SiteCloud Reviews - What is your experience?

Hello,

If you are/were a customer of SiteCloud I would like to hear about your opinion.

It seems to me a viable alternative to Rackspace Cloud Sites, but I like their layered pricing model, that starts much lower than that of Rackspace.

If it's using cPanel, then it's more than likely nothing like Rackspace Cloud Sites or any kind of true clustered hosting or load balanced scalable hosting platform. It looks to be just a case of a cPanel virtual server hosted on "cloud" infrastructure (e.g. high availability to protect against hardware failure).

If they are load balancing using cPanel (which is possible in theory, but in production when customers are adding and removing sites all the time, it is not the perfect solution), I'd be interested to find out how they synchronise the settings between the servers in a way that doesn't impact performance.
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

We plan to offer cPanel with full load balancing and syncronization in the coming weeks. We just put it on one of our grids and have started testing it on production hardware.

It has not been easy to implement, but it is possible (with custom code).
    Brent Presley - brent@innoscale.net
    Innovative Scaling Technologies Inc. - Enterprise Cloud Hosting and Support
    24/7 Dedicated Support, Call us @ 1-888-722-8515
    www.innoscale.net - Ashburn - Dallas - Seattle - Santa Clara - Chicago - Amsterdam

[#QVO-323823]: Urgent - Full backup needed
    date: Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 12:13 AM

I'm waiting yet.
    ------

[#EPX-558887]: SSL PROBLEM
    date Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:50 PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ------

[#GKZ-267392]: VERY VERY URGENT - SSL INSTALLATION
    date Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 12:37 AM
    ------

ALL OF THEM ARE IN PROGRESS YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sep7per View Post
    [#QVO-323823]: Urgent - Full backup needed
    date: Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 12:13 AM

I'm waiting yet.
    ------

[#EPX-558887]: SSL PROBLEM
    date Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:50 PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ------

[#GKZ-267392]: VERY VERY URGENT - SSL INSTALLATION
    date Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 12:37 AM
    ------

ALL OF THEM ARE IN PROGRESS YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You should consider calling them over the phone as your tickets are not being answered nor can chat help you as mentioned in your other thread.

I would simply call and ask to speak to a supervisor.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

SiteCloud is not the company you want to use. Even though their pricing and marketing look good, you will not get what you expect from them. I was lucky because they lost my business in the first 3 days. Not everyone is as lucky. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. Search for my other posts to see what I mean.

Take a look at this thread which is just a few below this one: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1027625

So far I haven't heard anyone say anything good about SiteCloud yet.

Quote Originally Posted by giorgio79 View Post
    Hello,

If you are/were a customer of SiteCloud I would like to hear about your opinion.

It seems to me a viable alternative to Rackspace Cloud Sites, but I like their layered pricing model, that starts much lower than that of Rackspace.
    This seems like a good place to share my experience with SiteCloud.

I started hosting with them in early October, and everything seemed to be going well until three weeks after that. Performance went downhill fast. The SiteCloud support denied that there was a problem. Then, the servers went down for 2-3 days in early january because of MySql problems... which was evident a month before when the slowdown started. They claimed that this was totally unexpected even though many customers told them many times that there was something wrong.

After this, Trey Garnder sent an email out explaining what happened. He said they changed the infrastructure and that they would give more info later. That never happened. Not another email, tweet, or anything else from SiteCloud. They never give any updates, they don't have a forum and they don't send you any emails about anything. The only exception is if you are a new sale, than they will email you. They might email you back, although it might take a while, if you email support.

Servers still were unstable, going up and down for short periods of time (5 to 10 minutes) many times a day. This continued for months. They never migrated their blog to the new infrastructure, which they never used anyway. There are also numerous errors all over their website, which they don't seem to care enough to fix.

I emailed CEO Trey Gardner about all these problems and gave him a list of suggestions. He emailed me back 3 weeks later. He said that he was sorry for all the problems and he knows that "hosting is not as good as GreenGeeks (their parent company) and the problems should be fixed by the time this email is sent". I already decided to switch by this time, so I asked him if I could have a full refund for all the hosting I paid for (1 year).

I have to give Trey props for this, because no where does it say that they have to give you your money back (other than the 30 day money back guarantee). He gave the full refund to me anyway. He's an understanding guy, and I give him respect for that. Everything else; no excuse.

I left about 2 weeks ago for MDDHosting and I think I never made a smarter move.

Sorry for the excruciatingly long post