View Poll Results: Web Host Talk Canada?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 60.00%
  • No

4 40.00%

Question Web Host Talk Canada?

Hi,
    If I was to make a Web Host Talk Canada forum, would anybody use it? Please post your replies on this thread and make a vote on the poll.
    Thanks

I'm from Canada, but I wouldn't visit your website.

WHT is good enough, we don't need region specific WHT websites.

Thanks for your opinion Pat H!

I'm not again WHT Canadians' forum because it is userful to ask about business legal aspect, e.g: taxes, licenses, laws, etc. WHT is still a great place to visit though.

My 2 cents

Thanks HA-Alex,
    The Web Host Talk Canada forum would be more about Canadian servers and it wouldn't really affect WHT just because it would have way more issues about Canada. I am not going to start up the forum anyways I was asking this question for a friend.

wht dot nl is a big hit!

Originally posted by Pat H
    I'm from Canada, but I wouldn't visit your website.

WHT is good enough, we don't need region specific WHT websites.
    agreed.

Well, I must admit that given my busy schedule, I find it difficult enough to even visit WHT as much as I want to, let alone HHO or any other hosting forum. So would I frequent a Canadian chapter of WHT? Not sure.

Although, as mentioned ( www.webhostingtalk.nl ), other regional WHT forums can be quite successful. Another example is www.sgwebhostingtalk.com . So there is definitely a possibility of having a moderately successful regional WHT chapter.

I think it really all depends on the "angle" you put on it. And the forum titles you create. Are they meaninglful enough to entice new signups to discuss local issues? And finally, obviously it depends on how many potential members you have. But given the size of Canada, I don't imagine you'd have a tough time building a decent member base.

Hey, offer us all a dozen Tim Horton doughnuts to join. You'll have us lined up at the door in droves...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Make that coffee's and I'll be there.

Here's the thing; if you make a WHT European edition (maybe .co.uk?), maybe people will visit it simply for the European market; but Canada is right next to USA and we litterally share the same economy with USA, so making WHT CA isn't going to be much of any use... That's my 2 penny...

Originally posted by Alfarin
    Here's the thing; if you make a WHT European edition (maybe .co.uk?), maybe people will visit it simply for the European market; but Canada is right next to USA and we litterally share the same economy with USA, so making WHT CA isn't going to be much of any use... That's my 2 penny...

Good point!

So? What are we waiting for? Lets start the European WHT site