Question Long Island, New York - Datacenters?

Hey all,

I'm curious to see if anyone knows of datacenters located on Long Island (more specifically, Suffolk County)? I live too far from the city to consider travelling to and fro to install new machines and make upgrades. Any information is appreciated! Thanks!

Doh, looks like you've already seen it.

Sorry!

lol. Unlike many people, I am aware of the immense powers the Search feature holds, I did search, but I'm looking for more options. Ezzi.Net looks very nice, especially since it's so close. I'm heading out now to check out two of their datacenters and see what they look like. I would like other people's input as to where there may be other datacenters on Long Island - there has to be competition!

Thanks!

Check out lightning.net. They are in Minieola, might be close enough for you. Just recently, HE bought out Lightning.net. So it is now HE datacenter.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Does anyone know if HE.net's pricing is the same in NY as it is in California?

Originally posted by lotuslnd
    Does anyone know if HE.net's pricing is the same in NY as it is in California?
    What is their California pricing? Just so I can get an approximate price range for what their NY pricing may be. Thanks !

Their pricing is probably the same at both locations. Only thing different I would think would be the cost of a cabinet/rack/power.
    » ReliableServers.com
    » Dedicated Servers | Colocation | VPS
    » 973-849-0535

Where are you located on Long Island? City? I live in Oakdale, and the office is in Huntington. Anyway, I checked out Ezzi a few months ago and spoke with someone I think his name was Chris, anyhow, he was great and the datacenter is very very very nice

I've been talking with Phil from Ezzi and everything sounds very cool. As soon as I have my servers built, I'm going to call him up and go down to their new datacenter on Sunrise Hwy. Can't wait! Btw, I'm in Middle Island.

Originally posted by loopforever
    I'm curious to see if anyone knows of datacenters located on Long Island (more specifically, Suffolk County)?
    I don't really know anything about these guys, but I bookmarked their site a long time ago -- my impression then was that they seemed a little expensive. Anyway, all they say about their location is that it's "within 3 miles of "Rt 495" and within 1/4 mile of the Northern State Parkway," but they're in the 631 area code so it should be Suffolk.

www.vastnet.net
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

They're website <title> is exactly the same as Ezzi.Net - I wonder if vastnet.net is a Ezzi reseller?

Here's one in LI where I was going to apply for a job:

http://www2.invision.net/

NYI is in manhattan, not technically LI. If the poster wanted Manhattan, and the surrounding boroughs, one can name hundreds of places. Anyway, the only two I can think of are invision and lightning.

Thanks for your input so far everyone! Here's list of all the LI datacenters contributed by everyone:

- Ezzi.net
    - Invision.com
    - VillageWorld.com
    - WebAir.com
    - Lightning.net
    - VastNet.net

Thanks for the information everyone, I'm going to begin comparing prices, I'll let you know what happens.

If at all possible, can you PM me the prices? I'm very interested (spend half my time in Brooklyn, the other half in Nassau)

ezzi.net

I use TWS Hosting (twshosting.com) out in Islandia. They offer very good customer support.

ezzi has had a *horrible* uptime and cluelessness record.

paul