* (Awesome) Review for ThisWebHost (9 months)

I've been with ThisWebHost since early 2010 (mid March) and my experience with them has been unusually pleasant. Before them I was with IX-Hosting (now defunct, probably not the popular one some of you knew about - this was just a re-branded reseller), HostGator and a few nameless others.

Google Checkout took a while to process my payment (it never ended up doing so) so I tried PayPal which unfortunately messed up my first invoice. The support operator seemed a little ticked off, though I could understand why. I ended up going with PayPal in the end.

I originally had two Starter/Blog accounts with them: one for my own blog and one for an organization I was providing IT services for, which was unfortunately disbanded due to inactivity.

I upgraded my account, a few months later (mid August), to a higher plan (Standard) to enable WHM and opened a support ticket asking for an account migration. I ended up dealing with it myself by backing everything up and terminating the secondary account I had with them to move it to a child account under WHM. I had to open a support ticket with them after that due to some inaccurate advertised-vs-actual limits to which they quickly replied and resolved.

I suppose due to increasing customer activity they upgraded to LiteSpeed Web Server to take advantage of the higher performance with Apache compatability. Occassional kernel-update reboots happened back then, and I always got early notice if there was going to be a moment of downtime (except for one time when they had to address a security issue, they rebooted on the same day after sending the email out, understandable). They recently notified me that they have switched to a reboot-less system (not that it was an issue for me before) - that's thinking for the customer.

They are certainly willing to spend an extra buck for the features of these two additional perks, and I couldn't be happier. I have a few VPS boxes across North America, but refuse to move my website to them simply out of fear that I could not match their reliability.

If anyone else here has an account with them, please share your story.

Edit: My domain hosted with ThisWebHost is "bestic.me", moderator please verify.
    Last edited by abestic9; 12-17-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Such a great review!

Do remember to report your domain to the moderators for verification
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Its so good to see happy customers with their hosting provider! Well done to ThisWebHost make sure you keep it up!

Thank you for sharing your review!

Hi abestic9, thanks for the positive review! I'd just like to ask a a question if I may.

Can you let me know why you felt the support operator was "ticked off"? Payment complications happen all the time, so we're no stranger to those at all. It's unusual for a support operator to respond to this in such a way.

The "inaccurate advertised-vs-actual limits" was actually a display bug/issue with WHMCS, reporting inaccurate statistics client side. This is usually updated once a day - but for a better representation of your usage you should always use cPanel directly.

Thanks for detailing your experiences here!

Quote Originally Posted by JulesR View Post
    Can you let me know why you felt the support operator was "ticked off"? Payment complications happen all the time, so we're no stranger to those at all. It's unusual for a support operator to respond to this in such a way.
    Unfortunately I don't have the ticket anymore so I cannot quote the exactly reply. It was nothing inappropriate, just seemed to contain a bit of frustration - I could have been misinterpreting it, however. Not at all an issue for me as a customer as I noted in the review.

Quote Originally Posted by JulesR View Post
    The "inaccurate advertised-vs-actual limits" was actually a display bug/issue with WHMCS, reporting inaccurate statistics client side. This is usually updated once a day - but for a better representation of your usage you should always use cPanel directly.
    I cannot remember if it was displayed incorrect in WHMCS or cPanel/WHM - I was pleased nonetheless when your support operator had it fixed within 24 hours.

Thanks for your reply Jules, good to see a host taking interest in the customer outside of the company website.

Thanks for a descriptive experience sharing. Glad to hear that you have been treated excellently by your host. Keep us posted again.