Thread: double id's?

haner Guest

i've been reading this forum a lot and noticed something strange with the user Dana. It most of his/her posts, he/she mentions veoweb.net as a hosting provider. It's always in a third party sense, like "you can check out veoweb.net, they might have what you're looking for" and so on... here is a post as an example:
    ===============
    another way you could do this is via paypal.com it allows the client to purchase your item via their CC or bank account (in the US) for free...Ive used this service alot and never had a problem.

------------------
    Regards,
    Dana
    VeoWeb.Net Tech Support http://www.veoweb.net

===============

notice the signature. in another email:

===============
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by malcolm:
    Originally posted by Dana:
    [B] This has been one of my big hosting problems...My ISP refuses to allow me to use their SMTP unless I host with them @ 30$ a month per domain!..let me think! NO LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the bottom of the index page at Veo it says powered by PHP3 if you have questions you could send mail to them to confirm

I just asked Tech support and they said they do support PHP their email address is support@veoweb.net

[This message has been edited by Dana (edited 08-13-2000).]

===============

you mentioned that you "asked" tech support, blah blah, and you can email them if you have questions. but in your email i pasted first, your signature says you work for veoweb. i'm confused on why you mislead people with your posts. anyone else have any questions/suggestions??
      0 Not allowed!

It may appear to be misleading; however, in reality, Dana has taken a tech support job with Veo. I believe she mentioned this in one of her posts here after making some general posts when she first arrived (at which time she had no connection to Veo other than just having signed up with them). I'm hesitant to ascribe any ulterior motives to this.

------------------
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    http://www.hostmatters.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Annette:
    It may appear to be misleading; however, in reality, Dana has taken a tech support job with Veo. I believe she mentioned this in one of her posts here after making some general posts when she first arrived (at which time she had no connection to Veo other than just having signed up with them). I'm hesitant to ascribe any ulterior motives to this.

Thank you Annette I came to VeoWeb as a Client first it was because I like their services that I decided to take a position with them ..when I did this I announced it to the board so I wouldnt seem to be untruthful that other domain you are refering to is my personal domain hosted by Veoweb...I try to offer help without pushing anyone twards any host..if you have anymore questions feel free to contact me

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

I should also say I changed my sig line today so when I post people will not be mislead..its hard to balance my desire to help (and after 9-10 hosts is great) and my desire to be honest.Along with making it clear to people I was a client that I host my personal domains on VeoWeb and If I thought they werent a good company I wouldnt host my sites there never mind work for them *G*

[This message has been edited by Dana (edited 08-15-2000).]

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Dana:
    Thank you Annette I came to VeoWeb as a Client first it was because I like their services that I decided to take a position with them ..when I did this I announced it to the board so I wouldnt seem to be untruthful that other domain you are refering to is my personal domain hosted by Veoweb...I try to offer help without pushing anyone twards any host..if you have anymore questions feel free to contact me

the Announcement Thread http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ubb/Fo...ML/000497.html

0 Not allowed!

Cool

ok I dont want to go through this everytime I post...I dont want to stop posting because I think I have things to share and learn from this place....I want to be honest (hence my announcement) sooooooooo I changed my info and sig line(again) ..if you have any thoughts on how I can express that I have been a hosting client for a long time and now work for a host please let me know
    (Here goes the new sig line)

------------------
    Dana
    VeoWeb.Net Tech Support http://www.veoweb.net
    **Note** I Am a Client of VeoWeb I was offered a position with them, I accepted because I believe in the hosting services they provide,I have alot of experience with many hosts some good some not good my purpose here is to help people avoid the pit falls that I personally fell into

0 Not allowed!