Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Agreed. Recently I have had very bad experience with a host whos staff barely can handle even broken english. Very hard to communicate with them and would definitely be a nightmare for a newbie

Very nice post. Thanks for sharing....

Good read!

This tutorial is totally recommended for those who are looking for the right web hosting company. Few years ago, I made a lot of mistakes in choosing the right host for my websites. I've been in a lot of web hosting companies, but they're not good enough for my budget needs. So if you choose a company, better take your time to know more about them...especially the reviews.

Thanks for sharing this tutorial, it will help those who are new to the game.

Hello everyone,

Im a doctor by occupation and i literally have no idea on domain names and web hosting.(I may sound dumb to you as i have no idea on these, Please bear with me)
    I want to launch a website which provides study materials and related information for medical students and practitioners which should have a user login forum and media upload and download facilities.
    I recently purchased a domain name from bigrock. Later i got to know that domain name isn't enough but we need to have hosting for that and in a hurry i purchased hosting from ebay for Rs.99 from guy by name Mr.X and he gave me something called cpanel id and password, He told that every year i need to renew it by paying him 99rs.. Have i done anything wrong in buying hosting from him ?? Any drawbacks ?? will it have any long term ill effects ??

Im planning to start the web construction work from january 2012 as im pretty engaged with my work now. Please guide me to get a domain name and good quality reliable and long lasting hosting (Preferably life time) for the above requirements mentioned.

Regards,
    Anudeep

Why not contact the author of this thread for help? Just my two cents..

very good post. Thank you OP

Very good tutorial and some very valid points well done
    ▌Refined Themes - Managed WordPress Hosting & Theme Development
    www.refinedthemes.com
    ▌Registered Company #12299053 - | VAT Number:
    GB 343 2049 29

thanks for the information very well done
    Currently hosting with SolidShellSecurity.com && awknet.com
    -- I give them both 10/10 ratings for support, uptime, fast servers, security and quality services =)
    I do freelance programming, server management, and web design work. =)

Realistic hosting plans (features/quota/price wise) has to be at the top of the list. You know the saying "if it looks too good to be true, it usually is" and all that.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

thanks for sharing ...now lets put everything in practice...

Quote Originally Posted by Anudeep View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im a doctor by occupation and i literally have no idea on domain names and web hosting.(I may sound dumb to you as i have no idea on these, Please bear with me)
    I want to launch a website which provides study materials and related information for medical students and practitioners which should have a user login forum and media upload and download facilities.
    I recently purchased a domain name from bigrock. Later i got to know that domain name isn't enough but we need to have hosting for that and in a hurry i purchased hosting from ebay for Rs.99 from guy by name Mr.X and he gave me something called cpanel id and password, He told that every year i need to renew it by paying him 99rs.. Have i done anything wrong in buying hosting from him ?? Any drawbacks ?? will it have any long term ill effects ??

Im planning to start the web construction work from january 2012 as im pretty engaged with my work now. Please guide me to get a domain name and good quality reliable and long lasting hosting (Preferably life time) for the above requirements mentioned.

Regards,
    Anudeep

Hey, anudeep.
    It is not wrong to buy hosting from ebay if that is what you mean, but i personally wouldn't recommend it, as you dont always know whats going on and could be a over the night hosting company (By this i mean that the company could only last a few months).
    However saying that some ebayers just use you as an affilate for hosting using reputable companies but it is an iffy move.
    Some of the draw backs maybe that he wont offer support if he is a private seller ?
    Or the servers may of been oversold, meaning you website could suffer from long loading times.
    Just try the host out for a month or 2 and if you are unhappy ask for a refund most hosts will let you have a 30 day refund.
    Do you have a domain name or not ?
    If not go with a domain that is relevant to your site.
    No hosting company will let you host for a lifetime well none i have come across usually the average time is you renew your plan every 3 years to a month by month basis, it all depends on how much you can spend upto.

Thankyou

- Jake

Quote Originally Posted by hostfour View Post
    Hey, anudeep.
    It is not wrong to buy hosting from ebay if that is what you mean, but i personally wouldn't recommend it, as you dont always know whats going on and could be a over the night hosting company (By this i mean that the company could only last a few months).
    However saying that some ebayers just use you as an affilate for hosting using reputable companies but it is an iffy move.
    Some of the draw backs maybe that he wont offer support if he is a private seller ?
    Or the servers may of been oversold, meaning you website could suffer from long loading times.
    Just try the host out for a month or 2 and if you are unhappy ask for a refund most hosts will let you have a 30 day refund.
    Do you have a domain name or not ?
    If not go with a domain that is relevant to your site.
    No hosting company will let you host for a lifetime well none i have come across usually the average time is you renew your plan every 3 years to a month by month basis, it all depends on how much you can spend upto.

Thankyou

- Jake
    Oh and make sure that the host will be able to talk to you in non technical terms. If you dont know much about hosting, and that can be explained

Quote Originally Posted by Anudeep View Post
    Hello everyone,

Regards,
    Anudeep
    There are a lot of reputable Indian Hosting companies; you would be better off buying from them than just some random. After a point support may become a problem for you; so may want to rethink where you purchase your Hosting from.

What are your site requirements ?

Thanks, I used this when choosing my webhost!

Thanks for the post. Good read

Web hosting reviews is always very important while selecting web hosting service provider.

nice guidance rllunzmann for beginner like me

Thanks for the info. This helps a lot.

Nice article for beginners. Loved it.

Thank you rllunzmann for sharing.

Why 8? Why not 7?

Good job . Thanks for the tips.

Thanks for the tips.

Great informative post mate! Very nice to read.
    Fluxilo Web Hosting - www.Fluxilo.com
    Affordable Shared, Reseller & VPS Hosting!
    Quality 24/7 Customer Support & Live Chat

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast