insearchofffmpeghost Guest
    In search of an excellent ffmpeg hosting company

Requirements:
    *nix host
    PHP (including GD2, and other basic modules)
    Mysql
    FFmpeg (php)
    -At least 10GB of space to begin, with room to upgrade.
    -Not sure about bandwidth, assuming 100GB/mo will be appropriate, but room to upgrade will be a necessity.
    -Servers that can handle several users at a time uploading (and converting) and downloading (viewing via flash) videos.
    -Reliability is fairly important.
    -Cost is an issue for the time being, but you get what you pay for. That said, cost is still the deciding factor.
    So, suggestions?

I believe Cirtex does ffmpeg, they are fairly cheap and should meet your requirements. They have discounts in the offers forum usually. I am not sure of what other host provide it, but I am sure there are plenty. Check the offers forum and then search for reviews for the companies you find .
    Good luck, welcome to WHT .

try downtownhost... long standing company with a great reputation and I believe they specialize in this sort of thing...

__________________www.cartika.com Clustered, Managed, Business Grade Multi-Platform Hosting Solutions
    HAL (High Availability Linux) is Here!!Setting the Industry Standards for Uptime

Hello and welcome to WHT.
    Most of the hosts support ffmpeg. What is your budget?

I'd like to keep it at or below $20/month to start if I could.

Honestly, those hosts(dthost, cirtex) seem like they may not be as flexible as I need. I used a host like them for a few years, and had to stick to what they offered.
    There is no flexibility as far as custom php modules if needed, or upgrading only certain aspects of an account with these mainstream hosts.
    I need something which can tailor to my needs more closely, but do not necessarily need vps or dedicated server at this point.

SpruceHost Guest
    vexxhost.com is one I have experience with, and although they are guilty of massive overselling, their servers can take the ffmpeg load quite nicely.

__________________SpuceHost - Affordable cPanel Hosting for Beginners.
    *No Contracts! *Money Back Guarantee! *Pre-installed Templates

Quote:

Originally Posted by bager

Hello and welcome to WHT.
    Most of the hosts support ffmpeg. What is your budget?

Not true, not many hosts do offer ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php support.
    Quote:

Servers that can handle several users at a time uploading (and converting) and downloading (viewing via flash) videos.

It seems like you know the amount of resources that his process does use, in the same way, since you already know that, you should avoid hosts offering too much for too little, since in order of being profitable they need to add more customers per server which result in a degradation of the service, and if this company do offer ffmpeg/ffmpeg-php the degradation would be worst.

__________________Multiple Domain Hosting - Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated ServersFFMPEG, FFMPEG-PHP, Libffac. Libffad2, Xvid, Libogg, Libvorbis, Mp3lame, FLV2Tool Support
    *Cpanel/WHM - RvSkins - Fantastico de Luxe - Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration* LiteSpeed Powered
    Downtown Host LLC - In Business since 2001 - Toll Free:*1-877-384-6781*

Quote:

Originally Posted by insearchofffmpeghost

Honestly, those hosts(dthost, cirtex) seem like they may not be as flexible as I need. I used a host like them for a few years, and had to stick to what they offered.
    There is no flexibility as far as custom php modules if needed, or upgrading only certain aspects of an account with these mainstream hosts.
    I need something which can tailor to my needs more closely, but do not necessarily need vps or dedicated server at this point.

I'm not sure what are your needs or which modules may you need, but if you need something "too" specific, then, yes, you have to use a VPS or a dedicated server.

__________________Multiple Domain Hosting - Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated ServersFFMPEG, FFMPEG-PHP, Libffac. Libffad2, Xvid, Libogg, Libvorbis, Mp3lame, FLV2Tool Support
    *Cpanel/WHM - RvSkins - Fantastico de Luxe - Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration* LiteSpeed Powered

As others have said if what your mainly looking for is ffmpeg then quite a lot of hosts offer that and you will want to avoid the oversellers and try and get a host using higher spec hardware (might be worth asking what they use).
    You have a great place to find one right here, be sure to check for reviews and also ask them some pre sales questions.

__________________█ Fly High Ltd - Shared Hosting - Private Label Resellers - VPS - Managed

Hostgator is supporting ffmpeg and its with less than 5$ and unlimited features

__________________hostmonster reviewbluehost review

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakir

Hostgator is supporting ffmpeg and its with less than 5$ and unlimited features

No, they do not
    Quote:

(9:25:40 AM) Jorge: Hello Larry, just a quick question, do you support ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php?
    (9:26:55 AM) Larry Mc: Only one our dedicate servers
    (9:29:00 AM) Larry Mc: None of our other plans have support for FFmpeg