Need help with SSH on Centos 5 x64

I have been struggling with a couple of new servers that we want to run Centos 5 on. For a second assume that is our desire so going back to 4.x isn't an option yet.

Now while I mention Centos 5, the problem seems to be with PAM and x64.

When trying to login to the server via ssh, the login succeds but then immediately kicks the user out. I have tried this with root and another user created. I have set the UsePam option to no to try to resolve this in sshd_config.

On the H-Sphere forum I found this reference:

http://www.forum.psoft.net/showthread.php?t=19212

" if i try to connect with ssh and i enter the right password i get an error and ssh closes the connection
    The answer already was in the ticket you opened:
    Quote:
    That is known bug dealt with PAM authentication.
    The bug was fixed for i386 systems long time ago. But it was not fixed for x86_64 architecture.

We build FreeVPS kernel new version 1.5-13.1 for x86_64 architecture to fix the problem.
    We also installed the kernel into the box IP 64.71.227.16.

Please reboot the box with the new FreeVPS kernel version: 2.6.9-freevps-1.5-13.1smp.
    Let us know the result."

At this point I am willing to pay to have someone look into this. Whatever is done on the first server will need to be replicated to 2 more so I am looking to pay someone to fix it via IPKVM on all 3.

Please PM me. Nothing is on these servers so I am happy to give you access to fix or if you know how to fix it and point me in the right direction I can or one of our techs can fix it and I am still willing to pay.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Have you compared the file /etc/pam.d/login in this server with any of the server thats working fine?
    Senior Server Administrator

This is the only one with this combination. I have 3 Centos 5 x_64 servers all with this same issue.
    Managed Services

We had a company www.techbrein.com resolve this for us. He worked fast and kept me updated the entire way.
    Managed Services

have you solved this problem, seems that my Centos5 64bit is having similar problems. Can anyone shed some light to this?