1. Question

Hello,

I've been running my hosting company for awhile now mostly just hosting clients that I have designed sites for and other companies' clients through partnerships.

I have decided to go after a bigger part of the market now and I need to start accepting credit cards through my website to let the public have access to my hosting services.

What I need is a service that is reliable and has good support. (don't we all) Also I am not getting a merchant account at this point and time so this has to be an all inclusive package. I'm looking for something with low or no set-up or monthly fees.

I have been looking at the following compaines as options, but I would like some feedback on them or if any knows of any other companies that they would reccomend.

Thanks for any info and feedback.

You may also check http://revecom.com

Their setup fee is $49 and the discount rate is only 3.90% plus $1 per transaction.

We use them and have no problems

also..

Also check charge.com ... I have not used them, but I am really considering to use them (any pro/con?). Their rates are great! Just check it out...

cheers,

Revecom here too... No complaints so far

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

hows about

http://www.ccnow.com/

there are International and the Account is in Minutes ready ! I try them and they was good. The Rates are OK.
    **** Greetings from Switzerland:: Marco ****
    *** little Info: I'm from a NonEnglish-Country so hope you understand what I mean ***

I with Greg, I really like them. Support tickets are always answered knowledgeably in under 6 hours. Great frauda protection. They check cards for charge back history and will void transactions if the card has an excessive charge back history.

Had one rejected yesterday. Asked why and they said they called the issueing credit card company and was told that there was an excessive history of charge backs. Tansaction was voided immediately.
    Marty Hoskins
    http://tlcwe.com

I'm with Revecom.com too.

Apart from enjoying the low rate they offer, I really like the fraud check system they have in placed. I had a few sign-ups lately that put cards that did not pass through the fraud check, later I found out that they are one of those bad guys on the warning list.

Greg was right, we would rather get one good client than getting 3 bad guys.
    Foong
    Dotservant.com professional website hosting since 2000

8. Cool Thanks for the info.

Thanks for all the replies about Revecom I checked them out and tried out some of the demo stuff and then signed up I've been playing with test account all day, just getting used to it.

I really like the interface so far and the ease of use.

-Jeremy

Statement

How is it nowdays with the statement from revecom, is it still in their name? And not including yours?

Nordic
    " How many bits on a byte..? - Depends on the dog!"

Re: Statement

Originally posted by Nordic
    How is it nowdays with the statement from revecom, is it still in their name? And not including yours?
    Actually, I've been meaning to call them about that. We've been using them since September, and the customers card is still billed under the paysystems.com name. For those who don't know, supposedly they change it after a month or so to Your Company by Paysystems.com or something like that.

Jay,

I have heard that they know longer offer that perk, even though it is still mentioned on their website.
    Marty Hoskins
    http://tlcwe.com

Hey detkong,

We are using charge.com and have had no problems at all so far. They offer great rates and have a nice referral program as well ($100 per account). The virtual terminal software is only $195 if you buy it outright. We had many other companies trying to sell similar products to us at $495 or about $40 per month for 48 months! Just my 2 cents!
    MadMax82

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

13. Unhappy the perk

Is it true that they don't offer that perk any more? that was one of the reasons for going with them..

I still like the service but I would like that perk as well. If they don't offer it they should take it off of their web site.

-Jeremy

Originally posted by MadMax82
    Hey detkong,

We are using charge.com and have had no problems at all so far. They offer great rates and have a nice referral program as well ($100 per account). The virtual terminal software is only $195 if you buy it outright. We had many other companies trying to sell similar products to us at $495 or about $40 per month for 48 months! Just my 2 cents!
    Thanks for the info... How easy is it to configure/install it? Do they have their own API that will allow us to program it with more flexibility? I guess I will do search on this forum regarding their service.... But if you have any info, please let me know.... Thank a lot...

cheers,

Unhappy

Yep, they don't have that perk any longer. I emailed them a few times over the last few months and finally got an answer. I'm disappointed because that is one of the main reasons I signed up with Revecom, in addition to their fraud checks. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them.

Good Luck!
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

<<EDIT>> the most direct link to charge.com which is:

www.charge.com

<<MOD NOTE: Thank you for catching the previous referral link, post has been thrown, but note that in the newer version of the rules, this was accidentally left out. Teck didn't do anything wrong, I just removed the reference to the person who posted the referral link. Sorry for the over explanation.>>
    Last edited by Chicken; 05-21-2001 at 08:26 PM.