Experiences with Myriad Network?

I've been looking through some hosts for VDS' and stumbled upon Myriad Network (myriadnetwork.com/services/vds.php) which seems decent and when I contacted them via their email support I was given good straight answers by Thomas Petersen (whom I think also goes around this forum). Has anyone had any experience good or bad with Myriad Network for their VDS?

I was also looking at GoDaddy's VDS' (which I think they call VDH) which is both cheaper and allows more data transfer per month but reading around here it seems the general concensus that GoDaddy is pretty bad hosting wise. Amusingly enough, when I emailed them twice I got conflicting answers. One said that if I went over my bandwidth limit I'd be charged extra and another said that I'd get my VDS shut down .

Basically, I like the prices of Myriad Network (I'm looking at the "Small Business" plan and I can't really afford much more than that) and I like the fact that I'm allowed to connect to IRC networks but I can't find anything about past experiences with them.

Yeah they seem to have nice packages, unfortunately i don't have any experiences with them either...
    Hasn't anybody else tested their VPS services?
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

i have 1 month experiences with it.
    have a good and fast server, dc in virginia equinix ashburn
    support is very fast and friendly

Thanks for the replies. I just want to find out experiences people have had with Myriad Network because I recently tried FDCServer's VDS' and their server throughtput speed is absolutely atrocious. If one person were to download a file from my VDS I have there at about 200kb/s, access to the server would slow to a crawl because it would appear as if there was no more bandwidth left to go around.

The highest transfer rate I've ever achieved on it when I decided to test it with some friends was about 300kb/s for about 2mins for what they claimed was a 100mbps connection. That basically tells me that they've either saturated their pipe or they've crammed so many people onto one physical server.

You can obviously tell why I'm a bit cautious now and want some people's opinions before trying out Myriad.

hi

i am a few months with myriad network and i am very happy - fast server, excelent uptime, friendly admins.
    now i have a "value" VDS option.

i recomende this company

Robert

P.S. Sorry for my english

minglong,

If you really require reliability and quality, you should never think about FDC Servers, if we take into consideratoin their network, which is really very unreliable with lots of down-times.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

My only concern with Myriad is the network - they seem to be single homed to BTN
    any inputs on this from their costumers? hows the network performance and uptime?

Originally posted by maxo
    minglong,

If you really require reliability and quality, you should never think about FDC Servers, if we take into consideratoin their network, which is really very unreliable with lots of down-times.
    Could not be better put. I second the motion NO FDC, if anything at the rate fdc is going with their vds (tried it once for a month horrible experience) they should be canned and I have tried a dedicated once through a reseller previously (awhile ago their IRC network section may have improved slightly even with their overselling of bandwidth). In any case they horrendously oversell available transit so I doubt fdc in general will be moving any kind of large amount of traffic successfully on vds solutions. Not bashing this is just my two cents as I have "been there done that" with regards to this provider.

-Justin

I've experienced FDC Servers for almost a month now (the month ends February 9) and as I said above, I found their transfer speeds horrifically slow. I don't consider a transfer rate of 300kb/s on a good day to be satisfactory (for me anyway) which is why I'm asking here about Myriad Network before I take another leap into another VDS plan...

minglong,
    in alternatives way,look at defenderhosting.com/powervps.com
    i have 8 month experiences with it, i think is the best support and network, are the great company
    good luck

Yes powervps is a good altrnative, check them out.

Myriad

Myriad is the 4th host I've been with and by far my favourite. I was first signed up with 100megswebhosting, then surpasshosting, then clook, and finally Myraid. I've had a reseller account with them for about 3 months now and have yet to have any downtime.

Thomas and his support staff are super friendly and quick to get stuff done. I had 3 seperate support requests today, and each one of them were performed in under an hour.

If you want to look at the speed of sites that are on one of Myriad's servers, you can look at my own site as well as anything that's in my portfolio. They are all hosted on Myriad.

check my profile for a url.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Myriad seem pretty good judging by replies so I'll give them a go .

minglong please keep us posted!
    Thanks for sharing your experience jesse!
    I do wonder about the performance of their VPS though...

I've been with Myriad for about a week now. VDS performance in terms of bandwidth throughput is fantastic so far and I've had no problems compared to the previous host I tried (FDC Servers). The support is also friendly and very helpful which is a big plus in my books. So far, I'm thoroughly satisfied with Myriad .

Myriad is awesome.