Managed.com Box Die ?

Ok, they screw people over, but the other morning, I had one of my boxes die, literally, no access.

2 boxes, above and below it are still up, as well as my other boxes. No access to e-mail, etc.

Question is, what are the chances that they pulled it without a reason ?

It had a slim chance to any major floods.

Hi

Managed.com are bad but I've never heard of them pulling the plug on a box without any notice.

May have the server crashed? Or your clients may have violated the TOS?

The best way to resolve this is to contact them. I suggest you do this asap.

Called them, they want am e-mail, i think they'd be able to give me enough info on the phone in the first place. Downtime: 24 + hours. Customers getting annoyed.

Hard to believe folks put customers on a managed.com box in the first place

99% of the box is free hosting

Correction: 1 customer. and like 100 free hosted sites.

and those 99% are subject of priority, managed has good pings, one side most forget, but the spikes well, you'd all know it.

[edit] I just have no idea why a box would be pulled, and its not floods - for sure. No illegal content ether.
    Last edited by e-infinity; 02-24-2004 at 02:54 PM.

Hi

The emails you send them take them forever to reply to. The last time I sent them an email, well I never got a reply altogether.

Trust managed.com to screw things up! Oh well, you got what you paid for...

Anyhow hope things go well!

They normally respond to my emails fairly quickly - often within an hour. Have you tried a reboot request?

Host Unreachable - They Pulled The Plug

Unless a mistake was made your server probably wasnt pulled for TOS, a guy asking for a hosting quote was bright enough to tell me managed had locked him out of his server for a TOS violation but left the server live - just rebooted it and disabled his root access while they investigated. It doesn't rule out a possible compromise or spam complaint, (instant pulling of plugs usually means DOS or similiar large scale complaint).
    www.fxpbackup.com
    www.volohost.net
    Gnax dedicated servers and backup solutions.

Like others said, couldn't it just be a crash ? That does happen from time to time, just like with your home PC etc.

Contact them at their reboot address to get your machine restarted.

Carl

My box was pulled out by mistake, i was said to be using a large number of ip addresses.. One website DOES not require that much