Cool Dell PE 350/Ensim 3.x/1GHZ P3/1GB SDRAM/2x40GB h.d./400 GB Transfer/$240/No Setup!

Dell Poweredge 350 With Ensim
    • 1GHz PIII Processor
    • 1GB SDRAM RAM
    • 2X40 GB, 7200 rpm hd.
    • 400 GB Transfer
    Ensim WEBppliance 3.0 for Linux (Host 500+ Domains!)
    RedHat Linux 7.2

or

Ensim WEBppliance 3.1 for Windows (Host 500+ Domains!)
    Windows 2000 Server

$240/mth, No Setup!* Month to Month Contract Terms
    *1 month deposit required
    i.e. $480 USD to start and $240 is credited towards your last month after 12+ months

Upgrades
    • SQL 2000 Shared 300MB (Upto 5 Databases) $50 Setup $50/mth
    • SQL 2000 ASP liscening $50 Setup $150/mth
    • SQL 2000 Set up only, Your own liscence $50 Setup
    • First 5 IP Addresses $0 Setup $0/mth
    • Addtional IP addresses $10 Setup $0.50/mth/IP

Datacenter
    We colocate at a WorldCom Canada facility.
    The bandwidth is:
    • True Tier 1
    • Peered with companies like AT&T, Sprint, GT etc
    • Dedicated servers on 10 Mbps Ports
    A note re WorldCom Canada:
    • The Canadian subsidiary is not bankrupt (see my post below).
    • WorldCom has recieved protection and dept financing and is more competitive than ever before

Prices are listed in US Dollars.

To Order e-mail: them@theycommunicate.com
    Or call: 1-866-323-THEY (Menu option 2)
    Allow up to two business days to provision your server.
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 07-30-2002 at 08:05 PM.
    One of Them - them@theycommunicate.com
    Toll Free US and Canada: 1-866-323-THEY x223
    International/Local: 1-416-323-THEY x223
    Fax: 1-416-323-9978

what kind of connections do you have? And with which providers?

what datacenter? what location

you should include what data center .

We colocate at a WorldCom Canada facility.
    The bandwidth is:
    • True Tier 1
    • Peered with companies like AT&T, Sprint, GT etc
    • We have 100Mps Connections

A note re WorldCom Canada:
    • The Canadian subsidiary is not bankrupt.
    • WorldCom has recieved protection and dept financing and is more competitive than ever before
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 07-27-2002 at 11:59 PM.

Good Job Including that note .

Tim, good job in saying "good job".

Peter

FYI

Ensim WEBppliance 3.x features
    • A great new brandable interface
    • Your own DNS Servers
    • More functionality built in than you can shake a stick at

We had a recent CPanel user say that he never knew the Ensim patform was so robust. If you're making the switch or need some extra support we'll be glad to help you make the transition to the industry's leading hosting automation platform!
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 07-27-2002 at 05:51 PM.

Do you mean a Dell 350?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Yes, Dell Poweredge 350s. Sorry for the typo. I'll correct it above. Thanks.
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 07-27-2002 at 06:20 PM.

SQL Server... Is that installed on the customer's dedicated server or access to a shared SQL database? If it is installed on the customer's server, who's license? Customer's or yours?

infortech

I listed shared SQL originally.
    I've edited my post to show other SQL liscening options.

Thanks
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 07-27-2002 at 10:29 PM.

100 Mbps Ports

Some of you have asked re a 100Mbps Port with the same monthly transfer.

This should not be a problem.

I'll have to review it with the network admin on Monday (as we'll have to change the router's QOS settings) then post an update here.
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 07-28-2002 at 03:33 PM.

"[WCOM] The Canadian subsiduary is not bankrupt." Actually, I do believe all of WCOM is bankrupt.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com

The Facts About WorldCom

RackMy.com

WorldCom filed for and received Chapter 11 protection in the US. They have not filed in Canada to my knowledge and there is no such thing as a universal bankruptcy filing.

Let me quote my WorldCom rep, since he should know. On Monday 7/22/2002 he wrote:

"First I wanted to let you know that WorldCom has not gone bankrupt. What we have done in the U.S. only is filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The following is what has occurred:
    • WorldCom, Inc. today announced that WorldCom and substantially all of its active U.S. subsidiaries filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court.
    • Chapter 11 allows a company to continue operating in the ordinary course of business and to maximize recovery for the company's stakeholders. The filings will enable the company to continue to conduct business as usual while it develops a reorganization plan.
    • WorldCom's non-U.S. subsidiaries are not included in the filing and will also continue to operate normally. This means Canada has not filed for Chapter 11 and is operating under a "Business As Usual"
    • What does this mean for WorldCom? We will continue to provide the high-quality services our Customers require during this period.
    • We expect to submit a plan of reorganization for approval by September and intend to emerge from Chapter 11 within 9-12 months (words from JSidgmore from Press Conference this morning)

I invite you to go to http://www.wcom.com for the full story, as well as the Restructuring Information Desk on the site, which will provide the latest information available.

There are no plans as of today to change any of the services at TOR6[Note that TOR6 is the new state-of-the-art datacenter where our rackspace is located]. In fact our migration plan of existing customers at our old datacenter to TOR6 is still moving ahead as planned. If I hear anything different I will be sure to let you know.

So far in Canada it will be business as usual and I am still employed. I will keep you posted if there are any changes to this status."
    So there you have it. The official party line straight from the horse’s mouth!
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 07-28-2002 at 12:13 AM.

Ok, so technically they have not filled for bankruptcy but all of WCOM is still in "bankrupcy" and in the risk of closing down (not highly likely) or being sold (which is more likely).

Don't get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with WCOM and they will still be around in some form of another, but just not as WCOM (my opinion).
    Mike @ Xiolink.com

RackMy.com

Well, chapter 11 is a technical matter, so the technicalities can not be brushed aside. Most people understand bankruptcy to be that part of the bankruptcy act that requires a company to liquidate assets in order to pay debtors. This is only one possible restructuring under chapter 11.

WorldCom has received chapter 11 protection and has been allowed to continue business, to pay selected creditors, to pay employees and retain assets. They have received a very sizable loan which will allow them to continue business until they can be profitable again.

Major creditors of WorldCom are now bond holders. They could apply to have the company liquidate assets but the consensus among the creditors and on the street is that WorldCom's business units (e.g. MCI and UUNet) are more valuable taken whole and that leaving them as is will be in the best interest of the bond holders.

It appears that WorldCom ran into troubles because of massive debt brought on through overly aggressive infrastructure development and acquisitions. Well they are now free of much of that debt. While the sale of an entire unit is possible, what is most likely is that the company will now be in a much better position to be profitable and will continue as is. But, hey if not, "what's in a name" anyway?

In any case, my point is that it is a plus that this offer is being hosted out of a WorldCom Canada datacenter. The peered connectivity is truly world-class. The datacenter is secure with 24 hour security, Biometric Key Access, Diesel Power etc. But you know that because we are talking about a WorldCom facility after all. So maybe there is something to a name after all.
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 07-28-2002 at 01:16 PM.

"It appears that WorldCom ran into troubles because of massive debt brought on through overly aggressive infrastructure development and acquisitions."

Ok, this will be the last post as I am sorry to tread around in your post

WCOM ran into problems misreporting income which were actually expenses.

They were trying to keep the growth momentum of their stock price. The problem was they could not post the massive profits they once did because theses profits were due to acquisition. WCOM would purchase a smaller company, merge them in to WCOM and bam... Hugh profit increases! Shareholders loved this.

The only problem was that there was no one left to aquire except the big players like Sprint, AT&T, etc and the DOJ would not allow these types of mergers. At their last aquisition, they were told "no more mergers" because they were at the limit of becoming a monopoly. They tried to grow a couple of times after that by trying to merge with Sprint and were told "NO". No more growth like the share holders were used to. What's left? Cooking the books. Very sad really

Again, WCOM is in major trouble but they will emerge in some shape or form (maybe AOLUUNET ).

Sorry again for mucking up your post!
    Mike @ Xiolink.com

I think you’re just arguing for no reason. Read what I said check out what the street is saying and come to what ever conclusion you like. Their accounting woes are secondary to profitability. A profitable company doesn't need to cook books.

WELL.....whatever. My Point once again: The datacenter is great and is not going to disappear any time soon. You can agree with *that*, can't you?

WELL.....whatever. My Point once again: The datacenter is great and is not going to disappear any time soon. You can agree with *that*, can't you?
    Ok, I know I said the last post was it but you asked the question so I will answer.

Yes, I can agree to that and always have We use UUNet and will continue to.
    I think you’re just arguing for no reason. Read what I said check out what the street is saying and come to what ever conclusion you like. Their accounting woes are secondary to profitability. A profitable company doesn't need to cook books.
    I am not arguing, just stating what is already known to clear up some confusion.

BTW, they did cook the books and have admitted to it.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com

Good enough for me.

No longer available