530 User XXXXX cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.

Hello

I have been trying to resolve this issue since few days but not getting a solution. I have a windows dedicated server and using plesk.

I have hosted only one site in it. By using Cute FTP i have been trying to connect to ftp folder but it is giving below error :

530 User XXXX cannot log in, home directory inaccessible. I have searched google and fallowed this url :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221934

But still i am facing the same problem.. can you please someone help me in this. I need to modify few things in the site but i am feeling shame and confused regrading this.

Kindly do help me..

Regards,
    Neo.
    We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. Albert Einstein.

RDA in and check folder/permissions.

Try creating a new account and connect to that account on the server through ftp. By this way we can confirm if this is a server wide issue.
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Hello thanks for the reply.

What is RDA ?

I have done exactly which is explained in this thread.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...y+inaccessible

With the new user account iam trying to logging in.. But i got below error :

530 User NEWXXX cannot log in.

Any help?

Regards,
    Neo.
    We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. Albert Einstein.

My website folder is located at C:\inetpub\vhosts\xxxx.com . I have changed the permissions of this folder. Is it the right thing ?

1.Make sure that your FTP site name and FTP user name are same.
    2.The Home directory for the FTP site should be C:\inetpub\vhosts\xxxx.com
    3. Make sure that the user has neccessary permission.

Initially reset the password and confirm that you are holding correct credentials

If all the above steps failed to resolve this issue then change the mode(active/passive) settings and try...
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

Hello friends

Thansk in advance

I have been trying to resolve this issue since few days but not getting a solution.
    I created a FTP on Windows server 2003 using iis 6.0,I have been trying to connect to ftp folder but it is giving below error :
    530 User XXXX cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.
    can you please someone help me in this regards?

Thanks

Lakshman

RDP into the server , Open IIS , Right click the website and click on permissions, Then You need to check the permissions for that user, Make sure the user is having proper read/write permission.
    www.24x7servermanagement.com
    Server Management, Server Security, Server Monitoring.
    India's Leading Managed Service Provider !! Skype: techs24x7