Thread: Question on DNS

* Question on DNS

Hi,
    I am having a reseller hosting with a host. This host provides private DNS. Hosting provider remains Anonymous. So when some one search for whois they will not know I am running a reseller hosting biz.

Now I am planning to change the hosting provider to another one who provides higher capacity and higher bandwidth but they will not provide DNS. I need to use their DNS.

How do I provide get a my own DNS so that host remains Anonymous?
    What I need?

Thanks

Hi

ping their name servers and use their IPs, however it may show in the hosting control panel the name servers of the hosting company you are using.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

if the anonymous part is most important, you could use 3rd party dns or your domain registrar's dns.
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses

cd burnt, would you mention e 3rd party dns or your domain registrar's dns you suggest to ramsforums?
    Last edited by v21manager; 03-01-2008 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by v21manager View Post
    cd burnt, would you mention e 3rd party dns or your domain registrar's dns you suggest to ramsforums?
    All domain registration services provide dns service.

This is easy to setup with HostGator. I'm a reseller too, I specialize in customers who need PHP, MySQL or Joomla support. HostGator has been super.

Most hosts that sell reseller plans should provide you with a dedicated IP for your nameservers. That way the host can remain anonymous.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

Any decent reseller plan should come with private nameservers. If your new proposed host doesn't provide this I would just go somewhere else. You can setup dns using other methods but why go through the hassle when you shouldn't have to.