Need a server in the Netherlands.

Requirements ;

CPU : e3-1230
    RAM : 16GB (Must be DDR3 high performance)
    HDD : 2 x 1tb 7200rpm minimum no green drives.
    NET : MUST have 1gbit port with minimum of 10tb bandwidth would prefer more though.
    LOC : Netherlands
    IP : Would need around 80 minimum.

Budget : 230$/month

I'm looking for <<snipped>> recommendations from anyone who already has a supplier, we would be purchasing more in the future.

I'm currently with Ecatel but they don't have new hardware and it bothers me. I know they're budget and they suite my needs perfectly but its been in the back of my mind for a while now that I might want to upgrade from two servers into one.

We currently pay 230$/month for two servers with old 2007 CPU's - They're decent and doing the job but as I stated above its always an option to transfer.

Budget is capped at 230$/month or 169euro/month.

I understand that you providers aren't allowed to solicite any offers with me <<snipped>>

So for now, any recommendations?
    Last edited by bear; 10-24-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Erm... you need 80IP addresses? If you're planning on putting 80 VPS on that machine, I am thinking you'll be really hard pressed to get that many on there. Even at 512MB RAM each, you'll only get 32. Plus with so many IP's you'll be really hard to find providers who would go with your price. Lets just calculate PER IP at $1.00. You'll be taking of $80 from there. Your server will be left at around $150 which is not a whole lot to work with. Perhaps you might want to try pushing it up a little.

LeaseWeb comes to mind on recommendations. Have you tried?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    Erm... you need 80IP addresses? If you're planning on putting 80 VPS on that machine, I am thinking you'll be really hard pressed to get that many on there. Even at 512MB RAM each, you'll only get 32. Plus with so many IP's you'll be really hard to find providers who would go with your price. Lets just calculate PER IP at $1.00. You'll be taking of $80 from there. Your server will be left at around $150 which is not a whole lot to work with. Perhaps you might want to try pushing it up a little.

LeaseWeb comes to mind on recommendations. Have you tried?
    We aren't planning on putting 80vps on the machine.. no way, its actually a mis-calculation on my end. We would want around 40-50 and we place 32 VM's on all our machines - then the other 10-20 are for extra IP allocations.

Erm... 10 or 20 extra allocation is quite a lot actually. Do you really need to keep so many extras? 32VM's and some extra IPs... Hmmm.. something like /28 + /27 (13 + 29) should be more than enough for you. So I guess you could still work something out on your budget and etc.

Should be good.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    Erm... 10 or 20 extra allocation is quite a lot actually. Do you really need to keep so many extras? 32VM's and some extra IPs... Hmmm.. something like /28 + /27 (13 + 29) should be more than enough for you. So I guess you could still work something out on your budget and etc.

Should be good.
    Yes, the problem is that we are consolidating two servers into one, so we have around 64 clients (32 per server) which we plan on throwing into one server with higher overall specifications. The problem is IP allocation because 32 per server was fine with our old provider but people get iffy about giving one person a block of 64.

I estimate we could account for cancellations/suspensions and fit active clients on with around 45-50 IP's - But as a provider wouldn't it make sense to just allocate the full 64? By no means would we be wasting these IP's - they would be all assigned.

I understand the IP pricing is a big issue with my budget because of people charging 1$/ip or 1euro/ip .. adds up

It might be worth you emailing jelle [at] serverboost.com and asking for a custom quote. For one of the smaller (or should that be "less big"? ) providers in NL, he's very flexible with packages. He also wouldn't have a problem with your IP allocation as you've got cast-iron justification. Ignore the pricing on the web site - Just shoot him an email

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    It might be worth you emailing jelle [at] serverboost.com and asking for a custom quote. For one of the smaller (or should that be "less big"? ) providers in NL, he's very flexible with packages. He also wouldn't have a problem with your IP allocation as you've got cast-iron justification. Ignore the pricing on the web site - Just shoot him an email
    Thanks for the recommendation F-DNS.

I've currently got two offers from providers so I won't mind adding another one.. emailing him now

Quote Originally Posted by WLH-G View Post
    I've currently got two offers from providers so I won't mind adding another one.. emailing him now
    Even if he's not the lowest quote I would still consider them. He's one of those hands-on guys who takes a lot of personal pride in the service he offers, and he's got big infrastructure upgrades going on at the moment, so it all on the up-and-up

I remember in one of the very first tickets we had with them he said "You've got my number just give me a ring"... 'nuff said?

Well I've gotten a pretty nice offer from an company in Germany so I'm now open to German locations but obviously still looking.

If anyone has any more recommendations, please do post.

You are looking at around 300$ budget with those IP in netherlands, otherwise you will need to go with cheap provider like hetzner, ovh (germany/france)
    UnderHost.comOffshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp CloudUSA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Caribbean - United States - Russia

Quote Originally Posted by UnderHost View Post
    You are looking at more around 300$ budget with those IP in netherlands, otherwise you will need to go with cheap provider like hetzner, ovh (germany/france)
    Well I am unfortunately proving you wrong, although I understand what you mean trust me.

I have settled with a nice provider in the NL & will get my new server tomorrow, thanks to WHT for the help

Quote Originally Posted by WLH-G View Post
    Well I am unfortunately proving you wrong, although I understand what you mean trust me.

I have settled with a nice provider in the NL & will get my new server tomorrow, thanks to WHT for the help
    Which provider was able to offer you that nice deal?

CPU : e3-1230
    RAM : 16GB DDR3
    HDD : 2 x 1tb 7200rpm
    NET : 1gbit port with 10tb bandwidth
    LOC : Netherlands
    IP : 80 IPs

230$/month
    UnderHost.comOffshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp CloudUSA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Caribbean - United States - Russia

Well it wasn't us just to let you know We couldn't offer it for his budget.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

Quote Originally Posted by ServerBoost View Post
    Well it wasn't us just to let you know We couldn't offer it for his budget.
    WorldStream probably but they do not allow more than 20 IPs last time i contacted them and they null route IP 2hour after any abuse notice are sent to them legit or not.

So i would like aswell know who can offer you such deal @WLH-G i would get two of them at that price right now.