Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dell r610 caddy source?

We put aftermarket drives in our r610's and haven't found a good source of caddies. Ebay has some sellers but the cheapest are knockoff's that never quite fit right in the chassis.

Was wondering if anyone had line on the real deal caddies? Getting them from Dell is like pulling teeth let alone expensive as hell.

3.5" or 2.5"?

The 2.5" size.

Quote Originally Posted by dmst View Post
    Hah, I never even thought to look there. I did use google shopping but must not have been using the right dell part number to trigger the amazon results.

That's even prime eligible, sweet

Quote Originally Posted by dmst View Post
    That's the one I'm trying to pull up on the Dell partner parts page to see if it's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    That's the one I'm trying to pull up on the Dell partner parts page to see if it's correct.
    Yeah was just going to ask if anyone ordered from this amazon seller before. I know the silver color are the real deal and the gold are the knock offs but can't see what color these are in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezus View Post
    Yeah was just going to ask if anyone ordered from this amazon seller before. I know the silver color are the real deal and the gold are the knock offs but can't see what color these are in the picture.
    If it is indeed G176J as stated on Amazon.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...corp&sku=g176j

Dell have a policy where they do not sell caddies without drives, but are making an exception due to the hard drive shortage.

They're not too bad to deal with half the time, or too expensive, so if you get desperate you can give going direct ago. You have probably dealt with some bad reps, managers or entire teams before so I can see why you want to avoid this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
    Dell have a policy where they do not sell caddies without drives, but are making an exception due to the hard drive shortage.

They're not too bad to deal with half the time, or too expensive, so if you get desperate you can give going direct ago. You have probably dealt with some bad reps, managers or entire teams before so I can see why you want to avoid this.
    We have been running into issues with Dell giving 6 month ETA's on SAS drives. Even have had servers delayed in build time for 2 to 3 months. I've had no issues going through the rep to get caddy's alone.

What amount do you consider not too expensive?

$12 to $15 id say.

$12 to $15 id say.
    You actually got them from dell, direct, at that price?

We have been running into issues with Dell giving 6 month ETA's on SAS drives. Even have had servers delayed in build time for 2 to 3 months. I've had no issues going through the rep to get caddy's alone.
    I'm in the exact same boat and Dell said the exact thing to me.

I would have to get a quote from my rep to be honest to give a specific price, I haven't had to order caddies alone since we just got them with the drives, but need to make the exception because as above we can't source them.

You actually got them from dell, direct, at that price?

Last batch we ordered, we got a box of 200. Not sure if it's because we have an enterprise account.

I just PM'ed you a Dell Server sales rep contact info. He might be able to help you.

Just curious, are reps and equipment based/shipped from Singapore for you guys as well?

Maybe because I'm in Oz things are harder to get than higher volume countries like the US.

We have used www.servercaddies.co.uk in the past, they get the parts out very quickly which is a bonus.
    www.netwise.co.uk | High-value UK Server Colocation and Data Centre Services.

> Take a look at our award-winning private London data centre portfolio.

We have never ever faced a issue when buying caddies on their own directly from our account manager. Im sure it just comes down to how your account manager is doing for the quarter.

Alright, who's the grabass that went and bought all those off Amazon... went there today and there's only 1 left! Mother....ers...

If all else fails, xByte usually has plenty.
    AS395558

Thanks, filled out request for a quote just now

Alright, who's the grabass that went and bought all those off Amazon... went there today and there's only 1 left! Mother....ers...
    I originally posted the link but haven't bought any from Amazon.

Does the R610 fit 3.5" caddies as well?
    I find multiple sellers that sell 3.5 that supposedly fit the R610 but on Dell's spec sheet it says that the R610 only fits 2.5?

Thanks, filled out request for a quote just now
    Holy crap xbyte want's $39/ea!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast