. He's the partner and technical support person who left the company sometime in April-May-June timeframe because he was having problems with his co-owner in CO Springs. Sadly, he has no connection with the Artery Planet folks anymore so he could not help my buddy, but he landed at a hosting company called plusplushosting -dot- com. If you liked his excellent service take a look there. That's where I ended up doing my hosting as well. The hosting plans and pricing are similar to Artery Planet. Better than being just a number with the megahosters.

Disclaimer: I'm just a customer like everyone else. I just noticed the crap beginning a couple of months ago and spent a tons of time digging around to find out what was going on. I have no other connection with either of these companies.
    Last edited by smassing; 09-25-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Hi am in the boat with you guys.

Luckily I had already moved most of my clients sites to UK based provider earlier in the year, however one of the ones I have not got round to has not got a backup of the MySQL database that ran the site.

Really need server3.arterytc.net 69.50.202.57 to come back up for a few hours so I can get at the missing bits.

I have attempted to contact atjeu.com which seems to be the host ArteryPlanet were using.

Sad. You gotta wonder what caused a meltdown of this proportion.

I'm new here so if this next part of my post is against board rules I appologize in advance. If you had much dealings with ArteryPlanet you'll know that the best part of the company was the service provided by Manuel. Any time I had an issue with anything he was on top of it and always took care of things quickly and fairly. He's the partner and technical support person who left the company sometime in April-May-June timeframe because he was having problems with his co-owner in CO Springs. Sadly, he has no connection with the Artery Planet folks anymore so he could not help my buddy, but he landed at a hosting company called plusplushosting -dot- com. If you liked his excellent service take a look there. That's where I ended up doing my hosting as well. The hosting plans and pricing are similar to Artery Planet. Better than being just a number with the megahosters.

Disclaimer: I'm just a customer like everyone else. I just noticed the crap beginning a couple of months ago and spent a tons of time digging around to find out what was going on. I have no other connection with either of these companies.
    Can I confirm that Valerie Chisnell is the co-owner that those of us with no support have been left with?

I don't know that for sure. My information showed that a Valerie and possibly Vic Chisnell were the co-owners based in CO Springs, CO. I believe they also own the property that Artery Planet is officed at. I got that information from State of Colorado public records, but I do not know if there is a more current owner. Sorry.

UPDATE: A posting from this very website in 2002 shows Vic Chisnell as the partner www-dot-webhostingtalk-dot-com/showthread.php?t=86042
    Sorry the forum will not let me post the link correctly :-( Funny, I just realized this was the site that i found a lot of info about Artery Planet from when I was researching in May/June.
    Last edited by smassing; 09-25-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Smile

Thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread, I have finally managed to regain control of my domain and website.

Like some of you suggested, I went ahead and contacted eNom who assisted me in the entire process. Their support staff was quick and efficient. All i had to do was:
    - create an account at enomcentral.com
    - pay for an additional one year registration
    - submit a copy of ID

Good luck to the rest of you who are still working through this ArteryMess.

PS: A big thank you to Ms mkendalld1 for your kind offer to help me with my domain issue!!

I almost forgot! Make sure to cancel your payment subscription with ArteryPlanet. I imagine that, unlike our websites, their payment gateway is just fine and dandy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast