Angry How I can register "myname.it"?

i'm nor italian resident neither EU resident. Can i register blah-blah-blah.it?

To qualify for the .IT TLD, applicants must have a tax-ID number, and an address, from a European Union country.

The price, if you qualify, is typically around $275.

If you do not qualify, you can obtain an .IT TLD using a full service registrar that will also become your Italian business presence (i.e., let you use their address, etc.).

For thos who do not qualify, 1GlobalPlace will do the latter for $1,250. It takes about a week to complete the transaction and make it official.

At that price, you gotta' want .it bad.
    Last edited by DesElms; 05-24-2002 at 01:30 AM.
    Gregg L. DesElms

Just screw.it

goto www.speednames.com <normally it costs atleast a hundred for a .it domain.

If you don't mind having a domain that just acts as a foward/mask, try http://dot.tk domain. A .tk domain is free* and it's quite easy to setup.

*the not so free stuff
    - 1 - 3 character domain names cost a lot
    - It's free unless it's what they call "special name"

But if your name is longer than 3 characters, and is not too common you might have a chance. It's worth a shot anyways..
    Follow me on Twitter: @talkgamer
    Checkout my new gaming blllaaauugghhh...
    http://www.talkgamer.com

Those prices are ridiculous.

Most .it registrars will offer the service of registering in their companies name if the registrant is not from the EU.

Be careful though, the DNS for .it is very strict
    You need rDNS working and the domain must be on the name servers prior to registration.
    .it registrars usually have this all worked out in advance.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

thanks all for help

Thanks all for help. If anybody know more -- you are welcome!

Rebel:
    .tk is not for me, i'm NOT need ANY domain, i'm need .it domain

so thats why .it domains are "rare" 1000 huh

I am going to recommend this one:

http://www.livetodot.com/

Cost is less than $100
    Brendan who runs it is very helpful and if you are not
    an EU citizen they can help you out.

Gordon
    Last edited by Chicken; 05-28-2002 at 12:00 PM.
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd

Originally posted by GordonH
    Cost is less than $100
    Brendan who runs it is very helpful and if you are not
    an EU citizen they can help you out.
    Looks like an excellent recommendation, Gordon. I'm a little unclear on the pricing, however. From Livetodot's web site:

"Italian names can only be registered in the name of EU residents or companies formed inside the EU. For this reason Livetodot cannot provide any registration service to people outside the EU. However our partner company Fubra can provide a name leasing service for companies world wide. Under this service, Fubra will register a dot IT domain name and then subsequently lease the name to the party requesting the domain.

"This lease is subject to the terms and conditions, which can be found on the livetodot menu.

"Any interested parties should be aware that because this system is manual, and we have gone to the expense of producing leasing documents for Italian domain names there is an extra charge for the increased admin. They should also be aware that they would not be the legal owner of the name, although Fubra will grant exclusive right to use the name as long as the customer conforms to our terms and conditions.

"The charge for this service is £150 (GBP) set-up fee, which includes the first year's registration, subsequent years will be charged at £50 per year."

They charge £30 (GBP) for the domain. So, obviously, £120 (GBP) is their setup fee the first year. It's not clear if the £30 (GBP) domain registration renewal fee is included in the £50 (GPB) fee for second and successive years. If it is, then they're only charging £20 (GBP) per year to keep renewing Fubra's lease on the name. That's excellent, in my opinion! And even if the £50 (GPB) is on top of the £30 (GPB) registration renewal fee, it's still a good deal at £80 (GPB). As long as Fubra's lease agreement is reasonable and there's no risk (or at least little risk) of losing the name or it getting caught-up in some kind of legal entanglement, and if the .IT registry will not have a problem with it, it sounds great! Much better than my recommendation, it seems.

Still, it's a cautionary tale, at least. The .IT registry is clearly strict on the matter. And one must be very, very careful when using an agent in a foreign country. One can lose one's domain name very easily, and if one must sue the agent to get it back, one finds oneself thousands of miles away and often speaking a different language trying to navigate through the foreign country's court system. I've done that and it can be an unholy nightmare. That's why I always recommend 1GlobalPlace -- not because I necessarily like them (especially now that Verisign/Netsol owns them), but because I know for a fact that the agents they use in each country are rock solid and reputable and there's no danger of problems. Hence the outrageous $1,250 fees. When dealing in foreign nations, I've found that paying more initially can buy a lot of peace of mind and reduced headaches later.

I'm not saying that Livedot's Fubra company is not rock solid and reputable, or that a person would have troubles if they signed-up for Livedot's deal. In fact, I highly suspect it would be just fine.

But if it did happen to fall apart and inskin ever needed to do battle with them in the Italian court system to get back control of his domain, the aforementioned $1,250 1GlobalPlace fee will, in retrospect, start looking to him like chump change. That, I think, is why many companies cut their losses up front and just buy-in to "outrageous" fees like 1GlobalPlace charges. For them, it's like insurance against future nightmares.
    Gregg L. DesElms

EU VAT registered companies are allowed to register as many
    .it domains as they like.
    If it was just a case of registering a company you can do that for $70 and not trade it
    but unfortunately the VAT registration forces you to trade so they have the whole thing sewn up really.

You can't even lie and claim to be an EU citizen because they require your national insurance number.

Very strict indeed.

Fubra is fine.
    We are actually one of their suppliers and they are good payers.

Gordon

Just to clear up the pricing issue it is £150 for the contract preperation and domain for the first year although depending on how many names you want to register this can be discounted accordingly.

I take your point about the more expensive providers giving you additional security but unless you are paying them for such insurance it isn't going to be provided. And without mentioning any names you might be surprised who we act as agents for anyway.

All this aside the legal situation would be governened in the UK and our contract basically allows you to lease the name as long as you keep to our rules. I suppose this gives comfort that any legal battle would be in the UK if you wanted to battle us but there would be no real reason for doing so becasue we allow you to transfer out at any time to anyone if you want.

We are really trying to be transparent in the process so if another company has a dispute with your name they would launch a dispute against us and we would have to ask you if you want us to help you defend the claim if you did then we probably could help with that too.

Anyway hope this helps anyone looking for .it domains.

Brendan