Vick, Simpson, Jones, Bonds...

Now they need to target Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan and they would have them all I suppose. Why won't they focus more on the real criminals who are terrorizing our lives?

This would make more sense if you explained....
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

It would make more sense if you watched the news and knew about what goes on in the world.

Lying to a Grand Jury is a crime. So is dog fighting and last I heard murdering two people was frowned on to... oh, and breaking into a hotel room with guns drawn.... hiding assets from the court.... I could keep going...

Sound like real criminals to me.
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

First off, Bonds and Jones are in different classes as the rest as they are simply controversial instances regarding performance enhancing drugs in sports.

OJ Simpson - I believe is finally getting what he deserves and will be surprised if he is able to side step this land mine. But then again, I figured he would have been in jail for murdering his wife.

Michael Vick - Are you freaking kidding me? People like him should be dragged up and down the street and made an example of and will be disgusted if the NFL every lets him play again. His crimes against animals are horrific.

Now, if you are upset about a certain criminal activity not receiving enough attention, arguments can certainly be made. However, I think you've brought up a couple cases here that are not just about the hype - they actually do mean something.

Just one man's opinion.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by lexington View Post
    It would make more sense if you watched the news and knew about what goes on in the world.
    I didn't think it was up to the reader of your posts to have to find out what you were alluding to by watching television. I'll make a note.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

On Micheal Vick's behalf, you don't know if he was guilty.

He pleaded guilty because of his reputation, and the passion he wanted to get back into the NFL. He knew he was innocent that is why he pleaded innocent prior, but he saw his reputation slipping so he just pleaded guilty.

In all honesty, if he would of stuck with the not-guilty plea his reputation would of been tarnished because his name would of been all over the place for an extended amount of time.
    HostMonkey | Your kingdom starts here. (tweet us @HostMonkeynet)
    Affordable and Reliable Shared Hosting, VPS Servers, and Dedicated Servers
    OpenVZ, SolusVM CP, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Support
    Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!

I know they are doing wrong but it seems like every week they are after another athlete instead of the loose hardcore career criminals.
    Last edited by lexington; 11-15-2007 at 08:25 PM.

Wow...you must have an insider to tell you this. Playing devil's advocate, how do you know he pleaded guilty because of his reputation?

And for criminal cases, where jail time is almost inevitable, people don't just confess to save their reputation. They deny and fight for their reputation on the basis of innocence. I'm sorry, I just don't buy your explanation.

I would have more understood that Vick was a hero of yours and you just don't want to believe that he could do something like that. But if I were a betting man, I wouldn't hesitate to stake the farm that he's guilty. Even if he isn't 100% guilty of everything they say he did, in my books, he's guilty by association. If you're so closely involved that your name is at the top of the food chain, you did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by amaZe View Post
    On Micheal Vick's behalf, you don't know if he was guilty.

He pleaded guilty because of his reputation, and the passion he wanted to get back into the NFL. He knew he was innocent that is why he pleaded innocent prior, but he saw his reputation slipping so he just pleaded guilty.

In all honesty, if he would of stuck with the not-guilty plea his reputation would of been tarnished because his name would of been all over the place for an extended amount of time.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHost View Post
    Wow...you must have an insider to tell you this. Playing devil's advocate, how do you know he pleaded guilty because of his reputation?

And for criminal cases, where jail time is almost inevitable, people don't just confess to save their reputation. They deny and fight for their reputation on the basis of innocence. I'm sorry, I just don't buy your explanation.

I would have more understood that Vick was a hero of yours and you just don't want to believe that he could do something like that. But if I were a betting man, I wouldn't hesitate to stake the farm that he's guilty. Even if he isn't 100% guilty of everything they say he did, in my books, he's guilty by association. If you're so closely involved that your name is at the top of the food chain, you did something wrong.
    Seems to me you haven't been following the case.

When this first occurred he pleaded not-guilty. His lawyers convinced him to plead guilty to get his name off the scene to make a quick and speedy recovery.

Yes, if he would of fought it out it would of been cleared and may have hurt his reputation. But his lawyers said that a case like this would last years, and that the next court appearance was set for next year. So he just pleaded guilty for the jail time, to get back in time for the next season.

Honestly, something has trivial as dog fighting shouldn't be brought up as it has been done. Its just that Vick is an athlete and he happens to be African American.

People shoot ducks, and deer for "sport" so why can't dogs fight?
    HostMonkey | Your kingdom starts here. (tweet us @HostMonkeynet)
    Affordable and Reliable Shared Hosting, VPS Servers, and Dedicated Servers
    OpenVZ, SolusVM CP, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Support
    Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!

I watch CourtTV a lot and I agree there are a lot of cases when someone pleads guilty for the lesser charge just to get it over with instead of a media frenzy going on for months and hatred growing.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHost View Post
    First off, Bonds and Jones are in different classes as the rest as they are simply controversial instances regarding performance enhancing drugs in sports.
    I guess those dozen run-ins with the police for Jones are over steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by amaZe View Post
    People shoot ducks, and deer for "sport" so why can't dogs fight?
    WOW! I thought that I have read everything on WHT...but then this...I don't even think that needs to be replied to. That is just sickening.

So are you implying they're doing this because they're black?

If Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods are involved in dog fighting, I sure hope they get caught. And everyone else for that matter, I don't care if your purple.

Anyway, Vick and Simpson are in trouble because they are stupid... not because they are African American.... They are stupid people who happen to play sports and who happen to be African Americans... Like that guy Landis who happens to be Caucasian and a bike rider.. well, and he is stupid.

Hang around stupid people and they tend to rub off on you... which is what these guys are doing.

I was all for simpson until this last incident... wow... how stupid can you get? You have a nice life and all the money you need but you want to go and get some stuff back??? Yourself??? Then again, send someone else and end up in jail as well.. like T.I. I want to ask, WTH was he going to do with machine guns and silencers???

Dogs can't fight because it is against the law... vick pleaded guilty to that offensethat was easy.

I don't know if bonds is guilty or not... the court has not ruled, but I'd say hanging out and letting people give you stuff and rub stuff on you is not very bright. Guilty though, no. Two different things... we have to wait to see what evidence the prosecution has before saying BB is guilty or not... forum pundits don't know jack.

Oh, and Jones... plezzzeee... I'd rather hang out with vick, landis, TI, bonds or simpson.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Yes they are dumb. My point is that they seem to target them as if they are the only reason for crime in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    WOW! I thought that I have read everything on WHT...but then this...I don't even think that needs to be replied to. That is just sickening.
    People put dogs on a pedastal.

It's perfectly legal to injure, maim, and kill other animals while hunting, often for sport, but you can't touch a dog.

Philosophically and morally, is this necessarily right? Who knows, but that doesn't mean it's not the law, for whatever reason.

Yes they are dumb. My point is that they seem to target them as if they are the only reason for crime in the world.
    You are right... and I'm sure prosecutors and police have reasons for going strong after these cases (ie advancment). On the other hand, you can't turn a blind eye to "rich" or "popular" people or someone else on this forum would say that the "rich and popular" get away with everyting. It is a catch 22 in some regards.

I'd like to think that if you break the law, you go get the same sentence no matter who you are... but that is not true. I know having money will provide you with good lawyers and other breaks that normal people don't have.

I know of a group of guys around here that got locked up... the ones who got off had money... the ones who did not are still in jail two years later. I called an attorney on behalf of one of the "broke" guys and the lawyer flat out said if I give him $80,000 he could get him off. Law is not fair, but I don't think we should be thinking vick or anyone else is being unfairly punished.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Now they need to target Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan and they would have them all I suppose. Why won't they focus more on the real criminals who are terrorizing our lives?
    because none of those criminals have been apprehended, and steroids probably harm golfers more than they actually help.