Question Web hosting that supports ASP.NET and SFTP

Hi,

I am looking for a basic shared web hosting plan that supports ASP.NET 2.0 and SFTP, but am having trouble finding one.

I would appreciate any insight into why finding this combination would be difficult, or suggestions of hosting providers that support .NET and SFTP.

Thanks,
    Bryan

Hi

Why is it you need SFTP rather than just FTP ??
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

I am looking to setup a site to which employee information (including SSNs and other sensitive information) can be securely uploaded from a dozen different physical locations. I would then like to manipulate that information and add it to a database using ASP.NET.

It is my understanding that FTP is not the most secure method to use when transferring sensitive information. Is that right?

Hi

i think you would be better with using upload methods on a script that goes through a SSL website. (most hosts give shared SSL inclusive with the hosting plan).
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com