Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED OVH SERVER

Question NEED OVH SERVER

Hi every body. I m not sure I can ask this question here or not If i m writing against rules i feel sorry for that. i have question like i wanna buy server from http://www.ovh.com but i send them money they return my money because i live in america and they dont sale server to america so is there any way i can buy server from ovh? or any body any resller for ovh? if any body now please help its very urgent thanks

Please any body can help?

Why would you expect an answer about such a little known company this quickly at midnight? WHT is not a google replacement.

If you're so determined to order a server from OVH, why not contact them and ask if there are any US resellers? Also, why is it so important to host with them?

because i dont wanna host with them i wanna use there server for streaming and they have 1 gb port and unmetred server very cheap and its good for me thats why and i need very urgent i hope u understand what i mean i can contact with them but they have support only in french so i cant understand thats why i m asking here. is that i did some thing wrong?

No, you haven't done anything wrong. I'm asking so that we can help you choose a host. There are definitely other hosts where you can purchase unmetered bandwidth and a 1gbps port. One that comes to mind is FDC Servers, but there are others. You can also try the dedicated advertising forum.

Have you also tried a search here?

If you give us more information on what you're trying to host, perhaps we can give better recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by getsongz View Post
    because i dont wanna host with them i wanna use there server for streaming and they have 1 gb port and unmetred server very cheap and its good for me thats why and i need very urgent i hope u understand what i mean i can contact with them but they have support only in french so i cant understand thats why i m asking here. is that i did some thing wrong?
    You do realize that you wont be able to use Gbit of transit, right? Bandwidth is expensive, so expect to pay at least $7-$15 per Mbit that you actually use. That is exactly the same for OVH as any other company.
    Powered by Level3, GBLX and AT&T

www.dedimove.com is an OVH reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by pixeldawn View Post
    www.dedimove.com is an OVH reseller.
    You are wrong. Dedimove.com is a reseller of dedibox.fr

[QUOTE=You do realize that you wont be able to use Gbit of transit, right? Bandwidth is expensive, so expect to pay at least $7-$15 per Mbit that you actually use. That is exactly the same for OVH as any other company.
    [/QUOTE]

thats not relly true. My friend have gbit ovh server for about 100€. He can easy push 30-40MB/S 24/7. No problems with their speed. I had 100/100 server with them and i did use about 12TB/month. And that server did cost me 40€/month

Quote Originally Posted by crazzop View Post
    thats not relly true. My friend have gbit ovh server for about 100€. He can easy push 30-40MB/S 24/7. No problems with their speed. I had 100/100 server with them and i did use about 12TB/month. And that server did cost me 40€/month
    That's why they allow customers from specified countries only

If I remember correctly, OVH limits traffic to the U.S to 5Mbps right?

Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne1212 View Post
    If I remember correctly, OVH limits traffic to the U.S to 5Mbps right?
    i think that they did sell servers outside these countrys before and did cap the speed. Now its not capped if you order from ovh.

ovh work perfect with foreign customer. so, returning money look strange for me. did you pay by credit card? they need filled verification form if i am not wrong if you pay be cc. you can pay by wire then they have no big question.
    TK Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR

Quote Originally Posted by rustelekom View Post
    ovh work perfect with foreign customer. so, returning money look strange for me. did you pay by credit card? they need filled verification form if i am not wrong if you pay be cc. you can pay by wire then they have no big question.
    They only accept customers from PL. UK. DE and FR

Quote Originally Posted by crazzop View Post
    don't expect good speeds to US.

Quote Originally Posted by fbyne View Post
    don't expect good speeds to US.
    no thats true. But its hard to get good speed from all providers in

Eu to US ´n A

Can you not use a proxy? Or do they verify customer details or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Looie View Post
    Can you not use a proxy? Or do they verify customer details or something?
    they dont accept paypal. Only banktransfer or creditcard. They did ask me for passport copy and copy of ex phonebill with my name and adress on.

It's normal for many US DC for international customer. When we purchase dedicated somewhere we always asked for same.

PS. We are from Russia and we have account on OVH and was used it for purchasing dedicated server. Only reason why we do not continue with them was fact that credit card issued in Russian bank doesn't accepted by their acquiring bank anymore.

we got same problem here. they charge and refund back within 1 h after order,then we try to call them but nobody on the phone so we , email - tickets > they sent us to ovh.co.uk where on their agreement allow only UK Customers to buy , so you need to be from France Spain or UK to get a OVH server from them.
    TouchVPS Support Managed Support for Unmanaged VPS/Servers
    Email: sales@touchvps.eu

It's normal for many US DC for international customer. When we purchase dedicated somewhere we always asked for same.

PS. We are from Russia and we have account on OVH and was used it for purchasing dedicated server. Only reason why we do not continue with them was fact that credit card issued in Russian bank doesn't accepted by their acquiring bank anymore.

Thats not the same. Ovh dont rent servers to poeple outside thous countrys.

Hmm, may be something changed at them. Last order what we made under them was 2 years ago.
    Well, i just open ticket under them with question about international order. Let's see what they will reply (Please be patience - sales and very common question usually replied not too quick).

Hmm, may be something changed at them. Last order what we made under them was 2 years ago.
    Well, i just open ticket under them with question about international order. Let's see what they will reply (Please be patience - sales and very common question usually replied not too quick).
    I have done that and they just tell you that they dont accept costumers outside thouse countrys

Yes, they only sell servers to mainland's customers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast