Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    I can't say enough how miserably we failed here. We are working on this, and I'll post the full history after that we finish with the solution, this caught me on my first vacations in over 11 years, with my notebook stolen at the airport, working with a cell phone modem, and a lot of more troubles. I know that many of our customers are pissed off and we deserve every single critic that we got here, indeed, we were unable to handle a crisis like this as we wanted. I wont post excuses, nor blame to others about what happened since is our (or to be fair, MY) responsibility to choose the companies with we are working and who failed to me in this case.

Just want to say that I'm truly sorry and that we have all our techs working since the day one on this, unfortunately our access to fix the kind of problems that raised here very limited and we depend of others who showed a total lack of respect to our business, customers and to me in particular.
    It's not just Europe. I've had huge problems the past couple of days, after lesser problems the past few weeks, with my domestic account. I'm sorry for your problems. I know from experience that you take service very seriously. But things generally have been getting a little out of control.

I can't say enough how miserably we failed here. We are working on this, and I'll post the full history after that we finish with the solution, this caught me on my first vacations in over 11 years, with my notebook stolen at the airport, working with a cell phone modem, and a lot of more troubles. I know that many of our customers are pissed off and we deserve every single critic that we got here, indeed, we were unable to handle a crisis like this as we wanted. I wont post excuses, nor blame to others about what happened since is our (or to be fair, MY) responsibility to choose the companies with we are working and who failed to me in this case.

Just want to say that I'm truly sorry and that we have all our techs working since the day one on this, unfortunately our access to fix the kind of problems that raised here very limited and we depend of others who showed a total lack of respect to our business, customers and to me in particular.
    Seriously, the support is still a joke! In all the time the site was down this week you could ship a new server around the world a couple of times

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Monash View Post
    It's not just Europe. I've had huge problems the past couple of days, after lesser problems the past few weeks, with my domestic account. I'm sorry for your problems. I know from experience that you take service very seriously. But things generally have been getting a little out of control.
    Curt, on the server on where you are, your account is the one using more resources than the 70% of all the other accounts all together, I think that we already touched this issue before, I'm not handling your support tickets now, but there's one of your account that often get flooded with visits and for some reason, WP-Supercache is disabled after a short time of being working.

Quote Originally Posted by webboggles View Post
    Seriously, the support is still a joke! In all the time the site was down this week you could ship a new server around the world a couple of times
    Actually, that's what we did, the problem is that we had to migrate the accounts from one server to another, and if the datacenter does not help too much is something very hard to accomplish, specially when they cut you when you are moving the accounts and leave your old server unplugged for 24 hours periods.

At this moment all the accounts are moved, if you are still facing problems, please PM me here.

Actually, that's what we did, the problem is that we had to migrate the accounts from one server to another, and if the datacenter does not help too much is something very hard to accomplish, specially when they cut you when you are moving the accounts and leave your old server unplugged for 24 hours periods.

At this moment all the accounts are moved, if you are still facing problems, please PM me here.
    My ticket id in helpdesk is DLD-762947
    I've asked for an account on a US server and spent all day getting the files etc onto there and it was all working until couple of hours ago I'm just getting a cpanel/apache welcome message and a 404 if I try to access any files directly.

I can't sent you a PM as I am new here, but please check ticket GNJ-879638. My main domain is up, but the rest are showing the cpanel default page.
    Last edited by pl25; 05-06-2012 at 12:42 AM.

I moved out soon after the second downtime instance started. Just out of curiosity decided to check if the DNS servers are still on the same box or nearby after they moved the server, and it seems that they are, as eu1. and eu2.downtownhost.com have consecutive IP addresses. So much for redundancy.

As I noted in my original post, the box being down resulted in DNS servers being down which defeats the purpose of CloudFlare that Downtownhost offers through CPanel (I understand that it is a standard Cpanel option).

@Jedito: Why don't you use some of your US servers for a secondary or tertiary DNS? or an off-network DNS server? for example a VPS somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by pl25 View Post
    I can't sent you a PM as I am new here, but please check ticket GNJ-879638. My main domain is up, but the rest are showing the cpanel default page.

Update -- just got response from support, they are still working on it and would post announcement when it is done.
    I guess "accounts moved" doesn't mean that everything is fixed; hopefully it would be fixed soon.

Curt, on the server on where you are, your account is the one using more resources than the 70% of all the other accounts all together, I think that we already touched this issue before, I'm not handling your support tickets now, but there's one of your account that often get flooded with visits and for some reason, WP-Supercache is disabled after a short time of being working.
    Jorge, That theory doesn't seem to mesh well with: * What my WordPress dashboards say. * What my Google Analytics says. * What my bandwidth usage is. * The new standard first response from your support folks to please give my IP address. But I'll admit to be being pretty uninformed about all this. Maybe 100s of page views per hour is a ridiculously high load. If so, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    I moved out soon after the second downtime instance started. Just out of curiosity decided to check if the DNS servers are still on the same box or nearby after they moved the server, and it seems that they are, as eu1. and eu2.downtownhost.com have consecutive IP addresses. So much for redundancy.

As I noted in my original post, the box being down resulted in DNS servers being down which defeats the purpose of CloudFlare that Downtownhost offers through CPanel (I understand that it is a standard Cpanel option).

@Jedito: Why don't you use some of your US servers for a secondary or tertiary DNS? or an off-network DNS server? for example a VPS somewhere
    What you suggest is useless when the whole server is down as happened now. What's the point of have DNS up if the server entirely is down?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Monash View Post
    Jorge, That theory doesn't seem to mesh well with: * What my WordPress dashboards say. * What my Google Analytics says. * What my bandwidth usage is. * The new standard first response from your support folks to please give my IP address. But I'll admit to be being pretty uninformed about all this. Maybe 100s of page views per hour is a ridiculously high load. If so, I'm sorry.
    No, is not 100 pages views per hour, sometimes there are over 50-70 PHP instances running just under your username, most of them in one site, but also distributed in different sites

What you suggest is useless when the whole server is down as happened now. What's the point of have DNS up if the server entirely is down?
    I have to disagree. If the DNS was up at least we could have make you change our DNS zones to point at googles mailserver or something to at least have a functioning email (or for the people already using google apps, their mail would be working). Needless to say I changed my DNS servers for the domain to do this.

No, is not 100 pages views per hour, sometimes there are over 50-70 PHP instances running just under your username, most of them in one site, but also distributed in different sites
    Your otherwise excellent support has done very little to communicate which particular site that might be, when it happens, and so on. Instead, they suggest they don't think my sites are really down, even when I tell them I've checked across a couple very different internet routes.

It is not useless as CloudFlare would have kicked in and served some version of the website. That's the point of CloudFlare that you offer, isn't it? But without working DNS, the domain won't be resolved, so CloudFlare doesn't have a chance.

Update -- just got response from support, they are still working on it and would post announcement when it is done.
    I guess "accounts moved" doesn't mean that everything is fixed; hopefully it would be fixed soon.

And now the addon domains are no longer pointing to the default cpanel page, but to the main domain. An update about the current status would certainly help, I don't want to ask support every day "is it fixed yet?".

Ninjalion is still down for 5 days and Jedito and his team don't care to update

This puts a serious question mark on the intention of the promoters - Jedito - in this case.

Problems happen but you don't run away from it.

I have 2 accounts with Ninjalion and another one with downtown and this should be lesson for me to trust these guys. Tickets are unanswered. PM to Jedito too goes unattended.

Never had such a bad experience with any of the 50 odd hosting service providers in the last 5 years.
    Last edited by aspire1; 05-07-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Does this include all the NinjaLion servers?
    Yes, all servers for 5-6 days now.

Quote Originally Posted by aspire1 View Post
    Ninjalion is still down for 5 days and Jedito and his team don't care to update

This puts a serious question mark on the intention of the promoters - Jedito - in this case.

Problems happen but you don't run away from it.

I have 2 accounts with Ninjalion and another one with downtown and this should be lesson for me to trust these guys. Tickets are unanswered. PM to Jedito too goes unattended.

Never had such a bad experience with any of the 50 odd hosting service providers in the last 5 years.
    Yes, the lack of communication is what is the real issue here. What they were thinking, that customers won't notice their sites being down for hours and now almost a week? S#@t happens, but how a host deals with it is what distinguishes the good ones from the rest. And that's why I left at the first (well, second) sign of trouble.

And finally, it is hard to build good reputation, but quite easy to ruin it. Sadly, this is what is happening here. I'd suggest that Jedito thinks very hard about how to compensate the remaining users, if any, on that server. One month of service free as per the uptime guarantee won't be enough, as almost a week of downtime is unheard of in the case of a host with 10+ years of history; it is more typical of a fly-by-night operation.

My customers website has been down for an entire week and this also includes their email accounts.

DownTownHost could at least get the email up and running somehow.

This is a huge profit stealer and I am NOT happy with the situation.

Numerous ticket updates and still no useable answer or fix.

So..All quiet on the DTH front...What's happening? Anyone has any news? My support ticket has remained unanswered for three days now. I am sure there are others like me too as I can see from above posts.

Mr Jedito can you see us or hear us?

Had a chat with Support, the issue where addon domains are still pointing to the main domain is not fixed yet, they said they are working on it.

Something strange -- changes of the webcontent done in CPanel do not affect what content is served, i.e. I change a html file with Cpanel, but it never gets updated when accessing it with a browser. Maybe they changed the CPanel server and I am changing things on the old server? I tried domain.tld:2083, that should be the correct CPanel server, but it goes to the the same one as before.
    Last edited by pl25; 05-07-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pom99 View Post
    So..All quiet on the DTH front...What's happening? Anyone has any news? My support ticket has remained unanswered for three days now. I am sure there are others like me too as I can see from above posts.

Mr Jedito can you see us or hear us?
    All my sites are down again. Just sent in a ticket.

pretty bad.

no updates from support staff.

i am not sure, maybe they don't want to host sites anymore.

I missed your support here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1150910

Downtime is always problem but what was bigger problem at least for myself is lack of support and it is something which we are not accustomed to.

Down again for me, after being up for a day or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast