FusionInet - Very Disapointed! New UK VPS?

FusionInet just liquidated their company and didn't bother to inform people of losing their data! (well via twitter but no email) lost my VPS with them that I had finally just finished setting up! they say emails were sent out but I have nothing from them except an invoice ready for paying end of week - any one else suddenly found they have lost their service without warning? also does any one have any good UK vps recommendations? thanks
    Last edited by sirius; 12-20-2011 at 10:17 AM.

That's not good at all.
    Have you tried to contact them and get your data back ?
    Ultra High Performance UK VPS without compromise.
    HPe servers, Intel NVMe DC P3700/P4600 SSD
    https://clustered.net

Quote Originally Posted by phpcoder2009 View Post
    have emailed with no response back yet - there twitter post 24 hours ago said servers online for few more days but they aren't - just can't rely on some people these days
    VPS Providers come and go all the time in this day and age, you only have to check this thread to see that..

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/dead-pool-november-2011/

I hope you get your data back and wish you the best of luck with your next provider.
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Thread title has been updated.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Does it have to be in UK, or anywhere in the EU is ok?

For UK I also agree with backtogeek, if you do not need 24x7 support go with www.racksrv.com you won't be wrong.
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

FusionInet just liquidated their company and didn't bother to inform people of losing their data! (well via twitter but no email) lost my VPS with them that I had finally just finished setting up! they say emails were sent out but I have nothing from them except an invoice ready for paying end of week - any one else suddenly found they have lost their service without warning? also does any one have any good UK vps recommendations? thanks
    Brutal, at least it sounds like you didnt have any data on there. I guess this is the issue with selling resource for less than it costs you. It will always catch up with you in the end.

Do you have any particular budget? there we will be no end of offers in the advertising forums
    www.VMhosts.co.uk - "Cloud hosting within reach"
    UK VMware Cloud IaaS, 24x7x365 Support, Evault Cloud Backup & DRaaS
    sales@vmhosts.co.uk 020 3397 1233

Hello,

For the record. This is incorrect. The server is still up and running for you to remove your data nothing has been deleted. Notice was also given via your registered email address, Twitter, Facebook and on the Fusioninet website. If your email address is incorrect on your account or not set up properly that is not our fault.

We would recommend http://www.namecheap.com/ if your looking to replace our services.

We have been running the company at a loss for 6 months. With sales depleting and server costs going up we could not continue.

Fusioninet wish you all the best for the future.

hi - thanks for your reply - its ok I understand times are hard for everyone! I am sorted now but thanks for the info!

hi - thanks for your reply - its ok I understand times are hard for everyone! I am sorted now but thanks for the info!
    Who did you end up going with

well I am just utilising my dedicated server for the time being but when I am ready to get another VPS I was thinking of giving VMPort a try

and also sorry for not updating when people asked about budget and requirements I lost track of this thread until a message popped up in my email!

Thank you! Greatly appreciated

I thought you might have found something by now