Interesting Fact about Ambient Solutions

I checked out the website of Ambient (who accquired Serverdivision) and I found that they didn't updated their knowledge base system since 2003

http://www.ambientsolutions.com/asbb2/

Live chat is not available. They have an office in India as well. But no phone numbers etc given.

Is it a trusted company??

It seems like customer support isn't their number 1 priority... anyone beg to differ?
    Heeren Gandhi
    HostElement Web Hosting
    http://www.hostelement.com
    The Essential Web Hosting Solution!

Well maybe they have 2003 technology...

Quote Originally Posted by web_host_guy_007
    I checked out the website of Ambient (who accquired Serverdivision) and I found that they didn't updated their knowledge base system since 2003

http://www.ambientsolutions.com/asbb2/

Live chat is not available. They have an office in India as well. But no phone numbers etc given.

Is it a trusted company??
    Thats because the knowledge base was moved to inside the client area. Also, they bought HiyaCorp earlier so they are redirecting to HiyaCorp's knowledgebase.

Live chat is available from the support site.

Phone numbers are on the contact page.

CXI House
    33 Worton Way
    Isleworth Middx.
    TW7 4AX

Switch Board:... +44 (0) 870 1995415
    24/7 Support:.....+44 (0) 208 5604773
    Fax Line:...........+44 (0) 870 8318667

I can vouch for Ambient. They are a very trustable company and quite large in the UK. They are just trying to get a foothold in other markets.

Fred T

Hiya Everyone,

Ok listen let me clarify some things for all of you. Firstly phone number to India why would you need this. This is their development hq. KB system was taken out of action hence not been updated.. they have far better and loyal uk clients hence not needed unlike their us clients Live support is not in use as it was moved as well. They are trying to better the service for all but some of you guys cant even wait to give them a chance!! I know for sure by Jan 2006 none of you will have anything bad to say We have a full IT outlay of new servers and setup coming in and this takes time. Its not a matter of throwing in a server and moving you over. We are working for the long term! So all of you please bear with us on all issues for another few days!

Unhappy Ambien solutions begins with bad foot

Well, they have bought serverdivision at the beginning of November and I take close to 48 hours offline already. Two weeks ago, about three days down.
    I must have patience until January 2006? over 2 months?
    Your comment is of May. They have not learned anything of server management during these months?
    they have not either learned to take care of the client? Only a response saying that all tickets about problems in server xxxxx will be closed and that they are working in it. estimated up time ¡12 hours!

passed 40 hours and follows server down, and without support notice.

They Are A Good Company Give Them A Chance!

Dear All,

Let me explain to you. We bought server division in good faith and as soon as we took over the ticket board had tickets that just were flooding in. It takes anyone time to figure out where things go and what has and has not been setup. At the same time three huge issues happened lastly one server crashing. Hence everyone has just ranted and raved that its our fault. Take a step back and see the full picture. I agree if we were months into this and had issues I would feel the same it has been only a week! We have had lots of people who genuinely care and ask us what has happened and what is going on and we have told them. The Planet is where all SD servers are hosted. The server went down and we were told it was a kernel issue and the OS needed to be reloaded. This would be fine until we were told by the old owner that mssql and mysql had not been backed up on the HDD D:/. The dilemma escalated when we could not get remote login either as that failed. On top of this we asked TP to do a hardware check in which they reported no hardware was at fault. Then we asked if a windows repair could be done as this would be the best and quickest solution. This failed. We have had a dilemma then on our end as TP also said they would not touch any files on the server. Hence the mssql and mysql could not be moved by us as we have no access nor by them as they did not want to be held liable. This as you can appreciate does not take 10min but over half a day as TP take a few hours each time we instruct them to do anything. Hence we finally decided to slave the C drive and wipe out the D drive as this would be the only way to rescue the databases for all clients which we took the decision as being vital to save. TP told us it would take 24 hours to do a os reload and hence not being able to do anything remotely we are at their mercy. I would like to highlight we have no servers at TP as they are terrible and debate on politics rather than helping to get our clients back online. We will over the next few months migrate all users away onto more stable servers OWNED by us at our own DC suite as they way they behaved was reckless and not professional. For those who think we are passing the blame just for us to look like the good guys is false. We are telling you how it is with out any bs. If we bs it would sound better and make you feel a lot better but we are never one to do this and never have. We tell you how it is and if you don’t want to accept it than that is your progative. All I can say at this point is that we are trying to do our best to restructure SD and make it a success. I want to say it was nice chatting on the phone to some of you guys and you guys understanding where we are coming from. Also than you for the personal emails of encouragement as that means a lot to us. For all that know us we are good at what we do and have been in the hosting market for over 7 years. We know what we are doing. Just things do not happen overnight and you need to realize that we are doing our best to keep you guys informed and up to speed.

Thanks,
    Simon Harris
    SD Support Services

si2040.
    Why I am here? because seems to be the only site where i obtain any info, that's simple. Neither by email support nor the forum of serverdivision.com nobody has explained so extensively the problem.

I don't know if Ambient will be better or worse than Maras. But this in not the problem. The problem is the lack of support, lack of explanations.

I am worried because in about 2 days Ambient officially has send a mail saying more or less: There is a problem , wait seated and you will not tired. And you now says about a problem with databases. And the ftp, and mail, and web service? Nothing works, nothing noting... it will be necessary to wait to fix the databases so that, we say, the mail service works?

If you day by day encounters doors closed of your working place with only a note saying come back tomorrow, perhaps you find this acceptable and returns day after day until, for example, the following year (of course without salary), but i would wish more info.

i too find it ironic that i read more here from SD than anything ever posted on their site. I do sympathize with tough scenario's, but it is like a simple rule i have in life: if you know you are running late, grab your phone, call whomever, let them know your timing, and you are good to go. Same rule applies here: communicate with your clients and they will try their best to understand.

This has not happened. It has been a rough ride. Now they are blaming former owners of sabotage.. this might get ugly. Wish us clients luck Ü

I can afford to be patient- I have my 'real' customers on a reseller account with JodoHost. I only have a couple of vanity domains and some family sites on ServerDivision. The ServerDomain sites are on Windows hosting and there has been a 'Server Application Unavailable' error message for three days. My files are all in their appropriate directories and FTP is working. I think that all ServerDivision needs to do is recreate the website/virtual-directory. No responses to tickets, nothing.

As far as the smear campaign against the former owners- I can only say I was quite happy with their support and had no issues.

Joe LeVasseur