Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Google Begins Penalizing Search 'Over-Optimization

Google is making a change to its search algorithm to penalize what the company's head of Web spam called "over-optimization" and instead favor websites with high-quality content and less refined search-engine optimization.

My one site have affected by these changes. My lots of keywords ranked on first page. But now they rank on 3-4 pages in Google. I do not know, what happened, but I have lost all keyword ranking as well as traffic. I have never used any technique to optimization my site. Have someone faced this problem? I want to recover from this problem. Please suggest…

Well Google's employees who'd do this manually or using any kind of automated method definitely do not apply objective criteria in any single case. I'm sure they are trying to do a good job. However at the end of the day you can see a bunch of low quality spammy websites ranked well and others which are content rich, disqualified.

Just look at your web pages, take your time to find out whether you're missing something and resubmit the website for crawling if necessary.

According to me the best way to recovery from over optimization is very simple but tasking. You should have to slow down the SEO and create more and more great quality content.

How does a web hosting company create more unique content for their company homepage :p ?

Quote Originally Posted by ishan View Post
    How does a web hosting company create more unique content for their company homepage :p ?
    Maybe have a 'New Customers' section on your home page, showcasing some of your recent clients. As long as you continually can update it, you'll at least show the SE bots that the content is dynamic/fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by gotlivechat View Post
    Maybe have a 'New Customers' section on your home page, showcasing some of your recent clients. As long as you continually can update it, you'll at least show the SE bots that the content is dynamic/fresh.
    That would actually be a privacy violation.

Are you sure that it is because of 'Over-optimization'?

Quote Originally Posted by denniemark View Post
    Google is making a change to its search algorithm to penalize what the company's head of Web spam called "over-optimization" and instead favor websites with high-quality content and less refined search-engine optimization.

My one site have affected by these changes. My lots of keywords ranked on first page. But now they rank on 3-4 pages in Google. I do not know, what happened, but I have lost all keyword ranking as well as traffic. I have never used any technique to optimization my site. Have someone faced this problem? I want to recover from this problem. Please suggest…

Most probably, you faced recent algorithm update ("Penguin").

Google created a special report page where they wrote:
    "If your site was affected by the "Penguin" webspam algorithm update on April 24th, 2012, and you don't think it should have been affected, please give us more details below:"

Here's a link
    docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVxdmdRWFJRTjRoLWZVTHZkaTBQbkE6MQ

There you can indicate your affected pages and queries

After all these updates of Google Panda and Google Penguin still the search results are not accurate many times. Still there are sites who are irrelevant and ranking in top. Anyways we should maintain our sites quality to the best

Google Penguin

Do you've seen your website rank down after google new update that is penguin update? if yes then what will be your next step to recover your website rank?

Though i didn't face it but some of my friends has lost their rank in Google after this. Now they are planning to re-design of their website and then will start again SEO work. I don't know it will be helpful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by eliza189 View Post
    Though i didn't face it but some of my friends has lost their rank in Google after this. Now they are planning to re-design of their website and then will start again SEO work. I don't know it will be helpful or not.
    what do mean be redesign? is it only for contents or else?

Thankfully we weren’t hit...But then we never indulged in webspam either.

For those who were,
    Stick to white hat (since the update discourages indulgence in spammy SEO practices), legitimate SEO work. Avoid indulgence in keyword stuffing, link spamming (link trading) & linking the same anchor text to multiple sources. Include unique, informative content in your website and make the most of social media interactions.

IF you are not using keyword spamming than google penguin won't harm your rankings

I suggest you for recovering from this probs then Change your all content if possible and if you done any submission with same anchor text for Link building then please remove.

Check you all incoming links...

Many website owners faced this issue recently. This is all might have happened due to Google Penguin update. In many corners, there are so many shouts about Google Penguin Algo update. This algo is to penalize the websites those over optimized and getting spammy links as websites participated in link farming or schemes. If you are the victim of this algo and you are still thinking that your content is not over optimised and you did not follow any bad link building activities you can fill and submit the form to recover your website but the chance are very less. The algo is completely automated so there is very less chance to happen errors to faulty confirmation of your website is over optimized. However, If you have the patience and start doing the rehabilitation you can still find the success.

It is really Hard to recover once google lower a site rank. can you give me your website link

Over Optimization mean is to stop spamming in non quality work.

While you developing content it is good to have focus the content on the topics not for search engines. This way of creating the content although not boosting much of your serp ranking but not let your website fall into this over optimisation or spamming link building category. Please keep it mind "The Content is Always King in Search Engines"

Google mainly tracking the "spam" back linking.

BS!

In my case,obvious spam sites sites are still in the first, second and third position.

Google from time to time play "Peter and the Wolf" against SEO cheaters but nothing happens.

Now its turn to external Over-optimization... and this is the all story of Panda Updates ! Blog networks, anchors without variation and keywords stuffed may be now more penalized.... And I've checked that effect already on my own websites...

From now on you must focus on high quality backlinks and with a mix dofollow/nofollow and mix of anchors texts too!

i find it hilarious that every time google has an update i go up in rankings and pagerank.

and i've never done any seo, just have content.

Hi denniemark, if you think that your website got unnecessary Over-Optimization penalty then you can request to review your site again by using Google Penguin Feedback Form. Click here for form.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast